Sign in to follow this  
Silvirwolfe

Can put a mine door on a slope greater than 90 on E/W side, but not on N/S side

As the title says..  Dreaded N/S vs E/W bug....

Mystic Sands on Indy has a 2 tile canal entrance at a 93 slope, facing E/W. Opened through to Monastic Haunt, same level continuously, cannot add the mine doors on that side at the same 93 slope facing N/S. 

Forsete tried to attach the door as well on Haunt side, [13:22:21] <Forsete> [20:22:43] That hole is too big to be covered.

Sinestra opened another tunnel, 95 slope on the E/W side and showed Forsete that we could indeed add a door.

I realize this was removed due to bugs on the PVP side of things, but is the limit really necessary on the PVE side? Especially if it is partially working.

EDIT: I do apologize for putting a personal wish at the end, it is not intended as a discussion piece.

Edited by Silvirwolfe
  • Like 2

It is an artificially imposed limit?

I didn't know that....

Terrible.

+100 We've had the same issue on a linking tunnel between our two deeds on Xan. We can place a door on the east facing entrance which is in the perimeter and decays quickly but not the south facing entrance which is on deed and would not need so much maintenance. Very frustrating! And we don't want to expand the deed into useless steep rock terrain just to cover the east entrance when the south entrance is already on deed and would be perfectly suited for the door. Trying to understand why this N/S restriction is even a thing? What purpose does it serve?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Katrat said:

+100 We've had the same issue on a linking tunnel between our two deeds on Xan. We can place a door on the east facing entrance which is in the perimeter and decays quickly but not the south facing entrance which is on deed and would not need so much maintenance. Very frustrating! And we don't want to expand the deed into useless steep rock terrain just to cover the east entrance when the south entrance is already on deed and would be perfectly suited for the door. Trying to understand why this N/S restriction is even a thing? What purpose does it serve?

Might want to make the suggestion thread for it, this is a bug report 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Katrat said:

For the record, off deed is a different issue. Anything on perimeter/offdeed will decay.

This is an actual bug report for mechanics that don't match up via the direction you are trying to implement them. Both on deed, same situation, just different cardinal directions.

17 hours ago, Silvirwolfe said:

For the record, off deed is a different issue. Anything on perimeter/offdeed will decay.

Yes I am very aware of the decay rates of on deed vs off deed which is why a mentioned not wanting to expand the deed to counteract the perimeter decay. I was explaining that the N/S is the one we need it on the most not the E/W side because of the deed and decay issues. The point I was making is that we have the same issue as the OP. It works on the E/W side and not the N/S side. Sounds like a bug to me so why would I put this under suggestions? 

Thank you for reporting this, I have added it to the list.