Sign in to follow this  
Daisybella

New player, waiting to download the game.

Hello I'm Daisy from Ireland and I'm a new player currently waiting on the game to download as I speak. I was just wondering what the community is like, if the game is populated and if it's worth jumping into in 2022? Thank you :)

• Like 5

Welcome to wurm daisy, our community is about as tight knit far as mmos can be, the population can be spread out somewhat but you can always find someone in a local area to be near or even live in the same village with. Wurm is extremely vast in scope when counting all the server isles added up but our community made events can bring in 100+ easily.

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply Jeston :) Quality is better than quantity so if you're saying it's got a small but tight knit community that's dedicated to the game I'll take your word for it. After all I'm sure you've been playing a long time.

Best community i have ever found in any game, keeps me here - 16th year now 🙂 Grab a seat, sit back and enjoy the wurm ride glad to have you here

• Like 1

I have been pretty strongly playing since 2018 and before that it was on and off once in a long time dating all the way back to 2006 but back then my PC didn't run well with wurm so I often had put the game down but eventually with age and better hardware I came to enjoy wurm fully, the community is very active and vocal for our overall numbers.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Daisybella said:

Hello I'm Daisy from Ireland and I'm a new player currently waiting on the game to download as I speak. I was just wondering what the community is like, if the game is populated and if it's worth jumping into in 2022? Thank you :)

Just jump in and have fun;

Try stuff.. if you are stuck - poke ca-help chat tab with questions, they are there to help with replies.. you'll still be all alone and have to find people or run from them(whichever you prefer)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daisybella said:

We are always looking for new players and it is always worth diving into!

10 years now and counting! 😛

Don't forget to bookmark and refer to the Wurmpedia.

It's a wiki for the game that's extremely useful and even veteran players tend to use it often.

It's the best reference tool for the game and what you can't easily find there you can ask questions on CA Help (ingame text channel) to get good answers about game mechanics on.

Edited by Tristanc

Please join us, Daisy. Welcome to the game! 

Before you really get going I highly recommend to take a look at this very useful page: https://wurm.gg/new

It will answer most of your "1st-day questions". 

Have fun! 

Hello Daisy, 

Welcome to wurm, say goodbye to life as you knew it! It's time to enter your second life and say goodbye to the past. Wurm is very community driven and you'll run into all sorts :) I hope you enjoy your stay wherever you end up. 

Welcome to Wurm Daisybella.

I hope that you have a wonderful time making your life in Wurm whether that be as a lone player, a villager, a merchant, a fighter, a farmer.......

I can honestly say that I have found some marvellous players in the game who will spend as much time as it takes in order to help newcomers and established alike. I've been here over ten years and have only come across helpful, kind considerate folk- I trust and hope that you will find the same.

The islands (servers) are not as 'full' as some would wish, however, if you enjoy the company of fellow-players in local, you can always ask in these forums to start in a village. You may then decide whether to stay, move out to make your own deed but stay in the neighbourhood or simply explore.

Basically you can do whatever your imagination and interest leads you towards. 

Enjoy!