Sign in to follow this  
Archaed

Cannot "no target" when performing actions

While doing any action trying to click no target comes back as "you are too busy". 

Agreed, it is a nuisance. Not sure whether easy to remove, but would love.

i hope this is a bug, but if it is its a long standing one.

Particularly noticeable to me doing anything with taming once the creature attacks you you simply can't lose the 'no target' to avoid killing it.

A simple, and I believe not well known, quick way to avoid this is to target something else. Say, you're in combat with a troll and need to bandage a wound. Target something else, then perform one action. On foot, need to lead horse to get away? Target a thing not fighting you, hop on your horse. Works only if you do not stack actions.

But otherwise agreed bug or not, 'no target' should interrupt actions and take priority the same way a sacrificing action does.

there's priority to actions.. this one just needs to be given a higher one or be excluded from such que.. whichever makes it instant to execute, I can examine items while doing other things... this is no different, cancels player attacking animation, and removes an iron from enemy hud on screen, at least that's the client visible feedback

dont think it should interrupt anything at all, it's not doing more than canceling an action unrelated to work/creation/anything with going action timer

few months ago if not a year... somebody played around with the priority/queue or w/e for actions.. around the feedback from sindusk being able to grind 5-10-15 skills at once and perform just about "anything" at once simultaneously(over exaggeration), but that lead to some changes.. whoever worked on the "balance" could be familiar with these action ques.

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

there's priority to actions.. this one just needs to be given a higher one or be excluded from such que.. whichever makes it instant to execute, I can examine items while doing other things... this is no different, cancels player attacking animation, and removes an iron from enemy hud on screen, at least that's the client visible feedback

dont think it should interrupt anything at all, it's not doing more than canceling an action unrelated to work/creation/anything with going action timer

few months ago if not a year... somebody played around with the priority/queue or w/e for actions.. around the feedback from sindusk being able to grind 5-10-15 skills at once and perform just about "anything" at once simultaneously(over exaggeration), but that lead to some changes.. whoever worked on the "balance" could be familiar with these action ques.

This, he called action override.  It still works in some areas for combat.  However a lot of action that can be done during combat now seem to break combat entirely.  He was shield training, pan filling, mining and taming an animal all at once.  

what I meant is.. implementing it like sacrifice is stupid.. it stops your current action, it's not a good way to do this.. it's another thing to later submit for QoL fix, it's just new irritation, fighters wont mind much.. but why not solve it better from the start(if possible)

Edited by Finnn