Sign in to follow this  
wsrich

Connecting Island NFI - SFI - Chaos

So to anyone who has read the posts going around you will know people just want this to go either way and put it to bed and people deal with the changes good or bad - if we was told Yes or No for the merge i feel either option will disappoint someone and i feel they are kind of ignoring it to try and not make any party make rash decisions of cutting ties on either server if they are split severing. I think it would be nice for a definite answer pull the plaster off quick and lets start healing and put minds to rest and end all these discussions on the matter as I'm for one wanting to move forward with whatever will be. 

So i have already said this in "its about time" post but I think it deserves a spot for itself so my suggestion is  

Why don't we have a island set up with NPC merchants that can sell items on behalf of "Wurmonline" to balance the prices on both sides < optional. But the main focus is that the island is where the cross over would be from SFI - NFI and people could go there and move on forward to the other side but doing so "Optional" Could cost a transfer token or be free or be one time. so people can get there accounts back to where they want them to live. there is 100's of solutions to this problem and I'm sure there could be one that would accommodate both sides so there is minimal soreness. the island could be a gateway to chaos too for the NFI people. 

I speak for a lot of players who just want a solution and make it work for all. but the end result we need a poll or something or even to be told a yes or no - even if the answer is Yes we are but its going to be in X amount of time. 

Kind of thinking this is just going to get messy without answers as its starting to be a major topic and its annoying people including myself to the point of me wondering if i can trust the system with my investment and time. SFI i had sunk a lot of both into and NFI even more so and its not good on a trust level or a professional level to keep people waiting around for answers while they are spending money mothballing there accounts and holding deeds down on the other servers. its not a good thing to do to paying customers best to just let us know what the plan is and let us deal with it and stop people bleeding money into something that's never going to come and we can then cut ties and stop paying for those extra deeds / accounts 

Not trying to be funny but its just something i wouldn't do even if I was desperate for extra income in the game - its killing trust and respect of the players and the big players who have these investments and they are the ones who you want to be loyal not questioning things, more respect will come out with answers.

Edited by wsrich
  • Like 5

I agree, if we just had a yes or no then we could move on and make better decisions. if being able to sail to PVP was a make or break then we could move to SFI, or if we wanted to be able to trade with everyone and have a united community and were holding our breath, we could breathe again either way. The not knowing is driving a lot of us insane with what to do. I for one really want the merger to happen and would love to have a deed on more islands with more characters which would be more money into the game. I feel a lot of people agree with that. I also feel people are going to get bored with no risk of PVE and will want to set up on PVP without having to start over. I for one have put more money into Wurm then I wish to admit lol, and because of this I would most likely take a large break from the game before transferring to SFI to gain the features I'm wanting that I didn't know NFI was without. PLEASE MERGE!!! lol

• Like 1

I'm not for server transfers. Most of NFI is not on the same level of SFI characters and never will be. Making multiple posts about this issue isn't going to get it to be resolved any time soon. The main option would be to play the game. Playing Wurm shouldn't be about whether your on NFI or SFI it should be about having fun. If your not having fun in the game then maybe that is something that you need to address personally. If you want to play on one cluster versus the other that is your choice. If you want to play on both that is also your choice. 

The only thing I personally would like to see is the Kingdom Guard towers and wagons added into NFI so that PvE players have access to them just like the SFI toons do for more diversity in building and designing deeds.

Sheriff

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

Most of NFI is not on the same level of SFI characters and never will be

Not sure that statement is correct. but that's my opinion people are no different on any server for the 13+ years i have played from gold and never thought of server populations being different. the only difference is prices. skill wise NFI in some cases out skills SFI as more people grinding 

Edited by wsrich
  • Like 5
  • Cat 1

Alright, let's go by parts said Jack the Ripper.  This post has different edges:

1) Connecting NFI with SFI

1b) what is intended by "connecting": common market? free travelling between clusters?

2) Ideas for uniting markets (ex: the island)

3) Decisive response on behalf of the developer teams

Above all, OP's is a personal opinion, and as such is totally respectable (as with ANY opinion on ANY topic by ANY person).

Edited by Ltnicolas
added 1b )
  • Like 1

They didn't make any promise about a merge on SFI and NFI before and after the steam launch.

Why people assume there will be a merge.

I guess they would say they don't have a plan for a merge in the near future.

• Like 2

Mods have been talking about and supporting a merge idea.

• Like 1

Then wait for their proposal. As u can see on the Development Update 2022-04-07,

On 4/8/2022 at 7:56 AM, Keenan said:

As I suspect Exploration will push into late spring or early summer for the second update, the rest of the year will be dedicated to the things I mentioned previously.

On 4/8/2022 at 7:56 AM, Keenan said:

This will also include the aforementioned bug fixing and quality of life improvements, which will become more frequent.

Then i guess they would say they don't have a plan for a merge at least for a year. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Coach said:

Then wait for their proposal. As u can see on the Development Update 2022-04-07,

Then i guess they would say they don't have a plan for a merge at least for a year. 

And yet to be seen staying on track, with the roadmaps.

