Sign in to follow this  
Yggdrasil

It's about time

Many of us have heard the recent arguments claiming that certain users are more toxic than sfi.

We've heard about players griefing each other

Harassing each other

Being terrible to each other and letting drama drive players to quit

Along with market manipulation and underhanded tactics 

We've also seen many concerns about the economic impact it has, causing price hikes and various issues by introducing exclusives to SFI

I however think the solution is clear, it's about time we remove chaos from the SFI cluster 

1 minute ago, Yggdrasil said:

chaos froth e SFI clue

The riddle is in. Chaos is best.

• Like 1

It's weird cause in my experience PVE players were more toxic than PVP ones.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Many of us have heard the recent arguments claiming that certain users are more toxic than sfi.

We've heard about players griefing each other

Harassing each other

Being terrible to each other and letting drama drive players to quit

Along with market manipulation and underhanded tactics 

We've also seen many concerns about the economic impact it has, causing price hikes and various issues by introducing exclusives to SFI

I however think the solution is clear, it's about time we remove chaos from the SFI cluster 

Because when i played SFI when it first released no one was ever doing any of this stuff :P 

Both servers will suffer from all of this but NFI might have a increase in some due to the population but im yet to meet anyone who i dislike 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wsrich said:

Because when i played SFI when it first released no one was ever doing any of this stuff :P 

Both servers will suffer from all of this but NFI might have a increase in some due to the population but im yet to meet anyone who i dislike 

No no my friend

My point is, the reasons people are arguing against merging, also apply to chaos. Yet nobody has an issue with chaos being in the SFI

4 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

No no my friend

My point is, the reasons people are arguing against merging, also apply to chaos. Yet nobody has an issue with chaos being in the SFI

i read that wrong sorry, i think they should connect it to NFI too might make it more populated on Chaos as it will be a SFI / NFI battle lol 

Well, I want to contradict the notion that PvP players in general are more toxic and hostile than PvE players.

Granted PvPers bash one another, especially between factions. Yet mature PvP players consider that from a more sportive attitude. Reasonable PvP players mostly avoid unfair practices like ganking, and also strive (though this often fails and upends PvP servers) to avoid unipolar superiority driving away the inferior faction. 

Moreover, PvP players practice a level of solidarity and camaradery inside factions (or sub-factions like clans, or kingdoms here), they strive to train newcomers and provide them with appropriate outfit, instead of trying to pry maximum profit out of them.

In PvE, especially in Wurm, ways more bitter conflicts may develop, out of fairly minor problems, or even non problems. In PvE, you cannot confront and kill (if you can) an offender, and there are ample opportunities to make your life hell if some scoundrel or psychopath chooses so. There are also clashes of interest, especially in off deed territory, roads, mines etc. which to reconcile can prove very difficult. Most of the toxic attitudes some players described as adverse NFI experience may have arisen out of those conflicts, and an accordingly defensive and suspicious attitude.

And yes, we live in SFI with many players who regularly play on Chaos, even more who resettled from Epic. I never had a problem due to this origin.

Edit: That said, I recall to have heard about conflicts and weird conduct of groups of Chaos players in my area, long time before I started playing. With some, kind of arrogant attitude toward "Freedumbers" may exist. But it is easy to avoid them. 

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 3

You do know the toxic players would still like play right and they'd still have like deeds on SFI right? Also the SFI market is already hit with a shovel not sure what removing Chaos would do there.

Edited by user

Yes remove chaos(isnt this just a PMK factory anyway?) and Defiance, restart Epic and make that the only PVP server, remove the extra skillgain on Epic and allow skill to be transfered.

Freedom players fit your description a whole heck of alot more than chaos players. I mean look at that User guy above, he is a Deli player and guy is an absolute bully.

@Yggdrasileverything you listed happens on SFI lol… I see more drama on GL-Chat in 5 minutes then I’ve seen on Chaos in 15 years.

@Yggdrasilhave you directly had a conversation with anyone from Chaos? I feel like everyone is pretty knowledgeable and kind to most generally everyone. Hard to put a label on an entire player base with a handful of bad players.

There are a lot of “we, we’ve” in your statement, yet everyone seems to be posting positive things about PvPers in general. There are rules in place that keep players in-general from doing anything extreme in the grief department and if someone is grief’n they are usually dealt with fast(on the Freedom islands). Regarding the market, it’s player driven… capitalism is a ###### ain’t it?

Edited by Holar

1 hour ago, Holar said:

@Yggdrasileverything you listed happens on SFI lol… I see more drama on GL-Chat in 5 minutes then I’ve seen on Chaos in 15 years.

@Yggdrasilhave you directly had a conversation with anyone from Chaos? I feel like everyone is pretty knowledgeable and kind to most generally everyone. Hard to put a label on an entire player base with a handful of bad players.

There are a lot of “we, we’ve” in your statement, yet everyone seems to be posting positive things about PvPers in general. There are rules in place that keep players in-general from doing anything extreme in the grief department and if someone is grief’n they are usually dealt with fast(on the Freedom islands). Regarding the market, it’s player driven… capitalism is a ###### ain’t it?

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/189994-its-about-time/&do=findComment&comment=1902318

I'm not actually calling for chaos removal, just pointing out that a lot of the talking points against NFI apply to chaos

Mind you, they apply liberally and not literally. Griefing isn't really a thing on a war server where you can get killed for it

Edited by Yggdrasil

On 4/20/2022 at 8:25 PM, Votip said:

remove freedom from SFI cluster

So move it to the NFI cluster? I guess that's one way to get the merger over with.