Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 26-April-2022

• Change: Spawn counts on donkeys have been reduced. This should allow for more diverse creature spawns
  • Like 9
  • Cat 1

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:
  • Change: Spawn counts on donkeys have been reduced. This should allow for more diverse creature spawns

@Keenan Just pure curiosity dose Spawncount describe a second cap or to the wight ratio in the spawn attampt for you guys (I would interpret it as second cap)? I think WU did not have a direct count/creature just a general count so I was wondering if ther was a change in this regard since then.

Also first would mean its more efficient to just kill Donkys for more horsess, second would mean still every animal that is not a horse for more horses. So its maybe a usfull information to get anyway.

Not absolutely sure, but I believe they have two counts:  (1) aggro creature count and (2) non-aggro creature count (which would include donkeys and horses).  Two seperate limits, one for each.

2 hours ago, HawkHawk said:

Does this mean Horses are more likely to spawn?

haha, good one

doubtful, if other rebalance, gap will fill by random spawns of the non-aggressive type most likely, expect more pigs/dogs/etc 

cows.. for the tutorial/journal

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Spawn counts on donkeys have been reduced

Noooo !!!!! My donkeys !!!!!!

But, I guess.. more mobs or sheep would be ok. lol

19 hours ago, Tristanc said:

Not absolutely sure, but I believe they have two counts:  (1) aggro creature count and (2) non-aggro creature count (which would include donkeys and horses).  Two seperate limits, one for each.

This was how it worked in WU. But it looks like WO had a overhaul to creature spawning since then (following a few patch notes and observations). So the question remain is this a shift in wight distribution for spawns or the max number of specific animal type.

• Like 1

Developers:

On 4/26/2022 at 8:08 AM, DevBlog said:

Change: Spawn counts on donkeys have been reduced. This should allow for more diverse creature spawns

Donkeys:

GYBtNV3.jpg

Two donkeys walked out of frame as I was trying to get a screenshot and there's even one inside the darn guard tower.

To be clear, this isn't a dig at our fine development team - I just love that Wurm always seems to have a mind of its own about these things.  :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sidereal said:

Developers:

Donkeys:

GYBtNV3.jpg

Two donkeys walked out of frame as I was trying to get a screenshot and there's even one inside the darn guard tower.

To be clear, this isn't a dig at our fine development team - I just love that Wurm always seems to have a mind of its own about these things.  :)

Adjusted spawn rate, they didn't just pluck existing ones away.

• Like 5

Maybe up the horse spawn are would they take over like the donkeys did.like i haven't seen a horse in 6 mths.

12 hours ago, Sidereal said:

and there's even one inside the darn guard tower

What, guards don't get donkeys of their own?  

Now that would be terrific, hitch a mount to a tower to create mounted guards.

14 hours ago, Sidereal said:

Donkeys

I'm pretty sure those spawned before tuesday's patch. 

Damit!  I was using the abundance of Donkeys to train my newb fighting skills and gather hide.  😜  On a serious note, I did wonder what was up with all the donkeys, so much so that my during my ventures across the west bay of Melody in my rowboat, I was often accompanied by rogue, swimming donkeys, lol.  🤨  Thanks for the fix!  Now for some luck in a horse that is not grey for myself.  :D

3 rift camps and lots of champs today. Good stuff if that's a part of the patch, even tho hyenas and gorills still yet to meet them in a while

Sign in to follow this