Sign in to follow this  
Jindala

Another rite coming up ...

Hey ..

[11:41:22] You sense that Vynora is brimming with power. Maybe you can channel it somehow?

Now, there was a Vyn rite planned for Harmony on this weekend as well (yay). However, it seems that a player named Utenus has ninja casted a Fo rite on Harmony instead now. Guess we should sync this one with the Harmony one if somehow possible? On a side note, the Harmony side was planned in this (old) thread and mentions that all rites are ready there ;) Just a heads-up ...

Jin

As a Vyn follower i would like to know when its going to be. I had heard Fo sniped our day, are there any plans on reestablishing the prayer?

My Vyn priest is new so only 65 faith but I would love to help :)

Just FYI, I've put the Fo rite on the schedule for Tomorrow, The Vyn rite should be scheduled for next Wed or Thursday to coordinate with Harmony.  I don't have a problem hosting the Vyn rite as well, but if someone else wants to that would be great

My Vyn priests are pretty dog water tier (faiths at 67, 54,52, 51) So I can't offer to actually cast it but I can throw some extra favor at it if we are short. 

I can also help plan/host it. Not sure if my location of Q10 (Elyria) would be good for everyone but I can summon everyone. 

How does everyone feel about sometime this  week? Maybe we should get a strawpoll going to see who is interested and what times everyone could make. 

Let me know what you think :)

Depending on time I can help with my priest. 98 Faith 46 channeling. Already have the journal entry.

Ok as we have no time yet what about Wednesday 20:00 or 22:00 UTC?

Now RoD got casted on Melody, gonna switch to that now - sounds (here) like Vyn is going to be postponed (even after Mag next week then?).

27 minutes ago, Jindala said:

Vyn is going to be postponed (even after Mag next week then?).

Woha! Why? I burned all SB on Sat just to notice RoS was ninjad on Har a bit more than 24h earlier. And now you want to push this even more in Future?

I am in favor of doing it as soon as possible.

• Like 2

Sorry, we wanted to get the Vyn right cast, but I was not available on Sunday, and in an effort to get ALL the rites cast as quickly and effeciently as possible Pnut went ahead with Lib.  Mag will still be next Sunday, and Vyn will be the week after that.

17 hours ago, Sinnjinn said:

Sorry, we wanted to get the Vyn right cast, but I was not available on Sunday, and in an effort to get ALL the rites cast as quickly and effeciently as possible Pnut went ahead with Lib.  Mag will still be next Sunday, and Vyn will be the week after that.

Sounds good to me. I would like my main Vyn to be included for the journal if possible!

32 days after the last cast RoS was ready again, and we are waiting additional 21days until we cast it? In my understanding we loose these 21days on the time getting the next rite. Or does the waiting time reduces the next? Won't we get almost twice as much rites if we cast them right away?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, timowi said:

32 days after the last cast RoS was ready again, and we are waiting additional 21days until we cast it? In my understanding we loose these 21days on the time getting the next rite. Or does the waiting time reduces the next? Won't we get almost twice as much rites if we cast them right away?

Yep, catering to the "meta" again. If we do it this weekend, the "meta" folks can catch it on the next one. 

• Like 1

Asking in local gave a few in favor of casting today, lot abstention and one strong vote against.

As there was no planned time but only my proposal I try to get the priests together to cast it today 20:00 GMT

timer_E1651694454.svg

2 hours ago, timowi said:

Asking in local gave a few in favor of casting today, lot abstention and one strong vote against.

As there was no planned time but only my proposal I try to get the priests together to cast it today 20:00 GMT

timer_E1651694454.svg

I cast the rite on Melody purposly to allow for the Mag rite to cast at the weekend. Now anyone who converted for that is now going to miss out on this again if you cast it so soon? 

The Mag rite has been planned for the weekend

If we cast this today some swappers will miss this one. But they can take the next in four weeks. It's just a bit more then 20 days after the day Sinn want to postpone the rite now. And likely there will be some rite in between to swap to. Do you really want to take away almost haft of Vyn rites from the cad Vyns? You thinks it's ok for all Vyns to wait 21 days after rite is ready, but the group of excessive swapers (how many are they?) can not wait 21 days for the next rite?

