Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

Stone Circles for Fast Travel

This is a well thought out idea, but we already have summon.

Part of the quirkiness of Wurm is that travel requires thought and time. There are many mechanisms in play that make travel work well, such as tents, sleeping rolls, etc.
There is no need for Wurm to become just like another typical PC game UI and game play.

• Like 1

My two irons,... i like the idea of portals like stone circles and having to explore to get to one to add to your list is a really great idea, i believe that limiting what can go through would be the best thinking allowing one other creature plus the traveler would be fine so that someone could ride out to find a portal on their horse and then use the newly found portal to return home with their mount. however i do not believe that they should be allowed to be built on a deed including starter deeds. i think that they should only be able to be built in a perimeter or out in the wilderness and that they should be able to decay like most other structure(we all know how long stone takes to decay) also i think that they could be able to be repaired or even upgraded to make them last longer ( i am thinking that even exploring to find circles out on the server you should be able to come across non functional circles that have started to fall apart) The idea to charge the circles before they become functional is also a good one and i think it should have a cost relavant to maybe the cost of a single ritual in faith (ie 300) and that any priest would be able to activate so that we wouldnt have to spend days looking for enough priests to get it done because there are not enough priests to contribute to the powering.

Sure this could mean there could be tens or even hundreds of potential portals but not all would be functional and there is risk involved in using them because they are not safely located on a deed (risks could be mitigated the normal ways by putting them in walled or hedged enclosures although critters might still be spawned inside) I dont personally believe this would negate people traveling by cart or wagons or ship nor would it create clutter zones next to portals i do think that it would help create a series of player maintained structures to areas of interest that cant easily be abused by those that intend such things

Traipse, Lodge Owner Fir Retreat Independence

Kordethbludscythe and family, Shackport Alliance Melody

• Like 1

20 hours ago, belacane said:

Part of the quirkiness of Wurm is that travel requires thought and time. There are many mechanisms in play that make travel work well, such as tents, sleeping rolls, etc.
There is no need for Wurm to become just like another typical PC game UI and game play.

Summon = find a priest who will pull you to your destination.  How to get back?  Hope there is a priest back there too, I guess.

Portal etc=no need to find a priest

Having these would not make Wurm just another typical PC game.

I am an incurable Wurm explorer and traveller, but I see great benefit to this, or something similar.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 3

I've been doing a fair amount of exploring lately just for fun, but including fighting and some archaeology and pathfinding and just generally checking out the area, my range in a 3 to 5 hour play session is about two to three grid squares on Xanadu. I can use a boat to start elsewhere, but that costs time too and eats into the exploring time.

Currently, if I want to explore but don't want to make it a multi day trip, less than 10% of the server is within my reach.

What I want out of a system like this thread discusses, is a way to pop over somewhere else on the server within 10 mins of starting my journey, then explore there for a few hours, then pop back home. With a mount both ways, otherwise there's not going to be much exploring unless I can find one on the other side, and that by itself can take a long time if the spawns suck.

• Like 4

I think the travel challenge is a part of the game. The game already offers summoning and I have used those services before to get around (not only rifts). Then there is the karma spell...

So what exactly are stone circles supposed to bring? An npc summoning service.

In that case, since some of us are averse to mining, digging, blacksmithing etc. why don't we get NPCs for that? Not all of us want to spend a lot of time digging - I remember it was suggested that flatrises decay over time to more natural looking terrain and there were people against it as the way to do it in Wurm is to dig it down. While I don't agree with that it just shows that the game has aspects some people like and others don't. Others would be just as happy if the game contained only Summerholt, each player with  forge in front of them (you know like that meme "The council of men" it would be "The council of wurmians") in a neverending impalong.

And I don't really see the dire need for it either. The game has features to mitigate the inconvenience of travel:

• Speed equipment for animals.
  • Breeding animals for speed.
  • Bettering vehicle speed through:
    • QL
    • Rarity
    • Runes
  • Travelling light weight for more speed
  • Sleeping rolls and tents for making camp during longer travels
  • Summoning and karma spell
  • Crafting activities on ship (please correct me if I'm wrong)
  • Wind affecting sailing speed
  • Use of wagoners for some deliveries

Honestly with all those facilities the only thing people can ask for is removing it entirely.

