Sign in to follow this  
Blaank

Better Farming mod not working?

Client version is 1.9.1.5
Server version is 1.9.1.5
Mod version betterfarm-2.2

Mod is here. https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/138254-released-bdew-server-mods-new-mod-fishy-tweaks-updated-apr-09/

I have it installed on the server in the mods folder, ran the patcher.bat .  In the game, harvesting a field does not combine the harvested items, nor replant the seeds.  My harvesting is at level 24.  It doesn't list any level requirement for the harvest, combine, and re-sow so that part should be working even with 24 skill.  Does this mod no longer work?

Hi mate,

made an account just to answer your issue. Looks like the person who made fishytweaks needs to update their code to not throw out the error code. Until the developer of that mod updates the code you will need to delete fishytweaks folder, config and properties files as to not confuse the modlauncher.bat 

7 hours ago, Skordean said:

Hi mate,

made an account just to answer your issue. Looks like the person who made fishytweaks needs to update their code to not throw out the error code. Until the developer of that mod updates the code you will need to delete fishytweaks folder, config and properties files as to not confuse the modlauncher.bat 

I don't have fishytweaks installed.  Is the mod working for you?

EDIT: I just checked the better farming config file, and default is for replanting options to open at level 50:

replant=1@50,2@70,3@90

You could adjust that to 30 or whatever skill level you would prefer.

I have used the mod on various servers, and I know the mod still works. There is a chance though it could conflict with other farming mods. 

I remember it is a separate action for normal harvest, versus harvest-and-replant, but I forget now whether there was a level requirement (maybe 30 or 50?) for that advanced option... If no one comes along in the next 24 hours  that knows the answer I could try logging into a server with the mod and do some experiments on whether there is a skill req. Or you if you want an answer sooner, you could make a GM character, give it 50 farming, and test yourself.

Do make sure you have the updated version of the mod, thread mentions 

Better Farming updated to v1.1

• Fixed incorrect skill level checks
  • Fixed harvest (and replant) always requiring active item

Official latest version is v2.2, I just posted the v1.1 so you can see there were some changes that might affect your case.

You could also check the Discord server that modders and server admins frequent as it is very likely BDew himself would see your query, or at least someone much more familiar with details of the mod could answer your questions.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1