Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

Wurm Launcher Issues Thread

Please indicate any reasons that you have for not using the native launcher for running Wurm Online.

I am using it.. simply because I'd have to else reverse... what it does to start the content...

but as feedback.. allow us to modify the parameters... gcg/cache-sizes/etc.. it's java params.. and that is USEFUL to be able to modify on our own

1 more reason.. for example.. minecraft have that feature.. option to add/remove/modify how the game runs

afaik there's very tiny amount of people using workaround to not use the launcher, thread is probably not needed, as they mostly run the game with different "more stable" java version from what I vaguely understood

• Like 1

I have to use the old client after i switched to fedora/nobara now, didn't managed to get it running the native one

I have a dreadful experience with g1gc, so I run shendandoah instead for less microstutter. The current Java8 runtime isn't compiled with shendadoah support, so overriding via _JAVA_OPTIONS doesn't work.

There are a few issues on Linux that are caused by the old version of JFX that would be obsoleted by updating Java anyway. Dito for a few crashes in native code on Windows.

If those two issues are fixed I can probably archive my own launcher that I've written and return to the official one.

• Like 1

Why is this Wurm launcher trash claiming that the server is up and subsequently failing toconnect, while the WUrm server page shows that the server is actually down?

Has that launcher been programmed by amateurs who don't know what they're doing?

Seems to me.

5 minutes ago, MarquisDeCarabas said:

Why is this Wurm launcher trash claiming that the server is up and subsequently failing toconnect, while the WUrm server page shows that the server is actually down?

Has that launcher been programmed by amateurs who don't know what they're doing?

Seems to me.

For what it's worth, that isn't the launcher this thread is about. That's actually the client. The launcher runs with a minimal UI (splash screen) and downloads everything.

The status indicator only shows the status of the login server, which is always first to come up after a restart. We haven't yet integrated our newer status provider to show a more accurate representation. :)

• Like 1

On my main pc the main launcher for wurm online doesn't start. I have used wurm unlimited (which worked without any problems) and have tried the steam version (also works) but because i play on southern isles and have been told the steam version doesn't support that i can't use that launcher.

The launcher doesn't start at all, i get no logs, no error message. The only thing that pops up is the splash screen and then the client crashes and can't be executed again. 

Edit: Fixed after installing with disabled firewall and antivirus.

Edited by amorfides
update on problem

wurm launcher is constantly updating since the newest patch, and wont let me launch additional clients if an other client is already open

• Like 1

Been getting the same issue since the latest patch with the chair skin, also happening on 2 other laptops

also the same, launcher reupdates every time I open it to log in, highly bloody annoying

Launcher scaling issues

Start the launcher on a monitor that windows keeps at 125% scaling

Doww9hp.png

Then drag it over to another monitor that is 100% scaling

R1w7Krk.png