Sign in to follow this  
Blueheart

Lift/Elevator System in Buildings

I should start this off by saying I'm fairly new-ish to the game, so a lot of mechanics/ways of doing things are quite new to me still

One thing that seems to have stood out while doing buildings/moving items in crates is that there's not really a clean way to just move a crate up a floor, for example instead of building a 2nd Floor by bringing a crate up, I've had to drag items up and carry them along, with a low Body Strength this can result in a lot of time spent simply dragging objects around, but for now, its do-able.

This suggestion really is to suggest some sort of lift/elevator system, be it mechanical with chains or simply be a rope-based pulley system that the player can utilise to move larger containers up/down floors without the need to bulk move items instead, this could possibly extend out to all items/entities also, but for now even items would be great

It would be cool to get further opinions/suggestions from other players as I'm not the most creative, so any extensions to this idea would be appreciated

Thanks 😄

• Like 1

I remember something like this being asked for years ago when we hauling upstairs with a rope was enabled, would love to see a primitive elevator system added.

+1

• Like 1

allready in place.

you can pull crates up with a rope, need a ladder to do it, stairs wont work.

• Like 1

I've thought about this as well but as stated it can be done with ladder opening floor and just use rope to pull it up then push it.

Something like that on the docks would be nice I think as well, loading crates up onto it but maybe it is overcomplicating things but I liked the idea of it.

No, thank you.

You can hall up.  I understand, though, that this isn't possible with body strength under 23.

If you are careful you can open containers on the ground floor from the next floor up.  I have done this a lot - fiddled a bit until I got an empty container upstairs and transfer everything into it.

I believe a wagon can be accessed from both ground floor and 1st floor up.

I know there's a small dev team for this game, so I would never expect anything mechanical like that to be added in necessarily; With that said though we do have Portcullis's already that open and shut similar to how I could definitely imagine this concept be similar to.

Having a pulley system/elevator system would make it more interactive to place things on second floors, third floors, fourth floors, and beyond! There's houses in real life that have built in laundry chutes/elevators, just seems like a really fun idea to me for wurm too!

I find myself very rarely using my second floors on my houses because it does require a little ingenuity in some cases to move bulk items up there. Imagine gears in this game?! Mechanical movements? So cool! At least I think so, maybe I just like to look towards the future and enjoy change xD!

• Like 1

I would find a pulley hoist totally acceptable.  A good addition, even.

• Like 2

Here's how it could work.

Your building would have double doors on every floor.

The top floor would have a modified "Double Door Goods Hoist" that would include

• a wooden beam
  • tackle
  • heavy rope

You could then stand on any floor, (look up at the hoist?) and use the Hoist action to haul a crate or other object to your current floor.

It wouldn't be very different from the current ladder system, but it would look very nice

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 4