Sign in to follow this  
demondan

Worst MMO Ever? Wurmonline

For the record, Worst MMO Ever is the series he does, not the title of the wurm video. 

Don't make it clickbait

• Like 7

All his videos from this series are titled "Worst MMO ever? - [game name]", this was episode 64.

It's an interesting video overall, and no, is NOT about Wurm being the worst MMO ever.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

should be

DAE Wurm Bad? XDDDDDD

To the powers that be...

Gather all of the paid and volunteer developers and demand they sit down and watch and listen to this review.  Seriously, Josh has really given some great, meaningful, practical advice.  You really should take notes and select some can-do things from his review and create backlog items for them.  Even if you devote 1 or 2 days a month to focus on suggestions like these, Wurm Online will become more and more approachable.

• Like 28

Is the screen shake turned on by default? That thing is horrible. I wonder how many people just quit to avoid seeing that terrible visual effect, feels like the game becomes apoplectic. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Eyesgood said:

To the powers that be...

Gather all of the paid and volunteer developers and demand they sit down and watch and listen to this review.  Seriously, Josh has really given some great, meaningful, practical advice.  You really should take notes and select some can-do things from his review and create backlog items for them.  Even if you devote 1 or 2 days a month to focus on suggestions like these, Wurm Online will become more and more approachable.

Just do this ^^^

• Like 1

This review is honestly boarding on more fair than Wurm deserves. 

All the criticisms leveled are entirely fair and I definitely appreciated that Josh took the time to look through the masochism of this game to find it's redeeming qualities and charm. 

• Like 5

The clicky mechanic quite fit the medieval style gameplay, not everything was automatic, gave people a chill vibe. BTW there is a thing called hotkeys. 

Edited by Coach
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Eyesgood said:

To the powers that be...

And they be like: No, that's not true.

Most of his points been rised over and over in this forum for years, in the end going to be just like: That guy don't know what he's talking about

That is a great review. The right people (for Wurm) will realise they must absolutely play this game after watching it.

• Like 7

Worst MMO Ever? Wurmonline

arent wrong

9 hours ago, Archaed said:

For the record, Worst MMO Ever is the series he does, not the title of the wurm video. 

Don't make it clickbait

+1

9 hours ago, Evening said:

All his videos from this series are titled "Worst MMO ever? - [game name]", this was episode 64.

It's an interesting video overall, and no, is NOT about Wurm being the worst MMO ever.

+1

--edit

had to cross the clickbait part, best ad wurm had, ever!

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

He nailed it

I'm impressed. My respect for him has gone up a thousand times. He doesnt bash the game, and he is very well informed. He basically only complains about player retention, and how hard it is to get into. 

• Like 7

Thanks for this, I laughed so hard I had tears rolling down my cheeks! Absolutely the most realistic but fair review/playthrough I've ever seen for Wurm! 

• Like 3

It's an excellent review and recommends some attention to certain aspects of the game that with those developments could make it more attractive to newcomers and better retain recent players.

I do hope the developers all watch the video and hear that reviewer's perspective to gain some insight from those first entering the game rather than just the 'within the box' view they might normally come across.

It's new blood that keeps a game growing as a community.

Notice there was no mention of needing VR support ;)

• Like 1

Good review and an eye opener to me as to how new players may perceive Wurm.

Even attacked a donkey most brutal death sound ever! lol

3 minutes ago, Josuhacalvert said:

Even attacked a donkey most brutal death sound ever! lol

I know right? i have always thought that the donkey sound bites are too long and very annoying

• Like 2

Great review i've seen some of his other videos on this series and never thought he would review wurm online this is awesome!

• Like 2

This is actually a very well thought out review and it brought up a lot of good points I have never really thought of before. Ive never played many other MMOs and dont have a lot of frame of reference for what an MMO should be. So I think this puts a lot of things in a perspective a lot of us dont think about anymore, an outsider looking in. 

This is stuff we've been telling the devs for over 10 years, and somehow they still don't care and rather go into details of horse breeding than helping people learn the game so it doesn't have to struggle lol

awesome review.

• Like 1

I like his stuff, he does offer an unbiased account of games he covers and even admits when he makes mistakes (rare for youtubers these days ) . 

Gotta admit this one really drew my eye in regards to wurm pvp. 

It's something I also felt it's the main reason people avoid pvp. People hate losing their stuff to a hardcore super buff pvper they could never hope to defeat. Couple that with the grind of actually having to build pvp deeds, which is exhausting, then you have more and more reasons people avoid pvp altogether in wurm. Personally I think wurm should completely drop full loot pvp if we are ever to get fun pvp. But the small minority of pvpers will always be against that because they're in in for the loot. Which highlights the issue quite well I feel. 

• Like 2

I wouldnt say the worst, but limited that most MMO fans dont like long, hard grinding, etc. Losing their stuffs during hardcore pvp, there are some out there they rather play instead of this.

All i can say, Wurm just need upgrade, its very old game. The environment graphics is alright, just the animation mostly. IE: in a rowboat? well am i suppose to be rowing? doesnt look like it, having wave while moving in the water would be nice. There alot of things can be added, but over the years, got rejected and most players gave up on it.

I use to play on those hardcore games, such as mortal online, darkfall, etc. full loot pvp system. But now most older players just cant handle that anymore, getting stress out and rage quit, isnt good at all.

Edited...

Forgot to mention, how annoying those crash to desktop can be. Sadly they cant seem to help you with it, even if you try contact them about it. But the good news, some players does try to help (if they can).

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit
  • Like 2