I said it before but if we remove things like travel from this game what we are left with is a game where players are looking at a forge all day clicking on a spreadsheet of items. There are games with more intricate crafting systems, why would anyone play this, then? Yeah I know you can still explore and not use the portals... but why would you do that? I like exploring  but I still take short cuts when I can. It's gonna be a legacy feature.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Wulfrock said:

Hi there,

We did something like this on Mystic Highlands, had portals to 9 different area's of the map.

People did like it. They were free to use, but all that got transported was the player and their inventory.

Alas the downside of portals was people were making carts and leaving them at every portal site, horses standing around everywhere, wagons, small fenced in areas, it left the area's looking really messy.

Valiance

expected.. wurm stamina and movement, fighting.. weight system.. all harm your life, movement, possible re/actions while exploring - like what you can do at your place or the other side, hunt, gather, "explore"(I really don't get that one, I'm lazy for it);

in your case you had free linked network to whole map for everyone to use, comes with some some responsibility what players do after they have the freedom with it, controls should be part or the planning to limit that scenario, I thought of similar thing but with account/name reputation and familiar faces in mind, you'd not toss a cart in friend's yard, and so on, the usual stuff you learn to be part of the game and work well;

use what seems to work and polish the stuff that irritate people as mechanics already

• Like 1

9 hours ago, belacane said:

summon only works if there's a priest where you want/need to be.. and it's 100 faith, have 100 favor.. willing to summon you.. 

seems like there are several complications.. add being online or being non-prem when you need it.. list just keeps growing, summon seems unreliable at times, no?

the game fails hard to find new players for years.. it's really or should be really interesting why and if something could be slightly changed to get more people in it:

two things to note about that.. teleporting is certainly not what hold the game to be niche;

there's a lot to be changed and a lot more servers to be opened for new players to join the game.. 

just 80 online actual unique people on a small server will start to be toxic with each other and compete over resources and terraforming dreams, projects and flat coin grab for trees/dirt-sand for bulk flattening and mortar/rock and metal shards for bricks;

the game is simply not planned to keep many people at 1 place with this in mind, if all are pretty active.. there's a lot to annoy a lot of other people

that's where temporary exploration/hunting shards.. and possibly gathering resources there is a good way to expand, but that will change the game into home carebear server and instance servers to explore and pillage

17 hours ago, Finnn said:

the game fails hard to find new players for years.. it's really or should be really interesting why and if something could be slightly changed to get more people in it:

two things to note about that.. teleporting is certainly not what hold the game to be niche;

there's a lot to be changed and a lot more servers to be opened for new players to join the game.. 

Teleporting is removing features that make the game unique. It's not quality of life change. It's basically making travel redundant. That list I mentioned earlier is basically made from much less important to completely redundant.

That's why summoning is not a 100% convenience. Think about just those: breeding, ship building and sailing mechanics. They already have a small dev team - why would you cut down from what makes the game challenging and interesting?

You see this in all MMOs, they start adding all those facilities to make the game easy, suddently you hear the population asking for an old school game.

If Wurm goes this way - many will loose interest and some new players might join play a bit and get bored of the tedious crafting, terraforming and mining. Or because fighting isn't mount and blade or something else.

Edited by Idlamn
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Idlamn said:

Teleporting is removing features that make the game unique. It's not quality of life change. It's basically making travel redundant. That list I mentioned earlier is basically made from much less important to completely redundant.

If you force travel just because you want to distinguish your game as "unique" then you will end up with a unique dead game. Travel should always be option. Do you know what the great feature of good games is? Some gameplay aspects are totally optional. Some people just want to farm. Some want to raise animals. Some just want to make and improve boats. Some totally hate travel especially when we have such huge servers with the same dead and non interactive scenery. Does something amazing happen each time I travel? Do I get waylaid by bandits? Does a rare NPC spawn to give me an odd quest ? Do I find a rare east egg hidden away that only 1000 people have found? 

No. To all of them. If as you say, teleporting would make travel redundant, then travel already is redundant.

Do you know what happens to a player when he overcomes a challenging but repetitive task? That task stops being challenging and only becomes tedious. Traveling from point A to point B when you have made that trip 100 times, is NOT a challenge. It's not respecting players time. And wurm has 1000x features that DO NOT respect players time yet people want to keep them while also complaining "Why are there no new players?". 

On 5/21/2022 at 7:15 AM, belacane said:

Allow me to rephrase that.

"There is no need for Wurm to rise to an intelligent industry standard that allows players and often times time constricted people to save time through forms of fast travel that in no way shape or form detract from the option of manually exploring the game when you want." 

