Sign in to follow this  
Marinaki

buying a deed question

Where can I buy a deed so I can build my house on my own land? Thank you

If you are looking to buy an existing deed you will need to contact its mayor if they are willing to sell it.

If you are looking at founding a new deed you need the silver in your bank account and then you need to craft a Deed Stake and right click that and click Found Settlement on the spot where you want your deed to be.

or find a spot and use your deed stake and try to place it there as long as it's not to close to others.  you may want to buy premium with some silver for the deed and deed upkeep.   as a new player you can get a good deal with the 2 months and 15 silver i think discounted for first time players.  planting 11x11  is best as a minimum . because 1s upkeep is the lowest. if you deed smaller it still costs 1s,  11x11 is 1.05s  

To add to the above. There is the cost to start a deed, and then the costs to keep the deed, called upkeep. As mentioned above, the minimum monthly upkeep is 1s, however, that 1s minimum cost in upkeep will cover a deed size up to 500 tiles. So any deed that is less than 500 tiles isn't quite as good since you STILL have to pay that 1s in upkeep, whether it is an 11x11 (121 tiles) or a 25x20 (500 tiles). The 11x11 purchase price is cheaper, but in the long run, the 20x25 is a better deal. To purchase a 500 tile deed will cost 5s, but then you are also charged for the first 3 months of upkeep, so that is another 3 silver.

Conclusion: The best minimally viable deed size is 500 tiles, will be good for 3 months, and cost 8s. Many people pay upkeep up to and beyond a year in advance. So tossing 12s into a 500-tile deed adds a year of retention.

Note that 25x20 is just an example because it equals 500 tiles perfectly, but you can play around with dimensions to get other lengths that are close to 500 tiles.

Edited by Whane
  • Like 2