Sign in to follow this  
ofLegends

Pretend you're multi-billionaire Elon Musk

.... but you have a crippling Wurm Online addiction.

What's the first thing you do?

Rules:

1. All WO staff are incorruptible
  2. It's not possible to buy ownership, you're forever a regular player
Edited by ofLegends

buy gcg, sell codeclub and buy it again just because you're elon and can do it, twice...👍

throw golden coins into a wishing well with silly stuff like "add frogs"

1) buy wurm (i know this brakes rule nr 2, but its Elon Musk, he can do anything he wants)

2) hire 20 teams to develop Wurm 2.0

3) profit from the only modern sandbox MMORPG on the market

Edited by griper

Increase my deed to cover the full local, so I can really be a angry and bitter hermit 🤓

• Like 3

Well i presume i own Twitter

So i would have every single Twitter msg reference a Wurm Online quote

Edited by Josuhacalvert
  • Like 4

Elon Musk is an idiot propped up by a wealthy background and exploitation of his workforce.

I don't want to pretend to be him.

• Like 4

Wander Xanadu and drop chests full of highly desirable objects in obscure places, then announce their general existence.

10 hours ago, ofLegends said:

.... but you have a crippling Wurm Online addiction.

What's the first thing you do?

Stop asking for ideas Elon!

Set up a charitable organisation to protect the WO community.  This will aim to achieve the following:

• Highlight the WO community as a valuable part of online social life that needs preserving.
  • Proactively support the community - offering an ear and a voice for community concerns.
  • Set up a hardship fund to help those helplessly addicted, but unable to cover life's essentials.
  • Offer emergency funding in case of anything preventing or adversely affecting play such as a natural disaster.
  • Offer personal funding to those players in acute hardship, for example a small replacement laptop if theirs breaks.
  • Hold a pool of silver in game to help people's friends keep their WO deeds running, when people can't get online during these times.
  • Run charity events to raise funds in the real world.
  • Hold auctions of donations in game to raise in game coins.
  • Support impalongs and other community events.
  • Offer a counselling service.
  • Be an advocate for the WO player new or old.
  • Offer support to Devs if needed, with the aim to provide a guarantee to keep servers running.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Muse said:

Set up a charitable organisation to protect the WO community.  This will aim to achieve the following:

• Highlight the WO community as a valuable part of online social life that needs preserving.
  • Proactively support the community - offering an ear and a voice for community concerns.
  • Set up a hardship fund to help those helplessly addicted, but unable to cover life's essentials.
  • Offer emergency funding in case of anything preventing or adversely affecting play such as a natural disaster.
  • Offer personal funding to those players in acute hardship, for example a small replacement laptop if theirs breaks.
  • Hold a pool of silver in game to help people's friends keep their WO deeds running, when people can't get online during these times.
  • Run charity events to raise funds in the real world.
  • Hold auctions of donations in game to raise in game coins.
  • Support impalongs and other community events.
  • Offer a counselling service.
  • Be an advocate for the WO player new or old.
  • Offer support to Devs if needed, with the aim to provide a guarantee to keep servers running.

Can someone just donate Muse like 25 billion quickly so she can start this?

• Like 3

Just bricks all day, pay other wurmians silver to take my bricks so that all their deeds will be built with my bricks.

14 hours ago, ofLegends said:

Pretend you're multi-billionaire Elon Musk but you have a crippling Wurm Online addiction. What's the first thing you do?

Okay, i am trying to pretend a multi-billionaire whoever the name is, the first thing i would do is to maintain my crippling Wurm Online addiction. 
Because i feel like if i do anything not to maintain my crippling Wurm Online addiction, i can't say that i have a crippling Wurm Online addiction.
Willing to lose an addiction isn't a crippling addiction. Instead i need to maintain the addiction as much as i can and this would be my first priority. 
Why did i answer this so seriously 🙄 It supposes to be a fun wild question 🤭

If  I was a particular mega rich personage - hire a coterie of mental health experts and work on a laundry list of personality problems.  Then think about Wurm.

If I was myself but mega-rich.  

• Buy whatever IP is necessary to own WU
  • From WU, spin-off something not called "Wurm 2" but would still be a successor.
  • Have built, from the ground up, with modern technology, a cutting edge "ultimate" mediaeval sandpit that is still true to Wurm's "your choice" and finely grained crafting philosophies
  • Establish and maintain a community feedback system that works with suggestions, bug reports, complaints in a smooth and rapid manner

1 hour ago, TheTrickster said:

If  I was a particular mega rich personage - hire a coterie of mental health experts and work on a laundry list of personality problems.  Then think about Wurm.

If I was myself but mega-rich.  

