Sign in to follow this  
Davepoleon

Allow 3rd Party HD Texture Packs

Wurm unlimited already allows people to make HD Texture updates, and Wurm Online would see no great loss of its security by allowing users the ability to spruce up the tree textures.

This game has many unique and wonderful aspects but its hard to get some of my runescape friends to try it out because of how flat and old it looks (I run it with every graphics setting at max).

Edited by Davepoleon

3 hours ago, Davepoleon said:

Wurm Online would see no great loss of its security by allowing users the ability to spruce up the tree textures.

It would let you turn all trees into ghosts for example, which would give you a big edge when hunting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davepoleon said:

Wurm Online would see no great loss of its security by allowing users the ability to spruce up the tree textures.

Back in the olden days there was a big wave of bans because people were editing the client so that the trees were tiny, allowing them to see their opponents from great distance, giving them advantage over those who didn't cheat.

Allowing players to edit the graphics would do exactly that. Basically installing the custom client render mod and disabling (or applying transparent texture to) anything they want.

Also, comparing wurm trees to RS or OSRS trees and saying they look flat seems a bit like smoke&mirrors argument to me.

For those who want mods, there is wurm unlimited, for those that dont want mods there is Wurm online.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Bekador said:

For those who want mods, there is wurm unlimited, for those that dont want mods there is Wurm online.

I can't think of a better argument myself. Well put Bekador.

while i dont agree with the custom mods for the reasons already stated here, i do think that wurm trees are too short for a start. when you ride a horse all you can see are trees in your face. Wurm devs obviously never been in the forest as it would be clear that the trees are way taller than the height of of a player sitting on a horse... especially pines, birches, cedars etc

• Like 1

+1 only if I can make my Wurm look like this

• Cat 1

What about the texture pack that makes dragons look like giant flashing neon $$$$$ signs?

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 1

Or maybe they could make a hd texture pack themselves :3

Edited by Idlamn
  • Like 1

The textures in most stuffs in Wurm seem to be fine with me, its the animations is missing mostly.

1)Row Boats, rowing animation

2)Quivers, well while using them as Archery, i didnt see any arrows and look like a scroll case :(

3)I see alot of hands out of place while in combat stance, IE: 2handed sword, one of those hand arent in right place. Look like both hands are tied.

There are many others, i dont remember them all atm. Ever since they release this on Steam, few years back. Having 3rd person view, change everything!

Edited by Darkelf

1 hour ago, Darkelf said:

The textures in most stuffs in Wurm seem to be fine with me, its the animations is missing mostly.

1)Row Boats, rowing animation

2)Quivers, well while using them as Archery, i didnt see any arrows and look like a scroll case :(

3)I see alot of hands out of place while in combat stance, IE: 2handed sword, one of those hand arent in right place. Look like both hands are tied.

There are many others, i dont remember them all atm. Ever since they release this on Steam, few years back. Having 3rd person view, change everything!

that's one big thing about social interaction in the game.. emotes are dated and werent buffed for a long long time.. I can't recall change since 2015~, there's still lack of UI tip for important mechanics.. there's lack for ui activation of some only commands

* coffee, unless you know it's a thing.. you have no idea what it is.. sleep bonus.. unless you sleep in bed or do mission etc.. you have no idea how to get it and there's 0 tip while playing like.. bed or ZZz and direct short sentence.. dont forget to.. to get some bonus, etc..

/balances is only a command.. not in ui..

/rift is also only a command, no visual tip where you can use it and where not.. while there's active rift.. or ingame ui explaining the event

queued actions outside of crafting window have no que at all, you have no idea how many actions you have queued and how many are left to be executed before it ends(unless you count them start to end..)

there's still no proper management for friendlist.. some names are too long and hidden and overflow out of the visible column, it was possible to register a char with 39865282034 symbols.. for some reason..20-30symbol name is plenty normally..

minor update is needed for few actions to be also possible to keybind..(there's at least thread for that.. but game does not often pickup up updates from there..)

all this is best to classify into it's own group and start a thread of it's own then ask @Keenan if some of it could end up into mid-end of a roadmap as decorative big qol for basic use to old/new players

• Like 1

I remember they release the new sailing features for sailboats and i really like that one. Hardly anyone doing any addons or they having issues with it. Seem like to me, they are lacking of dev and staffs doing this parts and no wonder it been painfully slow since i first played online back in August 2019.

2 hours ago, Darkelf said:

I remember they release the new sailing features for sailboats and i really like that one. Hardly anyone doing any addons or they having issues with it. Seem like to me, they are lacking of dev and staffs doing this parts and no wonder it been painfully slow since i first played online back in August 2019.

there are that 2 big updates with water and skybox texture changes, big update was the render distance and ql for the render for vegetation

boat and player/camera wiggle like headbob.. but finetuned.. so it's not like you're drunk or try latest nausea simulator, for better sailing animation.. anything like for example.. the wither / assassin's creed have as boat wiggle

20 hours ago, Finnn said:

there are that 2 big updates with water and skybox texture changes, big update was the render distance and ql for the render for vegetation

boat and player/camera wiggle like headbob.. but finetuned.. so it's not like you're drunk or try latest nausea simulator, for better sailing animation.. anything like for example.. the wither / assassin's creed have as boat wiggle

Ah interesting, didnt even noticed it heh.

last part is not exactly a thing.. maybe one day, being on vehicle.. turns you into part of it and movement is completely shut, you control the vehicle.. not your character at that point.. you might see the player looking around but that's all, imagine one day being able to sail on a boat and walk on it.. get on/off the boat into water and in the boat to interact with container(like in sea of thieves for example)

how about a submission process? Player can hand-in mod packages for certain topics & signs an IP waiver grant the company exclusive access to the assets. Every month a public voting is done on the top 3 packages. The best gets available as opt-in download for the public.