Sign in to follow this  
Darkelf

Character deletion?

I know this is an odd request, very much like to have this character deleted, so i can start all over fresh. For some reasons, just cant get in there, knowing what i have done in the past and some bad turns as well. Either that or ask a GM to knock her skills down to 1 and those attributes to 19.5.

Already got a handful of characters in there, dont really want to mess with them. Infact can delete those well as, cause i dont play em lol. Least others can use that character names. Too bad, there isnt a ingame options for that. So very much like to have this done and be gladly to remake her and add another year of premium as well.

You can put in a request to the GM team in-game with a ticket - type /support to start. 

6 hours ago, Pandalet said:

You can put in a request to the GM team in-game with a ticket - type /support to start. 

Ah i didnt know if that even possible, like having abilities to do those things. Alright worth a shot, really wanted to remake her and thanks :)

Already i am ready whenever they are, sitting at Haven landing for some time now. I try again tomorrow, read a book while i am idle, i just stripped her almost completely. She doesnt have anything on except her default clothings, pottery bowl 2q, a carving knife and a steel&flint.

Edited by Darkelf

Alright, now i am pissed. I need to find another game master or the head game master to help me here. Last time i quit playing this character, they refuse to help me when i was trapped in mine/cave. left me there to die, took me six hours to break out :(

So i wanted to delete this character, start all over fresh with this name, unfort that cannot happen unless i get punish or banned. But i may never use this character name again. So secondly i cannot get a simple request for lower all my skills back to 1, attributes to 19.5, etc. And that deity removed as well, that is all i ask.

Any game master willing to help? Or do i need to get back in the game, raise some hell??

They shouldn't interfere if you're in the middle of something unless it's a bug like that should have allowed you to get where you end up..

Long ago that was dead-end.. but now you can just ask in "freedom" chat for priest summon to be saved from a cave trap or some tricky situations with stamina and losing skill and your items, worst case.. you'll have to pay somebody a few coppers for the summon

raising hell will just get you banned, you wont get that same name, you can skip that and just play on new name if you want that

Using karma portal or /suicide or a priest summon can help you get out of being stuck. 

12 hours ago, Darkelf said:

Alright, now i am pissed. I need to find another game master or the head game master to help me here. Last time i quit playing this character, they refuse to help me when i was trapped in mine/cave. left me there to die, took me six hours to break out :(

So i wanted to delete this character, start all over fresh with this name, unfort that cannot happen unless i get punish or banned. But i may never use this character name again. So secondly i cannot get a simple request for lower all my skills back to 1, attributes to 19.5, etc. And that deity removed as well, that is all i ask.

Any game master willing to help? Or do i need to get back in the game, raise some hell??

Account deletions aren't really granted upon request, and certainly not dependent on the game master in question. 

You can request a full deletion via the right to be forgotten within GDPR if you are within the EU, but otherwise, just make a new name. 

16 hours ago, Darkelf said:

Why is it a problem that you already have some skills and a diety? You can change religions and the skills don't stop you from anything.

It's also worth noting that getting yourself banned will not free up the character name.  Quite the opposite, it will make sure that nobody can ever use that name again, including you.

I can't help for in-game, but if you want your forum account permanantly banned, I can do that - simply drop me a PM with the request to start the process.

I'm not sure how many problems would that cause but afaik, character names are left on the DB forever, including those that expired because they never paid premium. Relations exist between the character and items the character created, ownerships of all kind, logs and so on. Removing the primary key entry could cause a lot of mess, possibly items disappearing on people who bought them from the deleted character.

GDPR doesn't cover in game characters, only data which can be used to identify a specific, real person, so requesting a data wipe to be compliant with GDPR can be done by replacing all of those identifiers with 127.0.0.1, deleted@deleted.com and so on, which will leave the rest of the DB in correct state.

Character name is not bound by GDPR rules.

One option would be to have the requested name changed to something else so that it becomes available again but that's just me guessing.

I know that ranting and stomping feet doesn't get far.

Edited by Locath
  • Like 1

Well all i know i made this character two plus years ago, things have changed and manage to make a few on Steam when that came live. Idk i just couldnt stick with it and decide to switch back to my ol' Darkelf. But i do remember good and bad times and i feel like starting all over fresh. Some players call that a hard mode and was looking forward to it. Well that was disappointed that i cant get that simply request done on here or ingame. I know would be pain for a gm to go over each skills and reduce them, etc.

Idk, feel like i am done with Wurm Online, cant seem to get what i like done and enjoy it. Like most players, they dont care, they simply just go out, doing random things, killing, etc. I am not like that lol. I am more of roleplaying type of player. Btw i get more options and supports from Unlimited than i do Online. There one server, believe i had Darkelf on it, ask the gm simply to delete her, so i can start over fresh. So the next day, i manage to make her from the start in there. Pretty sure, all you gotta do is go over the game folders, look under player profiles and remove that player folder. Unless its more complex than that than Unlimited one.

Its just too easy for me get back on my feet, cause my skills are decent than making a new one. So i got tired of making new character! It was getting pointless!!

I am sorry but am I getting this right, you feel like you are done with Wurm Online due to not being able to have a particular character name?

Seems that is how I am reading this, unless I am reading it incorrectly?

If I am correct, seems a bit odd to me....just my input.

this whole topic just feels like trolling but this is not true.

3 hours ago, Locath said:

'm not sure how many problems would that cause but afaik, character names are left on the DB forever, including those that expired because they never paid premium. Relations exist between the character and items the character created, ownerships of all kind, logs and so on. Removing the primary key entry could cause a lot of mess, possibly items disappearing on people who bought them from the deleted character.

when an account is deleted all permissions, objects etc are changed to "unknown" same thing goes for a character on your ignore list being deleted.

w/e ocd or w/e reason it is..

is it possible to by mail/pm/etc request gdpr request for deletion and restart with same name etc..

if it's fully wiped and ccab does not care to preserve and restrict the name, that seems like will do best for what the player intends

53 minutes ago, Finnn said:

w/e ocd or w/e reason it is..

is it possible to by mail/pm/etc request gdpr request for deletion and restart with same name etc..

if it's fully wiped and ccab does not care to preserve and restrict the name, that seems like will do best for what the player intends

This is true. However I'm unsure if the name would become available for another use. And abusing this process for this reason would likely be frowned upon.

idk about the complications with local and grpr freedom to ask for complete wipe, etc.. either way.. wiped char have no value

--

personally I do not get the need to change the game unless some heavy RP is involved or mental condition like ocd, 

with internet.. it's easy to get used to using different names.. as "yours" is taken and you otherwise end up with xx, zz, etc.. letters around a name..