• Cat 1

We the people set the roadmaps in a way. if they want people to keep putting money into the game then they will do what we want. 

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

1 hour ago, Coach said:

They didn't make any promise about a merge on SFI and NFI before and after the steam launch.

Why people assume there will be a merge.

I guess they would say they don't have a plan for a merge in the near future.

And the point i have made is to Highlight a set answer "Yes" or "No" in the merge, I've not said anything about assuming anything just i feel they need to make a clear or clarify what they intend to do to address the situation. if they don't want a merge then would be respectful to tell people so we don't keep ties open on SFI in hope they one day do. 

Assumption is not the way i intended to go when joining NFI but i "Expected" clarification on the matter as do many others. as this is not the first time they have made new servers and its not the first time they have merged servers so it would be nice to know since so many people would like a answer if they intend to or not as currently a lot of people are bleeding money into different servers keeping interests alive in case of a merger and its at a respect to customer level to make the people know where we all stand so we can break the ties that are not needed. i for one have made my bed moving to NFI i would love my old accounts over here with me but out of decency i think a definite answer would be nice as its a shifty thing to not give direct answers and let people keep spending money on a whim, as the only mention about it from dev side is "maybe" and that gets peoples hopes up and makes them think there could be a chance so people spend more money keeping things ticking over. kinda not fair at all 

That's all I'm asking and i have put forward a suggestion to a merger that would be less of a blow to both sides with options that could work for all parties. 

Edited by wsrich

No Merge Ever! I'll keep saying it on every post of this sort. The devs have NEVER said there'd be a merge. There's never been a post from them suggesting that they're even looking into it. I would think you'd get the picture at some point.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DaletheGood said:

No Merge Ever! I'll keep saying it on every post of this sort. The devs have NEVER said there'd be a merge. There's never been a post from them suggesting that they're even looking into it. I would think you'd get the picture at some point.

So youre saying theres a chance?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, DaletheGood said:

Rolf actually said it would happen when it was all being planned out. i miss Rolf so much.  WO Steam Discussion - City Hall - Wurm Online Forum

Edited by wsrich
  • Like 1

Is the idea of a piece of land you haven't seen before really that enticing? 

That's all a marge brings, a new mix of tiles 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Archaed said:

Is the idea of a piece of land you haven't seen before really that enticing? 

That's all a marge brings, a new mix of tiles 

Nah, it lets those from SFI who took advantage of the new servers by grinding and inflating the market, and their bank accounts, to move that money back to SFI now that they're bored with it.

I'm against it.

• Like 2

In meantime, the numbers go down.So much bad decisions have been made, i guess. Obviously there have been lack of care to retain new players that either don't have time to "no-life" wurm, or new players that don't have hundreds or thousands of euros to pour into the game, after the steam launch on NFI.

I wish the unique IP stats been released for perhaps more proper picture for current player base situation.

I am -1 for server merge at this point and even more against when NFI shrivels up and die. Let those that have too much time on their hand have their monopoly on NFI. And those that wanna have some peace and do their own thing without so many "reputable" players putting their nose into it. It just sucks for those that invested too much, or those that been trolled into joining either clusters under false advertisment

• Like 1

I'm against a merge too, this is just either a desire to capitalise on a market, or just wanting to look at different tiles. 

End of the day they're two distinct communities, and merging them waters down both, rather than celebrates their uniqueness. 

• Like 7
  • Cat 1

49 minutes ago, Archaed said:

I'm against a merge too, this is just either a desire to capitalise on a market, or just wanting to look at different tiles. 

End of the day they're two distinct communities, and merging them waters down both, rather than celebrates their uniqueness. 

No offense but that sounds like an argument you would have heard in the early 1900s to continue segregating people and communities IRL.

Do we not all agree that segregation is bad?

Wurm is not going to suddenly die if there's a merge of which a real eventuality was proposed by staff back when NFI/Steam became a thing.

• Like 7

So how about a counter offer. If you want to go play on SFI so bad then why not implement a Store Purchase that will allow you to transfer your toon with your skills and your silvers over to SFI as a one time purchase. That would solve the issue for people who want to go experience SFI so bad. 

• Like 1

This isn't speculation. We already have data of what happens when you merge. It improves nothing, and only destroys the newer servers.

This was proven with Pristine and Release, then again with Xanadu. It only benefits a handful of older players on the older servers, and only for a short time, and is completely destructive to the communities and the economies of the newer isolated servers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MordosKull said:

No offense but that sounds like an argument you would have heard in the early 1900s to continue segregating people and communities IRL.

Wurm is not going to suddenly die if there's a merge of which a real eventuality was proposed by staff back when NFI/Steam became a thing.

Holy cow, invoking racial oppression as an argument regarding game servers.  We have achieved a new low.  

EDIT:  And starting with "no offense" doesn't actually diminish how offensive it is.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 2
  • Cat 1

1 hour ago, MordosKull said:

Wtf? 

• Like 2

😆

I mean, you're arguing segregation. It's what came to mind.

• Like 2