Sign in to follow this  
timowi

Add a no gain phase after faith switch

Maybe remove the caster name from twitter also? And maybe shrink the deity favor pool a bit on SFI, to reflect SFI server count and population while you at it, so perhaps we get more rites on SFI

5 hours ago, timowi said:

priests helping in the cast got notified afterwards we are banned for their "public" slayings

that's disturbing. my first thought is there should be a concentrated effort to drive those bullies out of wurm. but then my nicer side kicks in and I think there should just be a concentrated effort to thoroughly mess up their meta-gaming schedule and do the rites on a 6.5 day schedule, so just as their cool-down is about to end the rite is cast and they have to switch their faith again to try to catch the next one, rinse, repeat.

• Like 1

People messing up something that really isnt that hard to follow. Then refusing to deal with the social consequences. Blame everyone else and the game too. Suuuure

Still this is what was ingeniously described as "first world problem". If people bother to switch faith to get more SB, it does not harm anybody. If they politely ask to wait a bit with a cast, one may politely accept or politely decline. If someone starts ranting, ignore, if harrassing, report. Case closed. 

Edited by Ekcin
typo

Well the group of players I use to call "the dragon mafia" trying to strongarm people to cave in to their demands is nothing new. They got their way on SFI and as long as we are not actively standing up on NFI it will be the same. That the journal makes it mandatory to get a set of dragon armor does not help at all.

Strange, I never met a "dragon mafioso" in all my years on SFI. I had many helpful players on my way to a scale set, nobody "strongarmed" me.

And true, NFI has a problem with drake and scale journal goal, 100 rifts as well. That has to do with the delayed cluster merge, not with conspiracy theories.

And what has it to do with faith swap? "Dragon mafiosi" forcing you at gunpoint to delay a rite? Menacing to come to your house and poison your dog? Get a life.

Edited by Ekcin

Okay, the journal doesn't make anything mandatory, but I can see the confusion.

This is part of why I don't like the journal, not just in it's current form but in any form where you get a permanent boost for completing parts of it.  It is the opposite of being a "sandbox" when players feel pressured into doing stuff they either don't enjoy or are unlikely to be able to finish.

• Like 2

You can't ban someone from a public slaying, only private ones... according to the rules. Ignore the threats and go anyway.

I'm just imagining dragons in pinstripe suits with cigars 

• Like 1

Precedent is already set for punishing faith-switching.  Maybe it was aimed at PvP and the effects on PvE are just "collateral damage" as usual, or maybe it was thought to be a sufficient penalty in a higher-population environment than we have now, who knows.

So either eliminate the faith swapping penalty on PvE and allow people to switch whenever they like, or expand on the penalties and make repeated switching less worthwhile, particularly when switching *back* to a faith you've already abandoned (probably multiple times).

Perhaps even just remove the sleep bonus from Rites.  I'd wager no one would play musical-god-chairs then.

I personally wouldn't really care which choice is made, as long as something is done to eliminate the arguments and whining over the matter.

• Like 1

Why are you all that spiteful? Can't you just cast rites as you like? As said, if someone politely ask to synchronize a rite for her extravagant faith swap habit, agree or politely decline. If someone impolitely demands, whines, lambasts, ignore. If someone harrasses, file a ticket if it goes over the top. Case closed. I fail to see the reason to spoil others' decisions.

Immersion wise, follower bonuses could be boosted somewhat, and only granted for continuous followership of, say 2 or 3 weeks. That, especially the latter,  is the time it usually takes to get to faith 30. A faith swapper could never get to even today. So that habit comes with a price. 

It comes with a price anyway. I never faith swap, but sail to every RoS. And that is a burden already as I have to shed all SB down to 2 hrs, and with many missions, I am frequently full. So I have to plan for up to 5 hours of grinding before, and at least 20-30min after praying, a time not available to me every time, at least not without planning. Players with more than one rite per week must have a lot of free time, and be willing to waste it on relentless grinding. 

That is damn their choice, and not your business, as long as they stay polite and ask for synchronization in a civilized manner. 

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

Can't you just cast rites as you like?

+1