TheTrickster

Treasure map interpreting, please

I am fatigued.  I have resolved several of these, but this one has me beat for now.  I am mainly just looking for the rock formations, cause the black blotches don't make sense to me as tar.

Can anyone see where this is supposed to be?

fMtIC9G.png

Do you have any idea which part of the map it should be in? I can help look :)

I think those blotches are just meant to look like old ink smudges.

This for example:

unknown.png

Turned out to be approximately here:

unknown.png

@VorticellaThanks!

I couldn't have given you much of a hint as to where on the map except it was "very far" from the middle of the big steppe patch.  🤪

I was looking for that pair of 'nestled' formations with a pointer in the south, and must have scanned the map half a dozen times.  I know I was tired, but I am well experienced at no-compass navigation using just the map and the view, and I am finding these not challenging to match but unnecessarily difficult.  This isn't my idea of exploring at all.

The text clue embedded in that map you put up; does that mean we are going to have to do archaeology for some of these?

42 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

The text clue embedded in that map you put up; does that mean we are going to have to do archaeology for some of these?

It definitely wasn't required at least in this case cause I could still just find it using the map. I guess if it was just that clue without a map, but not sure if that happens. I have seen the guard tower ones that don't have maps, but so far I think they were only referring to deeds that still exist.

Edited by Vorticella

On 5/29/2022 at 1:44 PM, TheTrickster said:

Can anyone see where this is supposed to be?

Just using this map (https://assets.wurmonline.com/test-servers/oracle/terrain-starter.png), I'd say it's the spot near the WNW coast, east of the big desert rectangle, north of the horizontal highway.

ETA: Okay weird situation, all the previous "found!" answers didn't show when I posted. So please excuse the unnecessary post, no disrespect was meant.

Edited by Albrun

On 5/30/2022 at 1:08 AM, Albrun said:

ETA: Okay weird situation, all the previous "found!" answers didn't show when I posted. So please excuse the unnecessary post, no disrespect was meant.

I wouldn't have taken it as disrespect in any case.

Thanks.

I would rather get a dozen right answers than no answer!  

Any ideas?

I thought it might be I22, and I have even resorted to Archaeology, which I hate, but I am not turning up treasure OR any sign of "edchester"

UrFCS4A.png

That's what I thought, too, but I have been all over that area both investigating and digging for treasure.  Nothing.

taC6LsC.png

Any ideas what the little building icons mean? Also, there is a brighter gold color spots that I wasn't sure if that was "holes" in the parchment or sand? 

Are the narrow dark lines roads or are the greyish blobby wider lines roads? Is that in the bottom left supposed to be the mountain rock or water as one said in CA help? The hint doesn't go into water. 

How many "grids" does this image actually cover? It doesn't look to be as big as the actual hint circle.

I'm pretty familiar with this area as it is my hunting grounds. How close to the x do you actually have to get for it to work? 1 tile, 2 tiles, etc?

The clue ones using guard towers weren't too bad. But this one just doesn't give much information.  

• Like 1

@Eleraan

The big building icon is the "ruined settlement" named in the clue (I believe).  The others are other settlements, but I don't know if they are current or fallen.

The greyish blobby lines are the roads, the narrow dark lines are topographical lines.

The grey in the bottom left is rock.  Water shades darker to black as it gets deeper.

The big black blotches are random ink stains.

Those golden spots are likely "holes" but they are a bit further from the edge then I have seen.  The colour is close to sand, but I think they are holes.

From memory, the map size was kind of a good portion of 1 grid square size for me on test, but there were many maps I couldn't complete and I don't know if they vary, or if that translates 1:1 to live servers.

This one should actually be relatively easy to solve (for this kind of clue).  You have rock and roads, which are the best way to locate these.   Apart from the rock slope in the SW, most of this is fairly flat, based on the spacing of the topo lines.

Good luck.

EDIT:  This is where I reckon it is.

IHo69Vi.png

Edited by TheTrickster
think I found it

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to take a closer look. I was over there for about 4 hours yesterday thinking the same. But never could get it to trigger digging around for the treasure. 

• Like 1

You were right! I went around that area again and it worked this time. Not sure if I just didn't get close enough before or what. But now I know what are roads on there. I thought the thin lines were the roads lol

• Like 1

Knowing what the different lines are I found the second in about 2 minutes lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eleraan said:

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to take a closer look. I was over there for about 4 hours yesterday thinking the same. But never could get it to trigger digging around for the treasure. 

Yeah, I don't know what the "range" is for digging, but I had a very similar experience on test.  I could tell where the dig spot should be, and someone else independently arrived at the same conclusion, but no amount of digging resulted in anything except for the clock advancing by several hours I won't get back.

Hi, need some help with this clue map on Xanadu S17, any help is greatly appreciated🙂

wDLdayr.jpg

That was the exact spot thanks Odynn! very much appreciated.

Edited by steingrimur

This one seemed kinda easy. Thought it was the ruined deed in 54Y 30x on the community map. There is sand. Roads, And steepe together with the right angle of topo. But nothing. 

aVMKCGK.png

Hello! I am having trouble with map on Cadence. It should be around N25, south of a former settlement called Beginning's End. There are no roads on the map.

without a screenshot of the map and hint, that will be quite hard to help you out.

Ok, my turn for a map that seems impossibly difficult to decipher....  Any help is definitely appreciated I'm all out of ideas...

Northern Harmony

m62CsMA.png

uQRhb59.png

Edited by Neroden

I finally figured this one out after too many hours! 

Thanks Eleraan for your post above with the roads delineated in red, that actually clued me in to the fact that the grey splotches on my map were likely roads!  I've done the same with my map and solve in the hopes that it might help someone else!

e3pqIPt.png   HxhxdBw.png

Edited by Neroden