Sign in to follow this  
AdventurerWurmer

Mobs in underground Mine Pens...

randomly disappear and/or escape the pen they were in. Even if it is reinforced cave wall!

This is a known issue. Some mobs can escape thru locked gates or doors in a mine. I watched a brown bear walk thru a locked door just as if it were not there (no door opening animation, just the brown bear walking thru it like it was a ghost door).

This is why I wont keep animals underground yet. Some random mob can pass thru my locked things and kill my farm animals if I have any down there.

Here is a thread I started in 2016...

I have tested things off and on since then. It appears that the deciding factor 'may' be the location of the locked area (building or fenced area). But I have not consistently tested things enough to be sure. I was wondering if this is still going on more recently.

To my knowledge, no actively aggro'd mob has ever escaped a locked area for me underground. In this case, I mean if they were aggro to me, then they respected the locked gate/doors. But if I was away and return so that they are not actually aggro'd at me, that is when they may sneak out of the locked area.

You can test this more, see how it is working now. I mean like which server, which deed, which secured area? in a building? fenced area? does it have locked gates? area all the gates locked? stuff like that. Just I would not test it using some very critical animal or important pet, since we know that any animals in 'secured' areas underground may possibly escape.

Thanks for your post.

Hello :) Thank you, I've added it to the list.