Sign in to follow this  
icbash

Skill tracker window......will not stay put..

seens the new ui update my skill tracker window keeps going to top right Conner .... every time i log in... 
changed profile 12 times screen res 16times redownloaded wurm and clean hard drive 2 times...
what is the damn code for the window in the config file ill input it manually im so tried of logging in to move the damn window...

have you tried rightclick on top border and use lock?

my skill tracker never move around 

hopefully this help for you 

can you save your skilltracker presets?

it's possible that the ini-file for window position is read-only for w/e reason, also if the game is in \program files..\.. windows does it's funny stuff derping permissions between user/admin and might be preventing some file operations

alt+f4 probably wont save preset, wurm have that odd behavior where OK is NOT OK... it saves setting only on normal exit of the game

5 hours ago, Maiya said:

have you tried rightclick on top border and use lock?

my skill tracker never move around 

hopefully this help for you 

yes bunch of time's

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

can you save your skilltracker presets?

it's possible that the ini-file for window position is read-only for w/e reason, also if the game is in \program files..\.. windows does it's funny stuff derping permissions between user/admin and might be preventing some file operations

alt+f4 probably wont save preset, wurm have that odd behavior where OK is NOT OK... it saves setting only on normal exit of the game

normal exited even on bed .i would not think so i have changed screen size it saves everthing else but that one window. i can not fin skill tracker code in the ini file thow its just not there.

I can confirm this issue. I usually have my skill tracker bottom left and everytime i log on it moves a bit up towards top left. I then unlock the window, drag it back and lock it. If i dont reposition it it eventually ends up top left after a few log-ins.

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 1

guessing....

skillTracker=194 22 -1 -1 12

found in X:\Games\Wurm\players\Finn\windows_1920x1200.txt or w/e you use as screen size (no jokes for my resolution)

make sure that file is not locked I guess? or set some odd settings and play around with it, this should be the source of the problem either way

Spoiler

how to find wurm random settings:

(windows LTS):

:/mnt/d/Games/Wurm$ grep -i "track" * -R

players/Worf/windows_1920x1200.txt:skillTracker=1608 200 -1 -1 2

ok here the prob...

look at file.

skillTracker=2320 45 -1 -1 4

i edit my file to read.

skillTracker=2320 400 -1 -1 4

load game and log out rewrites file to

skillTracker=2320 45 -1 -1 4

something is resetting the placement of the window

On 4/26/2022 at 2:19 PM, Nordlys said:

I can confirm this issue. I usually have my skill tracker bottom left and everytime i log on it moves a bit up towards top left. I then unlock the window, drag it back and lock it. If i dont reposition it it eventually ends up top left after a few log-ins.

Do you have it set to "enable bottom left anchor"? I recall it doing something like that.

53 minutes ago, Lisimba said:

Do you have it set to "enable bottom left anchor"? I recall it doing something like that.

I dont recall something like that. But i do know that i havent changed anything in years and that somewhere between then and now it started doing this. Its quite a while since actually.

If you don't make changes to your UI much maybe set the file to Read-Only as a workaround? I've done that with my keybinds file because my client likes to randomly duplicate entries which Read-Only fixed for me. Not a fix, but it might alleviate the annoyance.

On 4/28/2022 at 8:41 AM, SirMuttley said:

If you don't make changes to your UI much maybe set the file to Read-Only as a workaround? I've done that with my keybinds file because my client likes to randomly duplicate entries which Read-Only fixed for me. Not a fix, but it might alleviate the annoyance.

if it was just read only that would would not change... i have manually edited the file saved it.. and loaded wurm and it keeps overwriting the file with new one with default cords for the window... btw setting the file to read only just make wurm delete and remake the file with the default cords