Sign in to follow this  
Nimthyr

[Relaunched] Nimthyr - PVE - 4x-1.5x Skill Gain Curve - 5x Action Timers

Nimthyr was created as a new server cluster in 2020.

We have relaunched the server: Wiped deeds, skills, etc. for a new start as of May 22nd, 2022. 
Nimthyr is a PVE two map cluster with custom maps created in a modeling engine to provide for a smoother landscape compared to most Wurm Unlimited generated maps.

Our players vary from those who are experienced and new to the game, while our staff have been around Wurm Unlimited for thousands of hours of playtime.
This cluster is hosted on a dedicated server with backups every four hours ensuring your data will never be lost.
We believe we can provide the best long term experience for you to enjoy Wurm Unlimited and we at Nimthyr welcome you to join. 

Our Website

Fb0ryHh.png

Helpful Links:

Discord: https://discord.gg/MdSNseJcp2

Ruleshttps://nimthyr.com/rules/

General Information

2 Custom Maps - Nimthyr and Atres. Nimthyr is our main deeding map, Atres is our hunting map. Both have livemaps which can be found on our website.

Unlimited deed size with upkeep

Skill gain curves from 5x - 1x based on skill gain

Faith cap of 200

All Characteristics start at 23

All Skills start at 10

No priest restrictions, maximum cast power vanilla, spells are specific to deities, affinity benefits

Unlimited prayers and meditation gains (No cooldown for faith, skill, or path)

Bounties for killing creatures

Bounties and Karma for burying creatures

~30 Actions per mining

~60 Minutes per crop growth tick

Raid-style Titans and Facebreyker unique spawns

Rare spawns: reapers and spectral drakes (small 2-5 player groups recommended)

Ride, tame, and breed wyverns and ghost chargers

New mobs: fire crabs, forest spiders, giants, horned ponies, large boars, spirit trolls, avengers, and worgs

Meditation 1x1 tiles: grass (love), surface rock (power), cave (insanity), or sand (knowledge)

Digging, woodcutting, and mining materials will load automatically when riding wagons/carts

Beneficial titles applied automatically even when not currently in use

Nearly all actions capable while mounted

Craftable depth drills, warhammers, and brass knuckles

Treasure maps: found when mining, digging, or foraging; sealed maps for killing rare spawns.

Mods Installed

AddKingdomItems - Allows crafting of WO PMK items.

AutoAlerts - Daily server restart reminders in event tab to notify you when the server will restart.

BetterDig - Almost everything is possible to do while mounted, resource digging increased to 20kg.

BetterFarm - Gain AoE farming with dependent on your skill.

Bounties - Bounties for killing creatures to help stimulate the economy.

BulkMods - Bulk containers have double the capacity and auto-sort quality.

BurnBounty - Burning corpses provides a small amount of coin and karma.

CraftablePauldrons - Allows crafting of shoulderpads otherwise not in the WU game.

CreatureAgeMod - Speeds up the growth of foals and horses to adolescent age..

DiscordRelay - Everything in our server is sent to our discord and vice-versa through game channels.

DUSKombat - A complete overhaul of the combat system in Wurm to allow for more playstyles in fighting.

EventMod - When we host events, you can teleport directly to the action by using any settlement token on the map.

FireBurnTime - Find out how long your forges will stay lit in hours and minutes.

FishyTweaks - Utilize lore options at 20 and 50 fishing skill to help with get vital data on fishing.

HarvestHelper - Utilizing the /seasons command you can find out what is currently in season and what will be in season soon for harvesting.

Hitching Posts - Craftable hitching posts to keep your animals stationary until you're ready to continue.

InbreedWarning - Gives an event window message when you are breeding animals that would be inbred and result in negative traits.

Locations - Provide others your coordinates and find others with an exact location on the map.

MeditateMod - Allows players to meditate without any cooldown for skill gain.

ModifyGestationPeriod - A spell that allows you to decrease the time for animal pregnancy.

MoveMod - Player, horse, unicorn, and hell horse speed have all been buffed.

MovetoCenter - Allows for precise placing of objects to the center of the tile.

NimthyrMods - A collection of mods unique to the Nimthyr server.

NoBuildLimit - Building can be done regardless of the relevant carpentry skill.

NoHolyGround - Overrides the error of building and settling on Holy Ground as well as ignoring hostile mob wait time.

OneTileMining - You only need to uncover one tile to surface mine that tile.

PickMoreSprouts - Gain additional sprouts per picking action.

SacrificeMod - There is a chance to receive a strange bone equal to the rarity of items you sacrifice.

SalveMod - Quick-check the potency of healing covers created and have them automatically named on creation.

ServerPacks - If a player has serverpacks installed, they will see a beautifully rendered map of the world when pressing M rather than the Missing Image picture.

ServerTimeCommand - Utilize /servertime to find out the time of where the server is hosted.

SimpleConcrete - Concrete can be created with rock shards and clay rather than the default crafting materials.

Spellcraft - Priest restrictions removed, custom spells, no cooldown on faith gains.

TabardMod - Allows for tabards beyond freedom isles. (Requires client serverpacks to see tabards)

TimedPay - Receive coins for being logged into the server.

