Sign in to follow this  
demondan

Worst MMO Ever? Wurmonline

I loved it  . i showed my wife and son the part when he says grow up. they both cracked up as much as I did... I 'd love to pay this guy to stream wurm for a couple months/   his video was at 30k view when i saw it.  the next morning was 160k views when i showed my wife.  then over 200k when i showed my son   334k now  and the best part of the video is around the 13-15 min mark.  we all know that pain from the first day we started playing.

he's advertising our game.....   Katspurr, factional fight.  you other streamers should interview him....

On 4/23/2022 at 5:14 PM, Archaed said:

For the record, Worst MMO Ever is the series he does, not the title of the wurm video. 

Don't make it clickbait

Well to be fair his series is about finding the worst MMO ever so just hope the series doesn't end here

Edited by Grotesque
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Grotesque said:

Well to be fair his series is about finding the worst MMO ever so just hope the series doesn't end here

unless somebody plans assassination, it's safe to believe he intends to make more money of the trend he made😁

• Like 1

Just ctrl+c ctrl+v of my thoughts from the other topic:

Very good video, but it's Josh, so it's kinda obvious.

For me, it's a good reminder of things, that I have forgotten or get used to.

- How hard it is, for new player, to do anything, and worse, how much time consuming. Players with good accounts dig, mine and build in seconds.

- How many clunky animations, no collision with objects and many other poorly done things it has. I think, we all just get used to it, after all those years, so we practically do not see it.

Every developer of Wurm Online should watch this video for sure.

• Like 7

I laughed so much while watching this video, he is 100% true about the absurdity that is Wurm. The review was very fair, both about the charm of Wurm and it's faults.

When he showed the riding animation I really wished that I could have shown him how we used to surf on our horses. 

• Like 2

On 4/26/2022 at 2:54 PM, elentari said:

I like his stuff, he does offer an unbiased account of games he covers and even admits when he makes mistakes (rare for youtubers these days ) . 

Gotta admit this one really drew my eye in regards to wurm pvp. 

It's something I also felt it's the main reason people avoid pvp. People hate losing their stuff to a hardcore super buff pvper they could never hope to defeat. Couple that with the grind of actually having to build pvp deeds, which is exhausting, then you have more and more reasons people avoid pvp altogether in wurm. Personally I think wurm should completely drop full loot pvp if we are ever to get fun pvp. But the small minority of pvpers will always be against that because they're in in for the loot. Which highlights the issue quite well I feel. 

video makes chaos sound like a meme

Chaos is a meme. I'm sorry, this isn't how we wanted you to find out

• Like 2

What's sad is that everything he said is what we as a community have been saying for years... It takes a semi popular Youtuber to make a video and get nearly 500k views for it to finally strike a cord and get an official "we know things aren't great" response. 

• Like 2

Three things I find of note:

1. Seeing all the little things through fresh eyes that we've learned how to compensate for that can be mystifying to new players.
  2. The digs about 10% completing the tutorial seem misplaced - 'free to play' is a very low bar and I wonder how many people download it only to discover that the game is complex, not what they're looking for, and just nope right out.  I suspect many.
  3. I have no way of confirming this, but it feels like there's been a noticeable uptick of new players lately?  I definitely appreciate his enthusiasm for where the game shines, and he correctly sees it as a niche game that the right sort of person would love.

Hence my wondering if there's been a minor influx of new players thinking - "Yes, this is what I've been looking for, let me try it out."  So I've been extra focused on helping players with 'new player' questions wherever I can.

• Like 2

Since seeing his video and subscribing to him, I just want to say I love the work he does to find the shiny bits in mmos, there's some hard games to love, and he does well in finding them

• Like 2