Sign in to follow this  
Sinnjinn

Grumpy Goblin Leader is Grumpy....

Lets cheer him up by poking him with many sharp objects!!!

It's been a little while since our last Public Slaying, but here, for your pleasure FUNK presents to you the slaying of a Goblin Leader

Goblin Leaders give a unique 'Fearless' title if you don't already have it, and blood that will make a Mining Imbue, very useful for pulling ore HIGHER then the QL of the vein.

The slaying will take place Saturday at 5:00pm EDT

For the location, it is M-16.  If you know where the old Cadence Buddhist Monastery is, it's just down the east side of the mountain from there.  The mountain is pretty steep, but it is traversable by Large Cart if you're careful about picking your path.

I think the flat spot at the top of the mountain will be a good place to gather right before the slaying.  Feel free to bring mats for a stall and place merchants.  I'll try to have one with some good fully enchanted weapons.  The actual slaying spot is covered in olive trees, and from the Monastery it's just a sort trip...in fact the Monastery MIGHT be in local, but I'd make my way down the mountain right before the slaying just to be sure.   

RULES:

No large carts, wagons or Hell horses anywhere near the fighting

AND, because the Goblin Leader is really quite small, no horses.  That's right, no horses please.  They simply block to much LOS to such a small target

Also, please listen to my instructions right before the slaying.  As usual I'll try to make sure people who need the title get it

timer_E1654376421.svg

Here is the easiest way I've always found to get to the old Monastery.  Route to Goodmeadow.  Once you're looking at the front gate, turn and head south....you won't be following a road.   15 to 20 tiles you'll see a path, and there will be a pointing sign pointing you up the mountain on a 1 tile path.  The path (mostly) directs you to the Monastery, however the path is incomplete in places...just keep following the ridgeline up. when you're at the very top of the mountain, look down the ridgeline and you'll see the terraformed remains of the deed

Edited by Sinnjinn
  • Like 9

Have fun with your event where I cannot participate (other cluster) 😎.

At home on my deed

[01:34:44] A venerable fat champion goblin 'Grumpy' eats some meat.

Just to mention, lol.

Have fun with this one, ungodly hour for me so wont be able to attend. Poke him long and hard !! 

Wait a minute! I read that time completely incorrect thats a nice hour :)  See you there

Violent is sitting inside the pen on the East edge, so if you see her in local, you are in range to get the Blood.

5 hours ago, azuleslight said:

i see a sign that says dawgs peak is that correct?

It's on the path...   keep going

I want to apologize to everybody that stayed near the altars, and likely didn't get blood.  The plan was for me to lead the GL out of the cave and fight him out in the open.  However, we had massive problems getting to him, and I think everybody grew impatient, and as soon as he appeared, everybody just bum rushed him.   Local does funky things between a cave and open ground, the result being a lot of people getting screwed out of blood.   I'm very sorry

• Like 1

I confirmed after the fight that my cart up at the altar was still in local of me being down there, drop range must be slightly lower than a local (the team up at the altars were barely in local, just by a few tiles)

1 minute ago, Gavaldor said:

I confirmed after the fight that my cart up at the altar was still in local of me being down there, drop range must be slightly lower than a local (the team up at the altars were barely in local, just by a few tiles)

Yea, I confirmed it before the slaying, but I don't think it's the drop range, I think it's that it was slain in the cave....but regardless of WHY, lots didn't get blood, and I feel bad.  

Big thanks to everyone that took part in organizing and hosting the event!

local of cave and local outside cave is 2 diffrint things. :) bin like that even back when i played epic years and years ago