People who constantly give these suggestions a -1 ...  try to work 60 hour weeks for a year and then tell me wasting time traveling the same roads or at 10 km/ph in no wind is a smart MMO design decision. 

30 years of constant MMO improvements and evolution and wurmians are resistant to the best of them just so wurm can be "unique". Wurm already is and will always be unique. There is no slower game in the history of MMOS. Heaven forbid we accept any suggestions that make Wurm fun or * gasps * ... fast. 

• Like 4

On 5/22/2022 at 2:19 AM, Idlamn said:

On 5/22/2022 at 2:19 AM, Idlamn said:

That's why summoning is not a 100% convenience. Think about just those: breeding, ship building and sailing mechanics. They already have a small dev team - why would you cut down from what makes the game challenging and interesting?

You see this in all MMOs, they start adding all those facilities to make the game easy, suddently you hear the population asking for an old school game.

If Wurm goes this way - many will loose interest and some new players might join play a bit and get bored of the tedious crafting, terraforming and mining. Or because fighting isn't mount and blade or something else.

precisely

Edited by belacane

Travelling is as far opposite to a challenge as anything could ever be, to the point of being afkable... anything that makes me want to play something else while tabbing out of wurm seems to me to be bad for the game. To say that breeding would suffer ignores the call for mounts to port with you and boats of course would also still be needed for off server trips. As for people losing interest, it can easily be thrown around for or against any idea.

• Like 3

I think there is something that needs pointing out here - like guard towers you'd expect the stones to slowly lose their power over time before falling into an unusable ruined state. 

I'd definitely be against "token" spells being used (courier already has enough uses, and I get the feeling someone who is recovering from a lobotomy is sat there thinking "bless would be great") - summon soul with a high cast difficulty would be a better option, or multiple spells cast on each component.  You're essentially creating a teleportation network, that's got to carry a similar investment to a long road except from a magical point of view.  Crafters build roads, priests wave their hands and move folks around.

Edited by Etherdrifter

Yes to this idea, but have the function act as a sink. The circle can work with karma, but also fueled by mass goods. 

Make sure its balancedl. Assign a value to items and quantity of junk like woodscraps or hundreds of ore.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

I think there is something that needs pointing out here - like guard towers you'd expect the stones to slowly lose their power over time before falling into an unusable ruined state. 

I'd definitely be against "token" spells being used (courier already has enough uses, and I get the feeling someone who is recovering from a lobotomy is sat there thinking "bless would be great") - summon soul with a high cast difficulty would be a better option, or multiple spells cast on each component.  You're essentially creating a teleportation network, that's got to carry a similar investment to a long road except from a magical point of view.  Crafters build roads, priests wave their hands and move folks around.

This really needs to be it, i love the idea of teleport circles but i absolutely want them to be tied into the decay and ruin actions so that we dont end up with hundreds or thousands of portals dotting the landscapes that never disappear when not being used regularly or upkept by players

Not a plus one or a negative one on this one, don't like the idea but don't have much of an argument against it.

I prefer people having to travel around on horses, so I generally dislike this idea -  a lot of my delivery actually happens in the late night / early AM for me due to timezone differences and even then I still prefer the concept of having to ride some satchels of nails or something over to someone else. I like how it forces some form of exploration and causes a time investment.

My other major concern is that I don't like the guard tower like mechanisms suggested, or the dirt requirement.

If someone builds one before you within your local chat, that disables you from having one on your deed - or you disable another close deed mate - which then means you will have to build more in the area further away to try and get good use out of it for yourself, or your neighbour will have to etc - and not everyone is friendly with their neighbours. As Finn had said prior, what if you live on a server with  a low dirt level, or you live on the coast? It may require having to build an unsightly lump on your deed or near your deed.

I also am not a fan of karma cost, lot of effort to get karma when your playstyle (in this great sandbox of ours) doesn't produce much. 

Karma seems easy enough to gain without trying and is accessible to anyone, f2p or premium, so it makes a reasonably good currency for something like this.  Costs should be scaled to fit with the existing 1000 Karama teleport to deed for player only, so that option remains useful, perhaps eliminating the fast-travel costs for a new player with the newbie buffs.

Fast-travel for anything more than player + mount would start to impact the wagoner trade network, so it should be limited to player + mount.

Repeated what I said in the other fast-travel thread, the usefulness of a fast-travel system should reduce the time spent traveling to open up more of the map in a shorter playtime without allowing you to instantly jump from where you want to start to where you want to end.

