Sign in to follow this  
MordosKull

Question About Cave-Ins

I'm wanting to create a few different types of ore veins close to home without using rods bought with premium rewards.

Based on the concept that cave-ins consist of the spawning of random ore veins and stone, what are my chances of creating, say, a marble vein by mining out a bunch of caverns and waiting for collapses? Are the newly spawned veins entirely random or do they follow the regionality we see in vein types already? From previous experience, I do know cave-ins lean heavily toward producing stone veins just as stone veins are the highly dominant types across Wurm. Beyond this though, I'm wanting to know what my chances are to create a vein such as marble via mining and waiting for cave-ins.

Does anyone know the code/concept for this area of the game well enough to offer some insights?

Edited by MordosKull

general rule/law of wurm - collapses happen, no matter what.. no refunds

this could take years.. nothing guarantees a collapse, it's just rng, seen some offdeed caves intact as they were for years.... tiles usually turn to rock..

if you want to farm veins... grinding for pension will be faster and more reliable

Ugh yeah I didn't think about the insane rng regarding frequency of collapses.. 

Well damn, back to prospecting the world over I guess.

what you looking for is pretty mutch impossible without a rod, if im not mistaking all veins dont even spawn in every area.

• Like 1

Tile have the hightes colaps chance if its surrunedt by not reinforcd stone. Best way to creat a ore farm is strips with checkerbord pattern in between. Its not likely that you get the ore you want so for anithing that is efficient you need a realy larg scale. We atampt this with liike 10 people and it never realy worked. I think we got 1/500 that was a iron vine. Its way more efficient to look for natual spawns.