Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Exploration: Part 1 - Public Testing Round 2!

5 minutes ago, MissDakota said:

I saw some have put pics of maps on here, and a map of the server,  where are you getting those maps of the server showing the landscape ?

The map dump is in the first post of this thread. 

What about adding these to to the loot-table as fragments/skins or recipe to learn and be able to make them?

67df729fd0814c5cda82509163b1b54a.gif

160dd410efae5566dc90538b95add2fb.gif

• Like 6

Favor filled gems, is there a chance for them? if not can they be added to the loot table?

12 hours ago, kaidley said:

Favor filled gems, is there a chance for them? if not can they be added to the loot table?

it's a DIY(do it yourself) package, you get ropes in 1 chest and gems in another, maybe both with same chest

13 hours ago, Finnn said:

What about adding these to to the loot-table as fragments/skins or recipe to learn and be able to make them?

Also please god let us keep the glass bottles from fishing.

I'd also like to ask a dev, if they're still watching, do the maps generate when the casket is opened? If I travel to Indy, find a map there and open the casket on Celebration, will the map be for Indy or Cele?

Also, the crab statue I found has no material type. Is that normal? I can understand if it maybe can't be imped, but it'd be nice to be able to rune them for fun.

Edited by Madnath

45 minutes ago, Madnath said:

Also please god let us keep the glass bottles from fishing.

I'd also like to ask a dev, if they're still watching, do the maps generate when the casket is opened? If I travel to Indy, find a map there and open the casket on Celebration, will the map be for Indy or Cele?

Also, the crab statue I found has no material type. Is that normal? I can understand if it maybe can't be imped, but it'd be nice to be able to rune them for fun.

if you get rare/sup/..  bottle.. can you screen/gif and post *here* or rather.. here 

as another note... my experience so far is bad... based on... mining and getting ql6 map... then ql 29 from journal.. mining more.. just to get ql11...

Challenge for me.. is trash level so far, any chance to scale things somehow?

* balancing and alt hoarding etc.. is not my problem obviously.. just want to have some kind of fair good experience and challenge and not a cheap slot machine based on rng rolls, obviously this is best farmed by having many alts and spamming actions all day, which is not gameplay, it's rather exploit to how it works to gain more than others;

What really bugs me.. is.. do you guys plan to scale content with this, as it seems to be da-bomb content many waited for because of free sp and exclusive content.. this is now rifts 4.0 rewards, but.. rifts were mostly implemented and buried, few cosmetic changes but no improvement to items gained from the rifts for years, the list of hinted content and missing implementation from rift rewards is long and offtopic but it's a really good study and lesson.. that if something works, it shouldn't be left behind.

18 hours ago, Madnath said:

You can't take them to other servers. They are bound like settlement deeds.

• Like 1

As per Finn's request, posting this here

VWFi5hM.png

Please let us open the bottle and keep it. It has a cork in the top, allow is to just open it and discard the cork seal, or hell, make the bottles the only way to get cork seals, and they only work with treasure bottles, and let us seal them up the same way we do barrels and the like.

Please?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Madnath said:

VWFi5hM.png

Please let us open the bottle and keep it. It has a cork in the top, allow is to just open it and discard the cork seal, or hell, make the bottles the only way to get cork seals, and they only work with treasure bottles, and let us seal them up the same way we do barrels and the like.

Please?

are bottles only obtainable by fishing or? didn't encounter one so far

25 minutes ago, kochinac said:

are bottles only obtainable by fishing or? didn't encounter one so far

Praying definitely works, at least at an altar.

I've mined for about 9 hours total and got nothing yet there.

On 6/12/2022 at 10:24 AM, Finnn said:

8 hours ago, Madnath said:

VWFi5hM.png

Please?

We need to be able to give more than one heart to posts.

These objects themselves are valuable added content.  

• Like 2

suggestion for the ui..

Treasure map window from right click "Open" could include the other 2 functionalities from right click "show hint"(on map in inventory) and "show legend"(on the map window) could be part of the treasure map window and work in the familiar way from the normal map with enabling/disabling village, alliance pins, etc..

(idea is to not hide functionality behind right clicks, keep the ui simple)

Is it possible to have a checkbox or some way to keep the shown hint/s on the normal map from fading away after few seconds and prevent it per map or for all currently shown hints?

Useful functionality could be(because of overlapping areas):

show hint per map

show hint for all maps in inventory

hide hint per map

hide hints for all maps in player inventory

--edit

[18:59:10] <Daveospice> what tricks are people using for the maps that show just a hill etc

[19:00:46] <Shydow> Daveo - Make sure you right click the map > show legend

[19:00:57] <Blazecraze> Wait the map has a legend now?