We are talking about a few people want to postpone this another 11days casting the rite 21 days after it was ready b

We are taking about extending the time between casts from 32 days to 53 days just for a few people. That does not sound fair at all but selfish.

And then you get another cast ninjad and postpone it even further?

Maybe even all the faith swappers benefit if we get more rites instead waiting insane amount of time to get them casted.

Then maybe blame the people that ninja the casts rather than the ones trying to fairly organise them for the majority of the players to maximise the sleep bonus.

You are trying to maximize the sleep bonus gain for yourself and you buddies but taking it away from others! All the Vyn priest cant change faith and a lot of player do not. Thy would benefit from 60% more sleep bonus if we do not wait long.

Please think about it again: We are talking about 3 Weeks, 21 days additional waiting time. And that on a rite which could be done all 33-35 days on Cad.

5 minutes ago, timowi said:

You are trying to maximize the sleep bonus gain for yourself and you buddies but taking it away from others! All the Vyn priest cant change faith and a lot of player do not. Thy would benefit from 60% more sleep bonus if we do not wait long.

Please think about it again: We are talking about 3 Weeks, 21 days additional waiting time. And that on a rite which could be done all 33-35 days on Cad.

If you feel like myself and Sinnjinn do this to be selfish, I would only refer you to possibly 80% of all rites EVER casted on NFI and I imagine between us we are involved in most if not all.... We always try to do right by the community and if it wasn't for people ninjaring the casts we would almost have one every week.

Just FYI I have enough faith to cast every rite on every server without ever involving anyone again.... Its not about being selfish

Edited by Pnutp

You try to over optimize it for your people and not for a broader "community". It's doesn't feel public at all. Just Sinn or you telling in a more or less hiden way in some thread when it have to be done... Have never seen a public planning of your "optimizations"

I don not think you are actually optimizing something here. There is likely another rite ready for the swappers in 10 days (where you like to postpone the Vyn rite now). So they likely do not need this rite postponed. With your "optimizations" we just get less rites especially with this Vyn one on cad which seems to have only short time distance.

Hidden Posts? are you actually serious? All our posts are out there to be seen

Actually this thread is a good example. There never was a clear announcement. Just some "planing to do on ..." in some post. In harmony subforum it was even worse. Having it attached somewhere to an old thread.

No, I do not read every thread regularly but get noticed on new threads.

Unfortunately the forums don't have an ALL NFI section to place the post so can only be discussed in the sub sections, however each thread is bumped to the top every time its wrote on.

Maybe speak to the mods about a new category for you to make it more clear.

Oh creating a new thread "Planned Rite of Spring" with planned date in first post instead mentioning it somewhere in a "Another rite coming up" thread or in a month old Fo rite thread would be a good start. Come on, your slaying announcements are a perfect example how to do it.

While sharing is caring. Nothing is stopping you from casting a rite if you feel like it. Just know not everyone will agree with the time rites are cast. You can't please everyone and you never will. It's a sandbox game. SFI doesn't negotiate their rites. At least I haven't seen any posts recently. I for one could care less because I don't faith swap. I just don't think there is really a reason to argue one way or another. 

While I do see the need to make a new post for every rite clearly stating the day it will be cast and the time instead of necroing old threads.

Past this there is really no fix for this. Everyone has their own opinions some people care others don't. Why can't we all just get along. While it does suck when Rites get ninjaed just move on from it. If Rites get cast as soon as they are available there will almost be one up. All of these it's been ready for x- amount of time means nothing unless you were wanting to get it cast. Then when people start scheduling things everyone gets mad because theirs that's been ready for 30 days isn't cast but one that just got ready to be cast is up. I do agree that these should be either organized better with clear times regardless if something gets ninjaed or not time frames need to stay. 

You all do you though I'll be ready when the Melody Mag Rite is up =D

Thanks,

Sheriff