What if there were a combination of "official", server-maintained (ie, no-decay, protected tiles) stone circles together with player-made stone circles that required regular player maintenance.

Server-maintained stone circles:
- limited to one per region, somewhat centrally located
- perhaps a little more extravagent of a structure, even a circle henge, to denote its importance
- unlimited two-way travel
- off-deed, can't deed over structure (perimeter is fine)

Player-made stone circles:
- limited to one per grid square, plus a minimum distance to prevent grouping at corners/edges
- off-deed, can't deed over structure once begun (perimeter is fine)
- can travel from any player-made circle to any server-maintained circle
- can designate one as "home", and travel to your home location from any other stone circle
- can easily re-designate a different stone circle as your home, as you will

My thought is that you have a reasonably short distance to travel to get to your nearest stone circle.  From there, you can fast-travel with your mount to any other region that you've previously visited.  When you're finished with whatever task led you out, you just have to find the nearest stone circle and fast-travel back to your "home" stone circle, for a reasonably short travel distance back to where you started.

The whole concept fits very well with nature observance, so it seems rather compatible with meditation.  When you find a new stone circle, you meditate on the dolmen to add it to your fast-travel network.  To travel, you meditate on the dolmen and pick your destination.  If you're in the middle of nowhere and have brought a meditation rug with you, meditate on your rug to receive a directional hint to the nearest stone circle using directions similar to analyzing stone shards, or just wander around and find one on your own.

No particular meditation skill level should be required, to make this as accessible as possible.

On 5/23/2022 at 1:49 AM, elentari said:

If you force travel just because you want to distinguish your game as "unique" then you will end up with a unique dead game. Travel should always be option. Do you know what the great feature of good games is? Some gameplay aspects are totally optional. Some people just want to farm. Some want to raise animals. Some just want to make and improve boats. Some totally hate travel especially when we have such huge servers with the same dead and non interactive scenery. Does something amazing happen each time I travel? Do I get waylaid by bandits? Does a rare NPC spawn to give me an odd quest ? Do I find a rare east egg hidden away that only 1000 people have found? 

No. To all of them. If as you say, teleporting would make travel redundant, then travel already is redundant.

Do you know what happens to a player when he overcomes a challenging but repetitive task? That task stops being challenging and only becomes tedious. Traveling from point A to point B when you have made that trip 100 times, is NOT a challenge. It's not respecting players time. And wurm has 1000x features that DO NOT respect players time yet people want to keep them while also complaining "Why are there no new players?". 

Allow me to rephrase that.

"There is no need for Wurm to rise to an intelligent industry standard that allows players and often times time constricted people to save time through forms of fast travel that in no way shape or form detract from the option of manually exploring the game when you want." 

People who constantly give these suggestions a -1 ...  try to work 60 hour weeks for a year and then tell me wasting time traveling the same roads or at 10 km/ph in no wind is a smart MMO design decision. 

30 years of constant MMO improvements and evolution and wurmians are resistant to the best of them just so wurm can be "unique". Wurm already is and will always be unique. There is no slower game in the history of MMOS. Heaven forbid we accept any suggestions that make Wurm fun or * gasps * ... fast. 

On 5/23/2022 at 7:19 PM, SmeJack said:

Travelling is as far opposite to a challenge as anything could ever be, to the point of being afkable... anything that makes me want to play something else while tabbing out of wurm seems to me to be bad for the game. To say that breeding would suffer ignores the call for mounts to port with you and boats of course would also still be needed for off server trips. As for people losing interest, it can easily be thrown around for or against any idea.

It's not only about keeping the game unique. There are other games without fast travel (see Mortal Online). It's about the fact you are basically removing the "game" from Wurm. That quirckiness of travel @belacanementioned: preparing your trip, getting better horses, better equipment for them, a better vessel etc., taking decisions. See above I mentioned a number of feature that play into this. It's part of the game.

If tedious and challenging are the issue, then what about brickmaking, imping, digging, etc. Aren't those tedious? Aren't they unchallenging but rather just time sinks? What about combat - killing the same sort of mobs 1000 times over? I would argue those are way more tedious than travel.

Lastly time management is a thing in Wurm, and even non MMO sandboxes. It's easy to get sidetracked and I'd say it's ok also. If you find yourself spending sooo much time travelling from A to B instead of finishing your north wall and moat then maybe you should postpone it till better weather, if you do it often maybe it's time for some upgrades, lastly maybe you should even think about if it's actually necessary.

