Sign in to follow this  
Ols

Anime and Manga

I agree the first half of the manga was adorable, and since that's what the anime is based off I can safely expect the rest of it to be good. However, if they make a second season which continues to follow the plot of the manga, I'm not gonna watch.

The ending is... disturbing at best. If we had spoiler tags I'd put a couple of bits in them, but I'm not going to bother in case I ruin the "surprise".

*Bump* ;D

Nearing the end of the Summer season. Moving into the Fall season.

Aye, fall is looking good. C^3 will be good if it's like the light novel, and there's Lupin III stuff to look forward to as well ;D

???????????/Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai/I don't have many friends? is pretty funny. It's got HOTD syndrome for camera angles (although not quite as prevalent), but err- I'm not gonna say that's a negative trait, lol.

It's abbreviated Haganai.

Recently I've watched:

Chobits

Dance in the Vampire Bund

Durarara

Baka Test

Haganai.

and Nichijou.

I've still got some others I've got to finish. I think Dance in the vampire Bund is gonna shoot for a second season, which is plausible, but I feel they didn't do too well on the story telling. I played with some really controversial subjects in the anime (mainly age difference romances and such), which I imagine must really annoy Fathers Against Rude Television. I liked it, but it was one of those where stuff happened, a few weeks or more passed between episodes, and the characters don't really bother to recap what happened. Wasn't bad though. Durarara is just excellent all the time forever. Baka Test makes me giggle profusely, and chobits was a good light romance. I was pleasently surprised that the anime actually housed a plot, which wasn't what I was expecting when I first got into it. I really like Nichijou, and also how they manage to keep everything flowing even though the individual parts are basically random deviations from a plot that questionably exist (it doesn't). But that's not bad, because Nichijou is trying to be funny, and it's succeeding too.

Also, I'm recapping some manga. Gotta read Hollow Fields again, as I haven't gone through it since I was very young. It's pretty good too :3.

i really loved Steins gate <--(clicky)

That sounds awesome o-o. In the really weird way...

This girl I know was reading a manga called Shugo Chara. I leafed through it for a bit, and, perhaps it's because it was volume two, I had no clue what was going on. There was A LOT of special floaty whatsahoosits and girly paraphernalia. I was quite lost lol.

i really loved Steins gate <--(clicky)

That sounds awesome o-o. In the really weird way...

This girl I know was reading a manga called Shugo Chara. I leafed through it for a bit, and, perhaps it's because it was volume two, I had no clue what was going on. There was A LOT of special floaty whatsahoosits and girly paraphernalia. I was quite lost lol.

Wait you haven't seen steins;gate yet? Watch now!

If anyone is looking for new anime to watch...

I'll just name off good ones from the top of my head.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (Follows manga instead of creating its own plot unlike the 2003 series of FMA)

Vampire Knight (Isn't a twilight vampire thing, has the most interesting vampire "system" in my opinion)

Fruits Basket (One of the funniest animes i have saw)

Naruto Shippuden (2nd favorite, its funny and has loads of action and awesome characters MUCH better than the original series)

Romeo X Juliet (While kind of slow it was enough to interest me unlike the stage adaption of R&J)

Death Note (GLORIOUS GLORIOUS CHARACTERS, SUPER DETAILED, USED TO BE FAVORITE)

Code Geass (Hands down my favorite anime, 50 episodes and the greatest ending to anything)

Dragon Ball Z (Instant classic but by now everyone has seen it so its not really a suggestion)

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (One not normally recommended but its on par with the rest)

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Greatest anime to watch if you are depressed, cause it brings out motivation in anyone)

Am i missing anything here?

I tried watching the anime a while back, and that's all I got from episode 1. I think it's just like that :L

Just finished reading 20th Century Boys - if the whole series had been as good as the last 40 or so chapters, it would have been amazing, but even so, finishing it gave me a very satisfied feeling for some reason.

I'll take a potato chip, AND EAT IT!

I'll take a potato chip, AND EAT IT!

Still one of the best quotes ever.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Greatest anime to watch if you are depressed, cause it brings out motivation in anyone)

Best. Anime. Ever.

Literally changed my view of the world after finishing the entire series in one ubermarathon.

I couldn't get through the whole thread to see if these were already mentioned but

Death Note

Blood+ (blood plus)

Basilisk

Hellsing

Serial Experiments Lain.

Are series I'd recommend. Death note in particular is quite psychological.

I honestly think someone should summarise all the Anime and Manga referenced in this thread. I simply cannot be bothered to read it all anymore.

Has anyone or seen Guin Saga (or read the massive set of manga volumes?). Got my eyes on it after seeing Nobuo Uematsu did the soundtrack, and the art style seems nice.

My brother told me to watch Katanagatari so I started it. It is very good. Everyone should watch it.

Also my update for the Fall anime since it's about half way into the season

This time I'll put stars at the end to show you how much I love it(1-5 stars lowest being bad):

Ikamusume II - Watched the first, the silliness continues in this second season of the squid girl. Comedy is exactly the same as the first which is good since I like comedy.***

Boku ha Tomodachi Ga Sukanai - OK this one is quite funny with the sexual jokes, the only thing that bothers me is the harem part of the show. Other than that it's a must watch this season imo.****

c3 - The synopsis got me a little curious so I decided to watch it. Blood, Weapons and Comedy... yes this is a show I enjoy but not as much as others I've watched, nevertheless it has an original feel to me so I'm continuing to watch it.***

Guilty Crown - Seriously, I don't know how to explain this... uh... let's see... nope I really can't think of how to explain it other than lots of flashy animation and good music. Main protagonist seems like a crybaby though.***

Ben-To - Makes me hungry every time I watch...*stomach growls* Another comedy for this season to watch. ***

Mirai Nikki - Now this one is ****ing insane... blood and s***. This is a must watch for people who like watch crazy people slaughter each other. Main protagonist is a crybaby in this too.*****

Phi Brain:Kami no Puzzle - This one interested me at the time since I was playing a Professor Layton game and got interested in puzzles. It's a good show. I'd recommend watching it.****

Working'!! - Another season. New comedy. Same characters. I recommend watching the 1st season of this before watching this one. It's hilarious.****

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - I can't explain this one either. A bunch of flashy characters introduced at the beginning, 13 episodes long, I'm not sure this one is gonna sell well.**

Continuations:

One Piece - Finally! Luffy and his crew are heading to the New World... I can't wait!*****

Mawaru Penguindrum - I'm kind of glued to this one... I'm not sure if I'd recommend watching it or not... hmm...***

Recently watched/ing older anime:

Saki - Mahjong + Yuri... I guess that's all that needs to be said for this one. Waiting on the next season(if there will be a 2nd season).

Katanagatari - *look at the top of my post*

I also plan on rewatching Makai Senki Disgaea since I started playing the game and have already seen the anime once but that was years ago and I can't recall much of it.

I think that's it... will update for Winter Anime

*Kswords takes his leave until Winter*