Sign in to follow this  
ofLegends

In-game UI elements move after every relog

So I tried to arrange all my UI elements in good alignment as you do, and a few of them were pixel perfectly (ish) aligned. Relogging breaks that in a very noticeable way.

Example of UI elements that move on relog:

• Select bar
  • Toolbelt
  • Target window
  • (Possibly others)

Example of UI elements that DON'T move:

• Chat window
  • Event window
  • Healthbar
  • Compass
  • Status effects
  • Timers
  • (Possibly others)

The easiest way to test this would be to drag on target window to the very top right, as far to the top in the corner as you can get it. Drag the select bar to the very bottom edge of the screen with nothing else above it. After relogging these will both move, and because they were at the edge of the screen, it will be very noticeable.

For clarification: After you rearrange the 3 (possibly more) UI elements I mentioned, and then you log out and back in, they will have moved. Relogging multiple times will still have them in this position where you don't want them. As soon as you move them again, they will move back after another relog.

Edited by ofLegends

After moving those objects, ensure you have clicked lock window on each element.

y9ULPCL.png

A9wv3x0.png

4VKWhxC.png

Edited by Seriphina

This is very noticeable if you use window mode resizable for your view screen of wurm on the settings.

Other things that happen with this.

Inventory will sometimes stay open and be open on relog, sometimes closed.

One character persistently has Skill window open every time he logs on. 

Locking elements works sometimes but when logging onto wurm the window is not in full screen ( resizable ) but when you click to maximize the wurm window, elements will stay locked where they was on the minimized screen and therefor out of place, but still locked, requiring you to unlock them and move them again.

4 hours ago, Seriphina said:

After moving those objects, ensure you have clicked lock window on each element.

[......images......]

Lock/unlock does not affect this in any way.

In fact locking is more annoying because there's 1 extra step before moving the element back where you wanted it.

3 hours ago, Stormblade said:

This is very noticeable if you use window mode resizable for your view screen of wurm on the settings.

Other things that happen with this.

Inventory will sometimes stay open and be open on relog, sometimes closed.

One character persistently has Skill window open every time he logs on. 

Locking elements works sometimes but when logging onto wurm the window is not in full screen ( resizable ) but when you click to maximize the wurm window, elements will stay locked where they was on the minimized screen and therefor out of place, but still locked, requiring you to unlock them and move them again.

I'm using windowed fullscreen, however I can confirm sometimes inventory is randomly open. I only have the one character, so I can't speak for skill window but it sounds irritating.

Edited by ofLegends

When you are logging out, do you close the client from task manager or do you close it with the menu > quit > yes?

I notice that if it crashes, or i close it from task manager, or close it before i close alts on that config, it will mess things up.

On 5/27/2022 at 7:38 PM, fencejumper said:

I notice that if it crashes, or i close it from task manager, or close it before i close alts on that config, it will mess things up.

I had issues with that as well - all the time and very annoying over time. I think I solved most of it now by

1. starting just one single client,
  2. doing the positioning there,
  3. restarting to see it works (still had tool belt and compass "jump" elsewhere), and finally
  4. copying the file with the window positions (windows_950x480.txt or alike) to all other chars that are supposed to use it.

This was real good compared to the ongoing mess I had before ... Maybe it can help some of you too ...