It goes both ways: if you want to travel more - there are some places you saw on the map that you  think  might contain loot, or you want to get archaeology stuff or you want to find uniques or just meet new people - but you are stuck working on an endless wall because you want it to be all tall stone wall and have a deep moat outside filled with lava, then you either settle for less (maybe a low stone wall is enough for keeping the sheepies in, and lava was just for decor anyway), maybe you can get more done if you get an upgrade to your tools and skills if you really must have that huge wall and travelling, or maybe you can just ditch the wall altogether and leave the sheepies run free on the grazeland and hope no passerby will kill them for xp.

Point is if you want fast-travel other people might want fast-digging, fast-hunting, fast-whatever-it-is-low-on-their-priority-or-they-don't-like. Instead the game makes you think about your objectives, take decisions, be pragmatic or not be pragmatic and possibly face some consequences.

It's not something that's missing 30 yrs of MMO development. A lot of modern "fast" and "cutting-edge" MMORPGs have close to 0 respect for player time, when they have to do dungeons ad-nauseam for gear or go through volumes of mass produced quests for gear and xp so they can reach max lvl and pvp. I played a ton of MMORPGs since I was young some for years, and enjoyed both sandbox and non-sandbox games, I know what I'm talking about. Wurm has some interesting philosophies behind it. I can only speak for certain in my name only, but we don't want all those features because they take away from what we see as the core ideas of Wurm.

In romanian there is an expression for it "forms without substance" (best translation I could come up with) - in this case is borrowing good-sounding game ideas without any regards for the essence of what Wurm is - not only would it be useless but rather harmful, cutting away essential aspects of the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Idlamn said:

If tedious and challenging are the issue, then what about brickmaking, imping, digging, etc. Aren't those tedious? Aren't they unchallenging but rather just time sinks? What about combat - killing the same sort of mobs 1000 times over? I would argue those are way more tedious than travel.

What about those? 

Well, Wurm lets you pay someone else to do those times consuming things for you. Want to buy 1000 bricks, or high quality items, or rare animal pelts? No problem. Just hand over the money, and spend your time doing what you want to do.

Travel is really no different. 

I think Finnn summed it up best.  In some ways playing Wurm is like living in an apartment building without an elevator. Yes, exercise is good for you. Yes, not having an elevator is quirky, and one of the things that makes this building unique. Yes, lazy people would just take the elevator ALL THE TIME. Yes, you get to have all sorts of interesting meetings while taking the stairs. Yes, the building would be a lot noisier if more people wanted to live here...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheffie said:

What about those? 

Well, Wurm lets you pay someone else to do those times consuming things for you. Want to buy 1000 bricks, or high quality items, or rare animal pelts? No problem. Just hand over the money, and spend your time doing what you want to do.

Travel is really no different. 

I think Finnn summed it up best.  In some ways playing Wurm is like living in an apartment building without an elevator. Yes, exercise is good for you. Yes, not having an elevator is quirky, and one of the things that makes this building unique. Yes, lazy people would just take the elevator ALL THE TIME. Yes, you get to have all sorts of interesting meetings while taking the stairs. Yes, the building would be a lot noisier if more people wanted to live here...

Buying stuff won't compare to buying teleports. Unless you make it very expensive. Then what do you do with things like training fighting? In fact training any skill is a time consuming grind. Games like Mortal Online, Eve Online, Project Gorgon have offline training - you pay for a book that trains you to a specific level of skill. Such a facility would be more on par with teleport facility than buying produce. Because some people want to craft good tools but don't want to look at the forge for ages until they have appropriate sword smithing. I'd like a feature like that in a game. Would it be beneficial to Wurm? Don't really think so.

The elevator analogy is not accurate. We don't travel for exercise in Wurm, there is nothing to exercise. We do it because that's the game, the rules. It's a core mechanic and there are many things developed around it: from horse gear to paving and hwys, inns, vessels etc.

And don't tell me we will still need those things. I got teleported around Newspring, I walked around most of it (also getting there from further up north) - didn't even bother getting stray horses. Why would I pay big silvers for something that is completely useless to me if I have teleportation to almost anywhere I want to get? I hope this example illustrates how much of a core mechanic travel is in WO.

