Sign in to follow this  
Cipacadrinho

PvP patch and how to make all wurmians try some war instead of love once in a while

Hi! It me agane! :)

Now to make pvp fun is to try to get as balanced in power accounts as possible while having some type of downside to it still to keep the nerves going and make you feel like you have something to lose. But too much of that and you get people avoiding it. So where is the balance?

Maybe make like a pvp skill or stat where your normal characteristics count untill like 45 or 50 (because they want people to grind still for months to pay for prem) or 30 or whatever and the rest of the power would be a pvp stat that would be lost and gained +2/3 levels based on doing something but most of the time would be the same for all toons?

So would end up with normal characteristics to matter for 100% of pve fights and then for pvp 50% would be the characteristics capped at 50 then after that the pvp only stat that is same for all toons and could go up or down 1-2 levels based on something you do in game.(L.E. In case you are in both a pve and pvp fight at the same time the pvp CR/stats thingy would have priority. )

Also make a meditation path wide thing for pvp no drop no skill loss with 16h cd. So if you havent died in the last 16 irl hours you ahve no drop and no skill loss at level 4-5 ish on all meditation paths.

That could be a thing too: have meditation paths give something for pve and something else for pvp . There i just fixed Defiance too:)

Edited by Cipacadrinho
  • Like 1

What would be the benefit of any of this?? I agree that PvP needs some attention to improve, that is very evident with the lack of activity at present, however....  what would be the point of PvP with No drop guaranteed?

Also why punish the people that put in the time and effort to improve there toons and make them stronger to compete by reducing there skills.... why not implement something to encourage others to but in the effort (Like POK on defiance) and encourage players onto the server?

What your suggesting would be like having a flat comparable toon with the same statistics throughout, this creating no reward for actually skilling on the game at all... you may as well only log in when PvP is happening with no desire to increase any skills?

The idea in my opinion to any PvP game is to gain an advantage over another individual or team to win? 

No Victory was ever gifted... only ever worked for!

The "benefit" would be people willing to go out and explore get into a fight atleast once a day while being able to compete with any other toon in a 1v1 and not have to risk losing all their gear.

That would enourage new comers or people that dont want to play wurm for an extended period of time anymore.

They can just jump in and get into a fight and know that win or lose their character wont lose power or items for that one fight. And the 16h cd on that protection makes it so that if they want to fight for longer or getting sieged etc. they will be under full loot chance. Is a compromise, there is no such thing as a perfect solution for everyone.

At the moment Wurm pvp is too hardcore time investment wise and that's before tomes and imbues even. Devs need to drag the needle a bit more to the center and i think these changes can't hurt achieving that goal.

We need to make people want to play pvp in Wurm and once we have a baseline going then try to add flavor to it.

So make pvp more casual friendly and that will help even the hardcore pvp-ers because guess what: then one would find actual people out on the map they can fight.

There are also many hardcore pvp-ers that burn out or want to play some other games for a period but them being able to just jump in when the call is made theres action to be had and not have to worry about not losing stuff is a good way to keep the comunity in touch and active and also toons premmed even tho the players themselves dont invest that much in Wurm anymore.

Maybe you are thinking: well this will just make the current pvp-ers just play more alts.

More prem alts more money right?

But what if they bring in the accounts system too then? Where you can have like 1 crafter and 1 of each priest on one account? And make the no drop cd account wide? So if you die with your mag you can log  in on the other toons but the cd is shared so they will be full loot?

The bottom line is that noone is playing those servers anymore. The pop is epic  numbers :) literally and figuratively!

So devs have to shake things up a bit... just changing the creatures lead cap did not boost the pvp servers numbers:) 

Maybe if we can convince Ciray to only lead one Panda at a time on discord during fights that could add some spice :) But the issue here is: there are no fights.

Edited by Cipacadrinho

Well I understand both sides of this argument. While personal likeing the idea of the "realistic" hardcore approche I can see why it not work in a persistend desinged world and is only ever successfull in round base games. With the new graves we got on Defiance mabybe somthing like a partial loot system could be implementent. Graves can't be open for 24h from some one else then the player who owns it but you now drop 30% of random items in your inventory and one equiped item. Its still a loost but its minimized. Its hard to keep the full loot idea in the game without give up on the more "casual" players (well casual for Wurm is still pretty hardcore I guess :P)

PvP is in my opinion just not fixable with the fundamentla problems in the combat system, the week balance, the general full loot designe problems and low information state to correct and adjust for mistakes you can't be aware of.

I like most of this. It would be so great to have more activity on chaos.