Sign in to follow this  
Subie

Deed upkeep

. Be able to pay upkeep from any settlement token for deeds on different servers.

The problem with this is technical. Deeds don't exist outside of the server that they're on.

• Like 3

What about being able to pay via web store for deed upkeep? Could this be an alternative?

• Like 3

there was a talk about that kind of feature/s around the change to receive email when your upkeep is fading and the renewals.. you could be just about anywhere... will be good to just be able to login into your account and have the option to link/attach/w/e other accounts(alts) with other deeds.. so you can at a glance see all your upkeeps, maybe summary.. and some easy way to pop +x silver to all upkeeps or add a silver or gold coin to specific deed's upkeep from the web.. if you mess it up.. it's probably ok to be forced to go ingame and drain token, etc.. to fix such mistake..

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Finnn said:

there was a talk about that kind of feature/s around the change to receive email when your upkeep is fading and the renewals.. you could be just about anywhere... will be good to just be able to login into your account and have the option to link/attach/w/e other accounts(alts) with other deeds.. so you can at a glance see all your upkeeps, maybe summary.. and some easy way to pop +x silver to all upkeeps or add a silver or gold coin to specific deed's upkeep from the web.. if you mess it up.. it's probably ok to be forced to go ingame and drain token, etc.. to fix such mistake..

You get the upkeep mail if you are part of the deed. It could have a link to a page where you can choose to put x amount to upkeep from that account. They are already attached to the deed by membership to that deed.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gorgian said:

What about being able to pay via web store for deed upkeep? Could this be an alternative?

that's a really good step forward.. allows you do bump upkeep from anywhere.. with your phone..

There really does need to be a system for this. A friend of mine was on another server helping another friend when his deed dropped. It took him close to a day to get back and re-deed. By that time his deed was thoroughly pillaged by looters. They literally cleaned him out of anything that wasn't locked and planted. And this was PVE! If he was alerted and able to add to the upkeep from the other server he was on this could have been avoided.

1 hour ago, Katrat said:

There really does need to be a system for this. A friend of mine was on another server helping another friend when his deed dropped. It took him close to a day to get back and re-deed. By that time his deed was thoroughly pillaged by looters. They literally cleaned him out of anything that wasn't locked and planted. And this was PVE! If he was alerted and able to add to the upkeep from the other server he was on this could have been avoided.

There's emails to every account at 30 days and 7 days, did he miss those? 

7 minutes ago, Archaed said:

There's emails to every account at 30 days and 7 days, did he miss those? 

I'd think he would have responded if he saw them but then again he has said he does have dodgy internet where he is. And it is entirely possible that he could have neglected his e-mails. Still some form of in-game alert would be nice though, even across servers.

I would love an all in one spot to pay for multiple upkeeps.

I am currently using an excel spreadsheet with count downs to the expiration date that emails me every time it counts down another 29.5 days - then I have to travel all the way out to the deeds and honestly it takes so much time.

Anything that lets you pay for multiple deeds in one spot without having to log in to different characters would be great.

I can 100% agree with this, we may like our game to be middle ages, but since we are living in the computer age in RL using RL funds to pay for our Middle ages lifestyle it would be nice if the payment system was not lodged somewhere in the middle of those times. 🤣

So I get a notice in the event channel when I log in that my PREMIUM is going to run out in x days.  

Just make an event text  in windows at 30 days Deed will state your Upkeep is running out please attend to.

Have it pop up every time you log in so there is not issue.

( I understand that the deed does not follow cross server but in the database the ownership of that deed and countdown does not change or the time left.) 

Also if at any time you think your deed is going to go down you shall do the following.

(1) Have prem or non prem alt on deed at ALL times

(2) Have alt send stick whatever to main with x amount of silver owed on a fast mail box.

(3) accept on main and take alt and add to upkeep.

Even with dodgy internet this should take 30 minutes max.

I am not blaming the guy just saying wurm is about logistical and time management use it to your advantage.

Just a text warning heck make it in a nice BRIGHT GREEN

Edited by puncher
  • Like 1

Sometimes the problem is not insufficient funds, but physically not being able to travel all the way out of Xanadu or Chaos to pay upkeep for deeds on the various Freedom servers etc.

I understand that the server we are on cannot 'see' the deeds on other servers.  Our in game bank balance however (I believe) is stored centrally.  

Would it therefore be possible at each deed's token, to set up a 'standing order' of silvers to be taken regularly from our in game balance to pay for this deed - regardless of on which server we choose to play?

If we could (at the deed token) set up a 'standing order' against the funds of one (or more) of the villagers, so that the deed is associated with our in game bank account, then instead of the upkeep counting down in days, it instead deducts coppers from our balance, whilst a minimum bank balance is not met.  

Example:

1. Player is going to be working on Xanadu but has a deed on Deliverance that she doesn't want to drop
  2. Before leaving Deli, Player visits her deed's token.  She sets up a 'standing' order - associating this deed with her bank account.
  3. Player goes to Xanadu
  4. The Deli server deducts coppers from her bank balance at the same time(s) each day whilst maintaining the same constant number of days left on deed upkeep.
  5. If the deed is resized or more guards added, the standing order is cancelled and would need to be reinstated. (There could be a flexible option to opt to continue paying even if resized or guards added.)
  6. The player can choose to freeze all of her standing orders globally for all deeds, from any server, or individually from the specific deed's server.  Alternatively disbanding a deed will also cancel that specific standing order.
Edited by Muse
  • Like 1