Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

Hold [Ctrl] to see player names

Does exactly what it says on the tin.

While the player holds down the Ctrl key (or whatever other key may have been assigned), the UI will print the name of each player above their head. No titles, meditation or other fluff, just the user name, printed in a small but readable font.

This would help quite a bit in social events, I think. Any time that more than five or six people are together, it can be difficult to figure out which avatar corresponds with which name. And if you want to trade with someone, or heal them, having names above their head is a tried and tested way of finding them. And because it's only on screen while you hold down the magic key, it's not going to detract from the gameplay. 

Is this going to break the frame rate in a rift battle where 100 players are clustered in a few tiles? Perhaps. If so, the feature could be restricted to players within a few tiles. It would still be very useful.

• Like 8

It would be super useful at Rifts, its great knowing someone is casting Light of Fo but they could be anywhere between Independence and Melody for all I know.

Maybe as well as showing peoples names it could come up under the name saying "Casting Light of Fo" or any other spell if they are casting a spell at the time.

• Like 1

Wow I love all of these ideas. I would love to be able to do that. When healing and there is a group and someone says they are dying it can take like an hour to mouse over everyone haha. 

Basically you're asking for MMO game design from 20 years ago lol...

+1 of course, this SHOULD be a thing we could always toggle on or off.