[19:01:18] <Lisimba> The UI really needs to expose this stuff more.

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 2

There are some problems. I have a problem seeing green on green. And if the topology is different I have to select pieces in paint.net and, with problems, look for the right place on the map. And on the community map itself, it's also hard, but there, at least as on a contour map, there are marks.

I already have 3 cards hanging in the air. I live on xanadu and I can't even find it with brute force.

JWjjfOZ.png

• Like 4

I have an excellent offer. Make a pendulum spell, similar to the existing ones, to search for treasure on the map. For example, an activated pendulum on a treasure map, and then as with the search for a champion.

Edited by TheZvir
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, TheZvir said:

I have an excellent offer. Make a penlum spell, similar to the existing ones, to search for treasure on the map. For example, an activated pendum on a treasure map, and then as with the search for a champion.

not a bad idea considering directions were gutted and some areas are disgusting to navigate

speaking from experience

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

12 hours ago, TheZvir said:

I have an excellent offer. Make a pendulum spell, similar to the existing ones, to search for treasure on the map. For example, an activated pendulum on a treasure map, and then as with the search for a champion.

That seems like a decent compromise to me for getting more useful hints to return.

Might make it too easy, though, unless it was extremely short range even at very high casts/pendant qls.

@staff do you think we could get a ~quick fix to this?

it's crippling the way to obtain maps and forces literally robot-macro behavior, it's completely detached from normal human interaction and penalizes endgame players, etc..

Imagine you have 10x action queue and do fast actions, you can't just play the game, you need to wreck your ability to play the game and workaround the broken part to ensure better chances

• Like 4

Hypothetical question ~ If a guard tower decays or is bashed and destroyed will that be changed on existing maps leading to that particular tower?

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 12:23 AM, TheZvir said:

There are some problems. I have a problem seeing green on green. And if the topology is different I have to select pieces in paint.net and, with problems, look for the right place on the map. And on the community map itself, it's also hard, but there, at least as on a contour map, there are marks.

I already have 3 cards hanging in the air. I live on xanadu and I can't even find it with brute force.

JWjjfOZ.png

Aye I have family with varying degrees of color blindness.

One possible way of fixing this could be an option to use very contrasting colors, akin to the Blob mode for people afraid of spiders.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 7:31 AM, Karrde said:

Aye I have family with varying degrees of color blindness.

One possible way of fixing this could be an option to use very contrasting colors, akin to the Blob mode for people afraid of spiders.

Another way would be if you hover over the boxes in the bottom that it highlights the area's on the map that are of that color

On 7/7/2022 at 7:31 PM, Finnn said:

@staff do you think we could get a ~quick fix to this?

it's crippling the way to obtain maps and forces literally robot-macro behavior, it's completely detached from normal human interaction and penalizes endgame players, etc..

Imagine you have 10x action queue and do fast actions, you can't just play the game, you need to wreck your ability to play the game and workaround the broken part to ensure better chances

if your total action queue is less then 30 seconds you really don't need to make any changes to how you play though?

Edited by wipeout
  • Like 1

Ignore this plss

Edited by wipeout

22 hours ago, wipeout said:

Another way would be if you hover over the boxes in the bottom that it highlights the area's on the map that are of that colour

Something like this is sorely needed... I'm still squinting because half the colours on the legend are the same and I can't drag them to colour match the map but even if I could I'd still be squinting and honestly I can do without the headache and eye strain.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 6:38 AM, wipeout said:

Another way would be if you hover over the boxes in the bottom that it highlights the area's on the map that are of that color

if your total action queue is less then 30 seconds you really don't need to make any changes to how you play though?

- only useful rune on shovel is gather; unless somebody lives to terraform(personally despise terraforming of any kind)

- unless somebody's on path of power for the stamina.. 10x actions at 90ML just do not remain flat on 3sec timers and actions go past the window, this pretty much tells you to play like robot or just ignore the content with rare rolls and gathering actions.

I'd not recommend to anybody to play like robot, that's just sad(sketchy and just pushes you toward macroing)

personally I'd take a break and hope of better time with any kind of improvement to this mess instead of players doing workarounds based on wu code

map bottles are unreasonably wogical when dropped on the ground, could we get an update to their dimensions, maybe?

Step 1: drop rare map bottle...

Spoiler

eeb7fc087528165b5d09faf0ab6edc22.gif

Step 2: Drop a rug over it .. or drop the bottle on a tile with a rug(both provide the identical visual result seen below):

2.1 Wonder where it vanished...

Spoiler

ac3743f418bd47f832b31e3bdac93ae3.jpg

Edited by Finnn