Sign in to follow this  
timowi

Give us the option to waive proximity ownership

On meetup of many players proximity ownership is a hassle. Can't even take waste as woodscrap if the player who dropped is around. Putting down something for public (like food) does not work if you stay around.

Permission system in wurm is ... lets say not the best. But proximity ownership is worst. It's bad by design.

Currently we have a hidden permission system there which players cant even observe or control.

We can't secure many things we may put down as decorations or for public use on events. But we automatically secure even waste we have dropped as long as we are around.

Please either remove this hidden permission system or give us options to control it.

• Like 4

If it helps, I just learned myself that alliances get rid of proximity perms. Otherwise dump and run.

• Like 1

yes and you can team up with players. But that's no solution with many player around. Like at a rift or any community event. Needing a dump-and-run alt would be typical wurm workaround...

Ehhhhh the most likely reason it's in the game is to protect your valuables. Especially at a rift there'd be people eyeing the ground like vultures. It's possible GMs could help, but then this change would just cause them more work.

I would possibly suggest

-at least a timer say maybe 3 seconds to help with that issue (quick fix)

-allow users to lock valuables from being dropped by putting a lock symbol next them and highlighting them with a border (slow fix to work on after the quick fix)

Edited by Zuelatak

Teaming up over rides this

I would love the option to toggle this on/off. If we could also toggle it for building permissions, it would make things a lot smoother for certain community events like the fishing contest at the DRF impalong, where we tried to offer public supplies but constantly ran into proximity issues when people were trying to take things others had recently dropped.

If it isn't possible to adjust the permission setting, it would be nice if at least the message could be more clear about exactly why you can't pick the item up so it's easier to solve the problem when it happens.

• Like 4

+1 I've run into issues with this at the rifts where I dropped things like food, healing covers and cotton in my safe enclosure for others not realizing they couldn't grab them if I was still there. There really should be a better means of player control in this. A way to drop things for anyone to take even if I am standing right next to the items.

• Like 1