Sign in to follow this  
gorgian

exploration chest

With this new system coming out. I find there is an opportunity to add an extra skill use aka "lock picking" if chests were locked. Plyers would have to pick them open, If they cannot ope open the chest. Then they can ask a locksmith ti open it for a small fee. This would then add a new option to the market place.

At present there is no use on pve servers for this skill.  Seeing the majority of the population play on the pve side. It would just make sense to add this to some of the higher difficulty treasures.

P.S. I hope there will be drake hide or scale in these chest too. 

• Like 2

nvm...

You are refering to those generated chests right?

Not player chests like here:

?

Edited by Idlamn
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Idlamn said:

nvm...

You are refering to those generated chests right?

Not player chests like here:

?

Yes correct, the generated chests for the new exploration update coming

So, if we follow your suggestion we have to first do a chase that can last several hours across the server, fight off several champion mobs to clear the chest and then suddenly get nothing for several hours work because we dont have an additional skill that has no use out of this single case or have to convice someone else to come out into the middle of nowhere to open the chest. Said person or anyone else coming along the with the needed skill can then wander off with the content of the treasure chest since there are no perms on them. Everyone can pick up the content of the chests while the mapholder just can stand helpless next to the chest.

Nope. I think I will pass on this...

Edited by Bekador
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Bekador said:

So, if we follow your suggestion we have to first do a chase that can last several hours across the server, fight off several champion mobs to clear the chest and then suddenly get nothing for several hours work because we dont have an additional skill that has no use out of this single case or have to convice someone else to come out into the middle of nowhere to open the chest. Said person or anyone else coming along the with the needed skill can then wander off with the content of the treasure chest since there are no perms on them. Everyone can pick up the content of the chests while the mapholder just can stand helpless next to the chest.

Nope. I think I will pass on this...

Items in the chest could be made soul bond to set character that found the chest. Then you also have the current in game loot prevention with in x number of tiles of proximity still in effect.

Edited by gorgian

lock picking is already a thing, random locked chests in the world is an epic thing. 

I don't think this system benefits from locked chests. 

• Like 3

I would love to see some small chests that needs lockpicking, if you can't open sell them to me as lotery or pay my services as lockpicker xD

As some one who can pretty easy -ish lockpick 90QL supreme knarr with a 99QL lock attached (those who tried know how bad it is to lockpick) i must say this suggestion must been made to troll people 🤣 I only see all possible different ways it can go wrong for people who cant lockpick themselves to semi-skilled lockpickers having to shrink an extra hour or so to loot a silly treasure (if you call 30QL materials a treasure lol) chest. 

4 hours ago, DaletheGood said:

Lockpicking belongs only on PVP. Period.

^ That

• Like 1