Sign in to follow this  
Synjor

Reintroduce Personal Goal Rewards

Reintroduce the rewards that were available from the previous Personal Goals system into the final Journal category "Destinations Unknown."
Gives more players an opportunity to obtain decent sorcery items, as well as reintroduces wands of the seas and huge eggs for events

Also, make the master cape dyeable or at least make color runes work on it. Like, c'mon, why is the final reward not customizable in any way

• Like 1

i dont understand why personal goals were deleted that was a nice addition that took few days of my life

• Like 1

I would rather see individual personal goals than the current tiered journal.

I may be a bit of an outlier on this, as many seem quite happy with having the journal in its format (the complaints are about some individual items) and I get the whole "no classes (except priests) approach.  However, I thought the whole no-classes approach was to allow people to choose their own "flavour", while the journal pretty much forces non-priests to remain generalists - in effect it goes beyond "we won't force you into a pre-defined class" and instead enforces "we won't let you choose a de-facto class based on your preferences".

Personal Goals would seem to be a better approach, where the player can fulfil as few or as many as they choose and still see some reward for it.

1 hour ago, Synjor said:

Also, make the master cape dyeable or at least make color runes work on it. Like, c'mon, why is the final reward not customizable in any way

+1

personal/ized missions... sure.. but 2nd journal.. idk, no thought about that part for now

+1 for giving the new players a chance to get the title and rewards.

• Like 1

"new players" as in vets farming alts for them like before?

You have a point but still, if "vets farming alts for them" wasn't an option, then they shouldn't have made them easier to accomplish in a first place. I am not exactly sure if i remember right, but i think you had a chance to influence against as public relation assistant/coordinator. Alts been pretty much integral part of wurm player base and neccessery if you care to have a priest, different kind of priest or another settlement and much more i think.

From a new player perspective, too many windows of opportunity been shut on them already.

12 minutes ago, Tor said:

You have a point but still, if "vets farming alts for them" wasn't an option, then they shouldn't have made them easier to accomplish in a first place. I am not exactly sure if i remember right, but i think you had a chance to influence against as public relation assistant/coordinator. Alts been pretty much integral part of wurm player base and neccessery if you care to have a priest, different kind of priest or another settlement and much more i think.

From a new player perspective, too many windows of opportunity been shut on them already.

there's no difference between main and alt.. just skill levels..

at that point you're what, limiting winning sorcery item to "stp" and everybody farms hfc, etc to bulk up, else it's 1 or 5 skills at 99, then people complain that it's too grindy, etc, etc, etc, etc..

it's either too easy or too hard for some, but as long it's possible and spent time rewards you to do it.. somebody will farm this with alts

if swarming the game with sorc items is ok, well there you go, lets all go fish for some charges

1 minute ago, Finnn said:

there's no difference between main and alt.. just skill levels..

at that point you're what, limiting winning sorcery item to "stp" and everybody farms hfc, etc to bulk up, else it's 1 or 5 skills at 99, then people complain that it's too grindy, etc, etc, etc, etc..

it's either too easy or too hard for some, but as long it's possible and spent time rewards you to do it.. somebody will farm this with alts

if swarming the game with sorc items is ok, well there you go, lets all go fish for some charges

I always had impression that the game treat an "alt" like a whole new customer. They still have to pay for premium and still a player have to put significant amount of effort to get anything accomplished. you can buy tomes for marks so it's not like going to swamp anything that isn't already swamped

• Like 1

Again, I see no merit to this suggestion other than "allow us to complete an arbitrary set of tasks for free tomes" 

If the title was the point, the suggestion would be to add that to the journal system only. 

23 minutes ago, Archaed said:

If the title was the point, the suggestion would be to add that to the journal system only. 

Certainly not as far as I am concerned.  Like I said, I would rather some kind of personal goals or milestones that individually or even in themed groups allows one to earn some kind of recognition for the achievement (the titles are okay, but something more specific for specific achievements), instead of a journal that has you complete a whole variety of tasks across a broad range of skills and themes for each reward.  The items in the journal are not the problem, but the clumping and tiering is - to me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tor said:

I always had impression that the game treat an "alt" like a whole new customer. They still have to pay for premium and still a player have to put significant amount of effort to get anything accomplished. you can buy tomes for marks so it's not like going to swamp anything that isn't already swamped

start 100 f2p accounts.. see which roll best(easiest goals), proceed farming charges on them, ez...

