Sign in to follow this  
Ayuna

Things we collect

Any of you collect anything in particular in Wurm? 

I collect interesting animals that are being cared for by players who have long ago left Wurm. Yesterday I found a Mule called Peanut that is cared for. Never seen a mule before, so it's an unusual find for me. So I'm keeping him.

• Like 4

I collect coins.  

Seriously, I keep a set of rares from foraging etc, but I also have coins that people have named for whatever reason and I keep them, too.   They have no value beyond their face value, because anybody can rename a coin, but I hold on to them anyway.

Not so much collect as <ahem> accumulate (i.e. hoard) almost any equipment left behind to decay on an undeed.  I repair it and bring it home and rack it.  I maintain and imp it and give it away to anyone who needs something, but let's face it I wind up giving away much less than I gather.  I do have a bunch of stuff made in unusual choices of material, so I assume was made for some mission or other. 

I had to make extra racks a while back, so I am up to 3 or 4 armour racks, 5 weapons racks, 2 bow racks, 2 polearm racks, 3 small chests, a couple of coffers and about 5 large chests.  So I guess I also collect storage  😄.

Edit:  Oh, I also collect green.

Edited by TheTrickster

Collect people😈, the kind people and turn them into ..... more kind people 😊

I show them what i collected when they come to my deed 😁. Most of them are unlocked in a walkable area. Welcome and help urself.

• Like 2

I collect archaeology finds. Mostly items with two runes, which I use as my main tools after I imped and enchanted them. Also interesting stuff with useless enchants, like a branch with bloodthirst on it (my favourite one). 

• Like 1

Flowers, flower pots, and flower arrangements. It's obscene how many I have hanging around on deed. 

When I'm out and about and see certain colors in the wild... It's a compulsion where my cavewoman brain tells me I must take it. I've gotten in a sitaution a few times because of that.

• Like 3

Yule goats. I decided i need 100 of those and then its enough goats. Currently i got like 60-70 i think.

• Like 1

I collect kingdom banners. They are fun, because each one is unique, so they really liven up the deed. In doing so, they preserve the history of Wurm... or more specifically the Chaos server.

Collecting something like that makes Wurm more fun for me. It's a nice hobby :) 

I have an insatiable proclivity for goblin skulls as well as corpses which I nicely keep stored under my bed when availability offers. 🤫

• Like 2

Anything that has a rare+ shimmer. It’s bad…

• Like 1

I started by recovering large anvils from fallen deeds - they're almost always left behind on even the most picked over deeds.  And with the maker's tag, I like to think that it's a way of keeping a memory of that deed alive.  I've since tried to record the deed name, the location, and the Wurm year it was recovered ... because I've started building a museum to showcase them.

I5J6ihf.jpg

On 4/23/2022 at 10:34 AM, Ulost said:

Yule goats. I decided i need 100 of those and then its enough goats. Currently i got like 60-70 i think.

The tiny figurines from 2021?  If it's the full-sized goats from 2014 that certainly explains why I can't find them any more!

6 hours ago, MordosKull said:

I have an insatiable proclivity for goblin skulls as well as corpses which I nicely keep stored under my bed when availability offers. 🤫

Skull collectors, unite!

xsOmlQE.jpg?1

• Like 8
  • Cat 1

4 hours ago, Sidereal said:

I started by recovering large anvils from fallen deeds - they're almost always left behind on even the most picked over deeds.  And with the maker's tag, I like to think that it's a way of keeping a memory of that deed alive.  I've since tried to record the deed name, the location, and the Wurm year it was recovered ... because I've started building a museum to showcase them.

I5J6ihf.jpg

The tiny figurines from 2021?  If it's the full-sized goats from 2014 that certainly explains why I can't find them any more!

Skull collectors, unite!

xsOmlQE.jpg?1

Sidereal, what should I do with anvils I find at abandoned places? Should I mail them to you? Or does this only work when this is being lived in the moment?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MordosKull said:

I managed to just dodge the skull obsession.  I forced myself to stop at 3 small chests and a bunch in a large chest.  

I am also glad I am not the only one stashing my corpses under the bed.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ayuna said:

Sidereal, what should I do with anvils I find at abandoned places? Should I mail them to you? Or does this only work when this is being lived in the moment?

Oh my that would be lovely, yes please feel free to mail me anvils that are recovered from fallen deeds!  Happy to cover the COD for that as well :)

If possible, please rename the anvil with some information about where and when it was found - something like:  (Celebration - U18 - 3/15/22) and I can calculate the approximate Wurm date from the real world date.   If you also happen to know the deed name, either via archaeology or personal knowledge of the area, please include that as well.  And if the deed name won't fit on the item, feel free to PM me.  Deed names are the most difficult to recover and I don't have them for most items.

I can imp the anvil enough to recover the maker name and then give it a fitting, museum quality placard like so:

1Fuy172.jpg

Edited by Sidereal
  • Like 7

Archaeology wood scrap, obtained either from carving branches into shafts, or having a character with no skill at Ship Building try to hammer pegs and tenons into a knarr. (In the latter case, you'll get a bit of wood scrap on the ground when the peg or tenon decays completely from repeated failure.) I've mainly used this to make unusual paper types, by combining scraps to make more of the archaeology wood types. My almanac reports are printed on their corresponding wood type (lingonberrywood paper for a lingonberry report, etc.) The exception being hops, I just use papyrus for that one.

Related to this, I have a few grapewood grape trellis, and rosewood rose trellis.

I also have a treasure chest with actual treasure in it, because that seemed like a nice thing to have. Any gems or rare coins I've found have gone into it, along with a couple pieces of rare jewelery I've managed to produce but don't plan to use in the near future.

• Like 6

On 4/25/2022 at 11:27 PM, Avaxas said:

Archaeology wood scrap, obtained either from carving branches into shafts, or having a character with no skill at Ship Building try to hammer pegs and tenons into a knarr. (In the latter case, you'll get a bit of wood scrap on the ground when the peg or tenon decays completely from repeated failure.) I've mainly used this to make unusual paper types, by combining scraps to make more of the archaeology wood types. My almanac reports are printed on their corresponding wood type (lingonberrywood paper for a lingonberry report, etc.) The exception being hops, I just use papyrus for that one.

You may know this already, but you can also use these scraps to change the affinity of an alcoholic beverage during fermentation.

I used to collect gnomes, but after moving to NFI, that's not really a thing. If they are ever introduced to NFI I will be collecting them again.

On 4/23/2022 at 9:34 AM, Ulost said:

hMM3mWq.jpg

• Like 4