Sign in to follow this  
Tor

Priesthood and faith change

- Allow every priest and also every follower to gain faith to 100.

- Allow every priest to lose priesthood and remain follower while keeping it's faith. Can become priest again in let say 1 to 3 months.

- Followers gets the 30+ faith bonuses as well.

- Tweak around that

- More suggestion around this are welcomed.

Wouldn't that make a lot of the priest restrictions rather redundant, at least from an enchanting point of view? This suggestion would allow you to stay at 100 faith when reverting from priest to follower, so you could then simply become a priest to bulk enchant a good amount of stuff and then revert back to a follower in order to get rid of the restrictions. Then repeat this proces a few months later when you have more stuff to enchant. Same thing for the more situational spells (for example strongwall). At that point you might as well make those spells available to followers. Or perhaps make it so that you cannot revert from priest to follower until several months after you've become a priest, so you're stuck with the priest restrictions for a while?

17 minutes ago, Ecrir said:

Wouldn't that make a lot of the priest restrictions rather redundant, at least from an enchanting point of view? This suggestion would allow you to stay at 100 faith when reverting from priest to follower, so you could then simply become a priest to bulk enchant a good amount of stuff and then revert back to a follower in order to get rid of the restrictions. Then repeat this proces a few months later when you have more stuff to enchant. Same thing for the more situational spells (for example strongwall). At that point you might as well make those spells available to followers. Or perhaps make it so that you cannot revert from priest to follower until several months after you've become a priest, so you're stuck with the priest restrictions for a while?

It's quite obvious what you can do with this suggestion and it's about game play opporunity and not economical one. Just one example: you can go pvp for a few months and then go build your dead or do whatever another few months when you bored or when the pvp is dead, then switch back without having to literally waste time back and forth, but with a time limit. Changing different religion it reset the faith anyways.

Those that do have so much time on their hand for playing back and forth, or having 4 alts are doing it anyways.

I know it's controversal suggestion but since this is a game and not a second job or a life style, i think this kind of changes could help improve the player retention past the time and money filter because obviously this current thing what we have now it doesn't and it doesn't do it for years now. Changes are needed unless we fine with the current players count and the bleeding rate.

At this point, given how few people main priests, and given how narrow and limited our gameplay is, some form of switching is likely to help retain what few priest players wurm has.  It is also likely to encouraging more solo toon players to stick around for longer.

I think it is not a good idea. It will be too unbalanced concerning other game characters. It will also be difficult for new players to get involved. Btw, I am a religious person and attend firstchurchlove.com several times a week. Moreover, I like to meditate. It has a positive impact on work efficiency, concentration of attention, and orientation in the outside world. In my opinion, brain studying helps us to understand the nature and mechanism of action of these positive influences. I hope there will be good updates soon.

Edited by Spleksi

1 hour ago, Spleksi said:

It will be too unbalanced concerning other game characters.

What precious balance is there to preserve in PvE anyway? Balancing issues only arise in pvp not PvE, so why not allow people to main priests anyway? 

13 hours ago, elentari said:

so why not allow people to main priests anyway? 

They can main priests, just with restrictions. Remove them - everyone is a priest, new meta :D its way too easy to main a priest now anyways. most of the restrictions lifted away by now. the only one present is inability to improve, literally. 

• Like 1