Sign in to follow this  
Idlamn

Delivery contract for deferred delivery

There is an issue I keep hearing nowdays that of long travel times. And with a badly made vessel and wrong timing that can be the case.

I often find myself in the situation where either I am a buyer and the seller would take too long to deliver and I have to be off. I am the one having to make the trip but it takes too long to make it as the wind is bad. Usually it's not such a big deal. You discuss with the other person to leave it for another time. But at times there is such a good deal that you feel that you might miss out so you might have to leave efficiency aside and slowly ride that light breeze and, most importantly, prolong your game session or simply pass the wonderful deal.

This might cause people frustration. In all honesty it shouldn't - the game is putting you in front of a time cost vs benefit decision.

But there could be a tool in place to mitigate this - have a sort of delivery contract that can be signed by mail with the two parties, location of delivery, due date (if any), penalty in coin (if any).

The initiator would be the person receiving - they would initiate the contract at their token/trader/whatever and specify what they offer as specific objects and what they expect (e.g. 8k dirt of at least 50ql) then mail this to the person doing the delivery. Once signed that person will have to in due time deliver those goods and receive the payment on delivery or pay the optional penalty on cancelation or overdue.

This way people are not pressed into travelling in unfavorable conditions give them more freedom in organizing such activities.

Also the ability to initiate contracts can be more restricted or less:

1. to anyone at any accessible token

2. to deed owners at their token

3. deed owners with a trader (give them some use)

It can be further more enhanced with a writing skill or something.

I'd personally make it more restricted so it's like a perk to work towards.

We already have this. The Deliverer drops the item off in a locked container and mails the key cod. 

• Like 3

I have 3 Trading Posts set up right on the water, off-deed, but just across the street from my warehouses. I put the mats in the trading post, set the perms on the building and gates for that person, and they come at their convenience, pick up the mats, drop the coins in the bowl on a table in the building, and be on their way. So far it's worked out pretty well. Neither of us have to be on a timeline and wait around or rush to be there.

Spoiler

PSw4uoc.jpg