Sign in to follow this  
markcoyle73

Multiple tamed animals

I know that some of the features of this game are meant to foster teamwork with other players, however they are very restrictive and at least to me unreasonable. Not being able to tame more than one animal seems unrealistic and counter productive unless the point is to force some of us to create new caricatures to tame the other animals and "encourage them" to spend even more money on a supposedly free to play game... A player should be able to at least be able to tame 2 animals to pull a wagon.   That should not be an unreasonable request..  We will see.....

Edited by markcoyle73
missplace word
  • Like 2

i agree that the way taming works is a bit restrictive especially for instance taming a unicorn to use as a mount means that if you are riding that mount you cant tame any other creature you may find without the tamed mount reverting to untamed status, i think as a tamer gets higher level they should be able to tame more maybe gaining an extra tame slot every 25 skill levels would be helpful to allow a tamer to be more effective at what they do. 

actually this is exactly the reason i have not gone down the animal taming route because what is the point if the previously tamed pet becomes untamed if i find a new specimen i want to add to my collection, also my charactor i wanted to breed wildcats with has to have help to do so because if she brings her tamed wildcat close to an untamed one they attack each other, not cool at all to have to have 2 tamers to breed tamable aggresive critters so in order to play with her breeding these creatures i had to make a second charactor a tamer too

• Like 3

Yeah it is a bit limited as it is right now. If you want a bear wagon or something you basically need 4 tamers.

Another option maybe to be able to breed leadable/hitchable creatures in captivity. Something similar to this trait for aggressive creatures:

Combat, Rare It seems extremely tame Aggressive animals become passive ? 0

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Animal_husbandry#Traits 

Edited by Idlamn
  • Like 2

+1 This has been asked for many times and I have to agree. Only having the ability to tame one animal at a time is fairly useless and not just from a wagon hitching perspective. If I see two creatures in the wild that I want to bring back to my deed but they must be tamed to lead them then I must tame one, lead it all the way back to my deed and pen it away from anything I don't want attacked by it. Then, if I still have time, I must  go all the way back to were I found them(That's assuming I can find that spot again) and hope the other is still there. It also makes breeding hostile creatures a bit of a bloodbath at times. While breeding turtles I've had an issue where the new born agro killed the tamed mother. So I really do like the idea of breeding tamed animals resulting in non-agro offspring. Domestic dogs were bred from wild wolves after all.

• Like 1

Guessing have it run like AH, more skill more you can tame.  I kind of like this id maybe make it a priest only thing. A player could play as a druid style chr. This would give priest something other players don't have. might encourage more player to play priests.

On 6/4/2022 at 8:45 AM, Katrat said:

It also makes breeding hostile creatures a bit of a bloodbath at times.

I remember trying to breed my two champion lions once, Nala and Simba, and it turned into this fight to the death between them. They were attacking so fast it looked like a real lion fight lol. Needless to say the one I had tamed un-tamed so there was nothing in my power I could do but watch. Luckly the female survived so I can try breeding champion lions again.

Edited by Idlamn