I had make 5tons of wine and improve item to QL99.. LOL, "just kidding" devs overnight changed my goals for w/e reason on next day I had make 5tons of wine and repair 6250 walls... that gave me what blue tome... worth and utility of that is trash

some had sacrifice 10,000 items and 1 of the other 1-2-3 easy diamons achievements.... some of them rolled ez pz 200-400euro charges x3, was that a good system, was it rewarding, was it good for mains and not favoring mostly alts?

your call

Edited by Finnn
missed the quotes

maybe some kind of specialty goals would be better than the random stuff the personal goals used to be, maybe after the first couple of tiers on the journal you could be able to choose from different options to continue in a way that lets you do things you actually want to achieve(even if they are dificult) instead of forcing you do to things you hate to get the rewards.

say after the first steps entry is claimed you can choose "the wanderers path" " the fighters path" "the smithing path" etc and you can only chose one. with goals oriented to the path you chose.  as this would be something people want to achieve  the rewards would be less important.(maybe a diferent title for every path)

or have this other goal paths separated from the current journal if that would be easier or fit better, that doesn't matter.

Edit: yes maybe i should keep my own ideas off this topic but im saying if we are thinking about a way to bring more goals to people what i propose here could be nice, if the suggestion here is just a way to bring back the same rewards people got before then my ideas wont make sense.

Edited by Tpikol
  • Like 1

This has nothing to do with bringing ba k personal goals. 

Personal goals were fully randomised, and had no consistency or theme. 

What you are talking about above is just adding themed tiers to the journal, which is fine, and I like. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 1:58 PM, Archaed said:

[...] adding themed tiers to the journal, [...]

So, along the lines of:

Let's say that after completing 'Paved with Stone' journal, the player gets to choose one specilization, as by that time they should be slightly familiar with most skills. These would consist of e.g. Constructor (masonry + paving + carpentry etc. missions), Labourer (mining + digging + woodcutting), Chef (farming + fishing + cooking etc. missions), Ranger (animal taming/husbandry + gardening + forestry + foranizing missions) and variations hereof where missions should not be exclusive necessarily per specilization.

With rewards varying from unique titles to affinity/timer bonuses.

This way one would not be forced to follow the general journal, forcing one to become a jack of all trades, but could choose something that would be a better fit towards their roleplaying and enjoyment aspect.

49 minutes ago, Rishy said:

So, along the lines of:

Let's say that after completing 'Paved with Stone' journal, the player gets to choose one specilization, as by that time they should be slightly familiar with most skills. These would consist of e.g. Constructor (masonry + paving + carpentry etc. missions), Labourer (mining + digging + woodcutting), Chef (farming + fishing + cooking etc. missions), Ranger (animal taming/husbandry + gardening + forestry + foranizing missions) and variations hereof where missions should not be exclusive necessarily per specilization.

With rewards varying from unique titles to affinity/timer bonuses.

This way one would not be forced to follow the general journal, forcing one to become a jack of all trades, but could choose something that would be a better fit towards their roleplaying and enjoyment aspect.

yes something like this is what i said, and since this would be something people actually want to achieve(the current journal is full of thing nobody wants to do but only do for the rewards.) the rewards would be less important.

• Like 1

It would be nice to have separate journals, perhaps call them Guild Journals where you could choose a Guild and complete tasks for those specific guilds like masonry, smithing, tailoring, carpentry etc. Then get a Guild reward upon completion as well as a possible Guild title and the option to choose another journal to complete.

• Like 1

Forgot about this one lol.

In response to worries about it being farmable; one of the items could be rewarded upon 100% completion of the entire Journal. Additionally, rewarded tomes could be only 1 charge.

At that point, if someone really wants to "farm" it, the effort they put in is more than enough to have earned the reward.

Question though, if the tome is not a reward, is this still something you want? 

13 hours ago, Archaed said:

Question though, if the tome is not a reward, is this still something you want? 

Yes