Also, sorry to say but the game becoming "noisier" with teleporting is wishful thinking. Vanguard SoH had teleporting (and a much more intricate crafting system than Wurm) but it's a dead  game anyway. Mortal Online - a more reduced system of traveling mechanics -  horse genetics, some equipment for horses and that's pretty much it; no teleportation. Furthermore you also had too travel to a priest in ghost form through the dimension of the dead just to wake up naked. Did it kill the game? Nope. In fact they made a second iteration of it. Without teleportation. And no in-game map (as a bonus feature lol). Also take into account the first game, compared to Wurm, was an eyesore. Take into account also that if your guild got attacked you needed to sprint all the way across the lands to the place of conflict.

Edited by Idlamn
  • Like 1

I don't agree that travel is a core mechanic. Wurm is not a travel game. It's a sandbox. 

Fast travel is a successful and popular feature in numerous fantasy / role-playing games, both MMO and single player. This is true for games that have a heavy focus on exploration, like the Elder Scrolls series and The Witcher series, as well as things that are more mission based. Fast travel doesn't destroy exploration; instead, it makes travel something a player chooses to do rather than being forced to do. I think that all other things being equal; we should expect a game to be more successful and popular with fast travel than without it.

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 2

Same(similar) thought here.. also.. no other game is really close to compare to wurm with it's deed mechanic.. sharing same world instance.. where you have your home and no shortcut to get back there.. if you want to login .. do something in 5min and log out.. or travel from a to B to grab something quick etc.. well.. it's not that simple.. you'll end up leaving your mount/cart somewhere and might not find them alive where you left them(low chance, but very possible)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

Fast travel is a successful and popular feature in numerous fantasy / role-playing games, both MMO and single player. This is true for games that have a heavy focus on exploration, like the Elder Scrolls series and The Witcher series, as well as things that are more mission based. I think that all other things being equal; we should expect a game to be more successful and popular with fast travel than without it.

See this from my previous message (I edited it in while you added your message):

49 minutes ago, Idlamn said:

Also, sorry to say but the game becoming "noisier" with teleporting is wishful thinking. Vanguard SoH had teleporting (and a much more intricate crafting system than Wurm) but it's a dead  game anyway. Mortal Online - a more reduced system of traveling mechanics -  horse genetics, some equipment for horses and that's pretty much it; no teleportation. Furthermore you also had too travel to a priest in ghost form through the dimension of the dead just to wake up naked. Did it kill the game? Nope. In fact they made a second iteration of it. Without teleportation. And no in-game map (as a bonus feature lol). Also take into account the first game, compared to Wurm, was an eyesore. Take into account also that if your guild got attacked you needed to sprint all the way across the lands to the place of conflict.

23 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

I don't agree that travel is a core mechanic. Wurm is not a travel game. It's a sandbox. 

It doesn't have to be a travel game. I don't even know what this genre is. Sandbox is also a broad definition. Even so, I think travel is more of a trademark of sandbox games than anything else. I think we need to look at what the game offers in more detail tho - and travel looks pretty important to Wurm (among others ofc).

7 minutes ago, Finnn said:

where you have your home and no shortcut to get back there..

There is one, I used it yesterday. The karma spell. Won't bring your cart and horses tho...

Edited by Idlamn

worst case you'll logout at friendly deed or at some steaming person calling your name in freedom asking you what the heck is your cart doing at it's deed and if you're going to pick it up in the next 5min or should call the gms on you

while you are now home and this is following session.. you now have to go back where you were and pickup your mount/s, cart or whatever you left there.. and again spend time to get where you were going or go home but still.. spend a lot of time.. traveling and unless that brings value to your time and game experience.. just waste your time with stuff that sink time for the same of it

or you now have a good case to reverse teleporting and karma summoning from your location to random cart/wagon/mount you have branded.. for 3k karma.. feel welcome to suggest that

I still don't understand the argument of "I don't want to use it so I don't want anybody else to have the choice."  All of this "it's a core element" talk misses the essential "to me" part.  It is a sandbox and is different things to different people who want to play it in different ways.  Allowing fast travel for those who want it in no way has any effect at all on those who don't want to use it.

(EDIT:  I understand the argument being made; what I don't understand is why it is considered a valid argument)

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

I still don't understand the argument of "I don't want to use it so I don't want anybody else to have the choice."  All of this "it's a core element" talk misses the essential "to me" part.  It is a sandbox and is different things to different people who want to play it in different ways.  Allowing fast travel for those who want it in no way has any effect at all on those wo don't want to use it.

Thanks for pointing out what a lot of people seem to fail to understand. 

• Like 4