• Buy whatever IP is necessary to own WU
  • From WU, spin-off something not called "Wurm 2" but would still be a successor.
  • Have built, from the ground up, with modern technology, a cutting edge "ultimate" mediaeval sandpit that is still true to Wurm's "your choice" and finely grained crafting philosophies
  • Establish and maintain a community feedback system that works with suggestions, bug reports, complaints in a smooth and rapid manner

atta bUoy, if you were elon you know what's up.. pull another credit, risk anything else you own and acquire even more, ez

derail.. but what if meta-verse buys cc from gcg and develop wurm 2 vr 😱

elon is into fire-throwers and other material irl stuff.. mark on the other hand.. likes them virtual pixels

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 2:31 PM, belacane said:

Elon Musk is an idiot propped up by a wealthy background and exploitation of his workforce.

I don't want to pretend to be him.

Yeah obviously.

But the point is the guy has literally unlimited money.

Assuming most of us here aren't horrible sociopaths and we are, in fact, somewhat hooked on wurm online, if WE had that kind of money, what would we do?

Like tbh I'd prob make 4 different characters and then make a giant deed covering the entire north, south, east, and west of the starter town on any server. And then leave it there for like 3-4 days just to mess with people, and then disband.
Then I'd hire people to build a huge building to display 1 of every color wood of every vehicle (supreme of course, which I also bought). Idk.

Edit: And then I'd pay Notch any amount of money to get him to log in to the game and go on a "celebrity tour," immediately followed by a 💩 post on twitter about how wurm is better off without him anyway (this happens all the time on minecraft).

Edited by ofLegends

8 hours ago, ofLegends said:

Sometimes I weep for the English language.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

Sometimes I weep for the English language.

https://mkorostoff.github.io/1-pixel-wealth/

I weep for your finger on that scrollwheel when you're done with this. Hold shift when scrolling btw.

Fun fact: Bezos had "only" 185 billion at the time of this representation. Musk today has 218. But we can split hairs over my use of the word "literally" if you want, when you get done with that page that is.

Edited by ofLegends
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ofLegends said:

Musk today has 218. But we can split hairs over my use of the word "literally" if you want, when you get done with that page that is.

You meant "practically" or even "virtually", as in "in practice" there is no limit, or his funds have the virtue of a limit that won't be reached.  Literally means actually as per the meaning of the word, rather than "in effect".  Musk's wealth (not cash-at-bank but actual wealth) is not even practically unlimited.  The US national debt is, what 30 trillion?  An actual finite amount that is 2 orders or magnitude greater than Musk's wealth.  So, no "unlimited" is simply not applicatble.

I did get done with that page.  You know why? Because even 3.2 trillion is NOT unlimited.  (BTW, I stopped wheeling it and used the bar  😁).

"Unimaginably Huge" and "Infinite" are not the same thing at all.  You may call it hair-splitting but I believe that accuracy and precision counts.  As our language loses those we also lose the ability to communicate properly.  Say we accept that "literally" now also mean "virtually" or "practically".  At that point the adverb has lost all value because it no longer modifies the verb is was meant to modify.

I admit to a certain amount of curmudgeonliness in this.  Partly, that is where I am right now and partly it is because I really do believe that precision in language is important.  I did not intend it as a personal dig, but just a comment on the state of English communication.

Edited by TheTrickster

If something is functionally unlimited versus literally unlimited, the difference is so small that it's meaningless.

Especially as it relates to wurm online, which is in fact the point of the post. If Elon Musk were a hopelessly addicted WO player, he would have literally unlimited money in the game. I mean seriously, imagine adding hundreds of thousands to your steam wallet to buy silver. You'd prob crash the authentication servers.

On 5/27/2022 at 7:13 AM, ofLegends said:

OP was using one of the rhetorical device called hyperbole. An exaggeration to emphasize the amount of money. Here are some videos of using the word "literally" and the last video quite fit the vibe of wurm🤭.

How to Pronounce and Use "Literally" - British English

How to use Technically, Literally, Basically, etc. | 5 Adverbs in Under 10 Minutes

How (not) to Use LITERALLY

Horrible Histories - Literally: The Viking Song

2 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

I admit to a certain amount of curmudgeonliness in this.  Partly, that is where I am right now and partly it is because I really do believe that precision in language is important.

I also think precision is important in communicating, but doesn't mean the word can only have one meaning. The precision of using an exaggeration or a rhetorical device in the sentence can be discussed by people.

Edited by Coach

11 hours ago, ofLegends said:

If something is functionally unlimited versus literally unlimited, the difference is so small that it's meaningless.

Hell this applies to Real Life too! its why people get SO annoyed with people who have more money then they can spend - that money just gets handed down to decedents, and never really gets used to help society at large.

On 5/23/2022 at 6:55 PM, ofLegends said:

Pretend you're multi-billionaire Elon Musk.... but you have a crippling Wurm Online addiction.

this is a bit hard for me cause im dirt poor, but i do have a crippling Wurm addiction: Id spend every damn dime on premium and silver, then spread the wealth in game. Now granted this also assumes that my RL survival was also completely taken care of as well - Being physically limited means i would pay people a decent wage to do those things i really shouldn't do. *edit* Can't Wurm out for the rest of my life if my physical survival is in jeopardy

Edited by Tomatoes
  • Like 1