TreasureHunting - Earn treasure maps through standard gathering skills that unlock chests with rewards.

Taxidermy - Decorative corpses that can be animated with karma for your deed.

WaxedItems - Turn food into decorations with wax.

WyvernMods - Compilation of mods enhancing Wurm Unlimited gameplay.

Wyvern Items - Powerful new items that can be used to help your adventure.

VoteReward - Earn 25c daily for voting for our server.
And more

Edited by Nimthyr
  • Like 2

Very nice website and write-up! However, is this an already established server, or new as the description seems to say? The map looks a bit developed :D

• Like 2

Yeah, post says "Nimthyr was created as a new server cluster for those looking to begin the game with a fresh start."   --  but there seems to be a lot of abandoned disbanded deeds on that map? So I thought that part was written a few years ago. But server name in launcher says "

NEW: As of May 22nd 2022"

So I am also confused. Atres map looks new but it is unclear if advanced players from the older map can just sail / portal over?  Edit: "Atres is a hunting server and you cannot deed there".

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

its not fresh...old deeds from people can be claimed including the work done and all the material thats still left so technically ...you allready beat half the game and have steel/glimmer/seryl from the start...i wished it were a real *fresh* start because i love to play when it launched back then even with the mistakes that happends i stayed until they shut it down. i hope you might consider to fix this huge issue you still have a chance since it just launched else i only will see the same cycle as befor after some time

Edited by tyrfang
  • Like 1

It is a relaunched server that was really only highly active for a few months. We previously tried it out and closed it in under a year. The map has a bit of wear and tear and we did delete everything off of the old deeds. Maybe new wasn't the best descriptor for the launcher, but it was meant in the sense that everyone is starting back at the original skill levels 23.0 Characteristics and 10.0 Skills, even if they have played on the server before. Definitely were not trying to mislead anyone with the 'New' part, just wanted to make sure that old players were able to know that their old toons would not have what they used to. We will change it to Relaunched. There's been a lot of changes in the mod configurations and additional mods added since the previous version.

Also you can start on each server and sail between. I've edited the original post as I just copied and pasted the old post from when we launched back in 2020. Didn't seem appropriate to bump that thread.

Edited by Nimthyr

45 minutes ago, tyrfang said:

its not fresh...old deeds from people can be claimed including the work done and all the material thats still left so technically ...you allready beat half the game and have steel/glimmer/seryl from the start...i wished it were a real *fresh* start because i love to play when it launched back then even with the mistakes that happends i stayed until they shut it down. i hope you might consider to fix this huge issue you still have a chance since it just launched else i only will see the same cycle as befor after some time

Unfortunately we did not have the original undeveloped map files so we worked of a backup that existed.

i see your efford , regardless if you deleted some stuff from deeds like storages its still a builded up deeds and acts like a half cleared game...its about starting...getting skills up..building your home...do more or expand you literally cut half of that with using a relaunched builded map and it won`t last long but sure for 2-3 months.I am not sure why your not using just another map or deleting all stuff in sql , you don`t need a fancy spawn you just need a working start, i was really looking forward to the *new* launch also with the new sleep powder changes you made but sadly this map just killed it

ps: i know you defending it but offering an item shop thats not exclusive cosmetic items or title ( silver for money /magic chest ect) ...your not better than wo devs...and the got bad reputation ...a really bad one

Our web shop existed on the original launch of Nimthyr in 2020 when you played. It is optional and some players prefer to have one. Alternatively, we have even more ways to earn coin in game than before. I am sorry that you will not be joining us, but I think we have said all we can on this..

why do you think it only lasted some month in the first place? ( i know its not only because of that) some prefere...yes those who actually spend money to remove the efford of farming money...doesn`t matter if you have more ways to earn coins if you can just skip it ..not understanding why your not opting in for cosmetics only  but yea in the end its your server and its up to you how you want to run it...but in my opinion its a wrong path and people shouldt know that pay to save time is no difference from pay to win...and like the old speech ...time is money. i am also sorry i won`t be playing on this maybe if you reworked the map but that won`t be happening unless several people complains about it an its worth the efford..thats why i point it out to start with. Your a good dev don`t follow the dark path

Thank you for the clarification! It all makes more sense now :D I was also hoping for an actual fresh server/map/start but understand the choices your team made. I hope the server does well and prospers!

• Like 2

This server is highly active and has lots of opportunity :) five to twenty people online daily

• Like 2

Nimthyr First Slaying Event June 19th, 2022

With over 20 fighters, we successfully took down a Goblin Leader and a Troll King this weekend. Everyone who participated received a commemorative statuette for Nimthyr's FIrst Event.

We had a blast. Hope to see you all for our Kyklops slaying next week!

rj7wZWv.png

WEBgblc.png

2phE6HR.png

• Like 1

August Event Schedule

Aug 6th - Unique Slaying (3pm EST)

Aug 13th - Wurm Mart - (6:30/7pm EST)

Aug 20th - Treasure Map Event - (3pm EST)

Aug 27th - Cart Race - (9pm EST)

Our outlined plan for this month! Join an active server with a great community and weekly events! 
Check out our website for server details! https://nimthyr.com