TheTrickster

Treasure map interpreting, please

Found it at last! It seems I should have payed more attention to those elevation curves.  

On 7/5/2022 at 11:48 PM, Batraz said:

Hello! I am having trouble with map on Cadence. It should be around N25, south of a former settlement called Beginning's End. There are no roads on the map.

Indy Map

IlneswD.png

I've searched. Others have searched. We just don't see anything even close. Anyone see anything we are missing?

Edit: Below is the roads I am looking for.

4gy4Txw.png

Quality of the map is 95 so expect only about 1/3 to 1/4 of the topo lines that we see on the map dump to be visible based on my experience.

There is no water, rock, steppe, or sand.  No decayed deeds either. So should in theory be fairly simple to find.  The inverted bunny ears up top and that mass on the lower right above the X should be pretty prominent. Same with the clustering of either holes or raised spots. I've used the community map, topo map, and classic map dump. Last few 80+ have taken all three to narrow down but this one I just can't find any matches with. 

Edited by Eleraan

Extremely wild guess, but have you checked that area? :

unknown.png

the map dumps are sadly no longer accurate, so if we kinda trust the topography it would be the closest matching area on the map... knowing things can have been changed and new roads built.

Update. That did turn out to be the right spot more or less. There is a ton of new roads and terraforming out there since the map dumps.  so was able to locate the roads to track this down. Again, we need more and better in game tools to actual do treasure hunting.  But atleast it is done.

Edit: It was late when I finished so wanted to add some extra thoughts/info.

This map was 95ql.  Took all 6 clues to find.  The first 5 "easy" ones took over five hours of just travel time.  Then the last one took about 8 hours of travel, searching, studying maps, plus all the effort of others over days.

Battling around 30 mobs, mostly hardened and greenish including a few deathclaws as the most notable monsters.

The final rewards of note were:

Marble necklace (is this a unique?)

90ql rare paper x1 

rare bone fragment

3 sleep powder

No diotrpa fragments

lots of source crystals and gems, some leather and more paper.  Some gold and silver lump. Oh and crappy quality booze but hey it comes in glass bottles!

Even if that had just been a 6th easy clue. It would have taken 6 hours for those rewards.

In turn I could have done 3 novice clues and gotten the same amount of sleep powder. Rolled 3 chances for a better rare item or uniques.  Even the bone fragment, pretty sure my second one came from a 21ql chest, was pretty shocked.  Getting a bone fragment about 1/10 chests in general.  

All in probably the same time or less due to the clue hint circle and range at which new clue locations spawn being so much smaller. 

Just a bit more info for people to think about.

Edited by Eleraan

Can someone help me locate this treasure? It must be somewhere around "Shangri-La" on Xanadu, j14

jWd8peI.jpg

Edited by Melissablueflame

BZZ8i6i.jpgCan anyone tell me where this is please?

xdw8HeE.jpg

Now this one is hard to find, even if the difficulty is novice. Please help me locate this treasure on Xanadu:

MfUESjs.jpg

Correcting a typo

2 hours ago, Melissablueflame said:

Now this one is hard to find, even if the difficulty is novice. Please help me locate this treasure on Xanadu:

MfUESjs.jpg

Maybe here or nearby, west or north a bit https://xanadu.yaga.host/#2933,4242

Going by the sand and the rock, and topography lines. There's no village (terraforming leftovers) a little south of the sand though, visible on the map, but it might be that the map dump is too outdated... or approximate.

1 hour ago, Anarres said:

Maybe here or nearby, west or north a bit https://xanadu.yaga.host/#2933,4242

Going by the sand and the rock, and topography lines. There's no village (terraforming leftovers) a little south of the sand though, visible on the map, but it might be that the map dump is too outdated... or approximate.

Thanks, I will try that spot

Any help with this one, the main part of the circle is at K10 on Xan.

IFpL9yM.jpg

37 minutes ago, Vor said:

Any ideas?

N22/23, right about here (the diagonal section of road and the squarish contours west of it are the giveaways):

5yMmitF.png

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Caolon said:

N22/23, right about here (the diagonal section of road and the squarish contours west of it are the giveaways):

5yMmitF.png

I've been to this place but didn't find anything, it's possible that I did it inaccurately so I'll check it again, thx :)

Edit: Found it

Edited by Vor

22 hours ago, Adamant said:

Although it looks like some changes may have been made in the area since the map dump, it's got to be around here:

BHiYiP1.png

22 hours ago, Adamant said:

Spoiler

IFpL9yM.jpg

Edit:

NVM Caolon has the right place i think

Edited by Donutkebab