Sign in to follow this  
Meyfei

"Lost and found" Localized tracking beam

We've all lost a cart, a boat, or safe house / hunting shack at one point or another.

I feel it would be a good quality of life feature to allow a user to view a golden beam, or white beam upon request, indicating the location of a vehicle or house.

One thing, is a rowboat I have can easily be hidden by much larger boats, so it could be overlooked. Plus I haven't been playing a lot the past few years, and trying to locate something manually after years, is pretty difficult.

• Like 1

The "locate" function for branded animals could be extended to vehicles and buildings.  The directions can be a bit vague, but are generally useful.

• Like 2

Yeah, i feel your pain in trying to track things down Meyfei, but don't want beams popping up and taxing the server with that additional load. Also, it's not really immersive. I'd support adding the direction finding to carts, wagons, and ships, like Trickster suggests above, but can't support beams.

6 hours ago, DaletheGood said:

Yeah, i feel your pain in trying to track things down Meyfei, but don't want beams popping up and taxing the server with that additional load. Also, it's not really immersive. I'd support adding the direction finding to carts, wagons, and ships, like Trickster suggests above, but can't support beams.

If the beam is upon request it'd be entirely client side and other people wouldn't see it, it wouldn't be any load on the server beyond having to tell the client where the beam points to. That load would be minimal, comparable to a locate soul cast.

For immersiveness, if you dress it up as magic I figure it would be fine.

• Like 1