Ajala

Transmutation liquids page

reading the page suggests the amounts needed are

PvE on deed with a citizen : base amount

PvP anywhere : x 1.5 base amount

PvE off deed : x 1.5 base amount

PvE on deed not a citizen : x 2 base amount

I don't have much experience using transmutation liquids but it seems strange to me that it costs more for a non citizen on a deed than it does off deed. Are we sure that it's not x 1.5 base amount on deed where you're not a citizen same as it is off deed ?

I haven't independently verified that particular fact.

The statement about it being 2x was added to the page earlier today by Sidereal, I just changed the formatting and wording.

Here's my source: 

That's some fine editing, Ajala.  Everything reads much more cleanly and the topic organization is vastly improved, thank you!

I wonder if it's worth adding a note about the rounding weirdness?  I don't remember the specific details, but I wind up using 6750 'quality-liters' as my target because I remember tiles being almost but not quite transformed when I used the (6700/ql)*solid_weight formula.  May also be worth mentioning that perimeter counts as on-deed for determining how much liquid is required - I have personally verified this and it's certainly a little different than our usual expectations of how the perimeter behaves.

And I agree, Explora - it seems super counter-intuitive, especially since a non-citizen needs permissions to do the transmutation in the first place.  Although I haven't confirmed it with my own eyes, working with Draxxle last night left me with very high confidence level that this is in fact the case:  one standard dose transformed the tile just over halfway, another dose of the exact same size completed the transformation.

Edited by Sidereal
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sidereal said:

I wonder if it's worth adding a note about the rounding weirdness?  I don't remember the specific details, but I wind up using 6750 'quality-liters' as my target because I remember tiles being almost but not quite transformed when I used the (6700/ql)*solid_weight formula. 

I think that's already in there under Usage Notes. Not my text, but I think it's what you're referring to.

I've added a note about perimeters counting as on-deed too, thanks.

On 4/20/2022 at 11:27 PM, Ajala said:

I've added a note about perimeters counting as on-deed too, thanks.

I just removed this line as experience suggests it may not be correct.