Sign in to follow this  
Weslock

Please let's merge or at least open Defiance so NFI can exxperiance the game to its full potential

I'm in two pretty large alliances on NFI and 99% of us want to either be able to Merge with SFI or at the very least have a chaos type server to be able to sail and transfer things to and from. I've talked in GL-Freedom and mostly everyone agrees that this would really make the game more enjoyable. Others and I have spent lots of money and time on NFI not knowing the game and now that we have learned, we find that we have wasted a lot of time and money. I only option is to either quit playing or spend more money and redo all the work we've done in SFI. Please don't make us do this. Help us to enjoy what we have by allowing us to do everything the game has to offer. Thank you

for me the only option is merge nothing else 

• Like 9

I started out on NFI with no real knowledge of the game and tbh it feels bad everytime I see anything SFI related and theres different guard towers, colourful Wagon designs, and all the other items we just can't get on NFI.

For me the primary purpose of the game is creativity and I can only see the option to build a wider variety of designs on NFI as beneficial.

I'm personally not that bothered about the Economy side of it so not going to make an argument either way on that front.

Edited by HawkHawk
  • Like 3

People are restricted on NFI for these colourful wagons and PMK's and the rest of it, but also some of us old SFI players have mothballed toons and deeds that we spend 1000's of hours on and 100's of silvers on to keep them prem to just mothball them and start again. 

As a current NFI player now i feel there is a lot we are missing out on and i feel its very restricted in what we can and cant do compared to SFI one main thing is the PMK's and the fact we have a portal that we go to a second life kind of thing as a PVP seems like a way to make people spend more silvers ingame as you cant bring your own items. 

The game was dead before i moved to NFI and it was depressing but now we have the player count why not open it up to just let everyone experience wurm how it should be. seems sad that we have separated like this and locked off from our old assets 

It's about time - Suggestions & Ideas - Wurm Online Forum  << This is the post that has got the attention but its been years now and still no move. would be nice for someone to say "Yes its in the pipeline" or "No its never going to happen" as then i would make a hard decision and cut my ties on one side instead of being kept in limbo holding on to something that's never going to happen.  

• Like 1

The reasons for keeping a separation between NFI and SFI are now moot.

...and so I will say it once again, Wurmians Without Borders!

• Like 8

If i remember correctly, Defiance was created this way because people asked for a PvP server which doesn't allow for what happens on Chaos, like farming PMK stuff to sell it to PvE players, having a safe heaven just a border cross away to PvE server and so on. Players were asking for this exact solution for years.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Locath said:

having a safe heaven just a border cross away to PvE server and so on. Players were asking for this exact solution for years.

Epic was this solution for years...did it work? No. It's as dead as Chaos or defiance. 

We already had solutions. People just didn't invest in them. 

In any case, I'm down for a merge. Stop isolating players from each other, it's just dumb and destructive at this point. 

Edited by elentari
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, elentari said:

Stop isolating players from each other, it's just dumb and destructive at this point.

Oh i'm not against the merge, including Epic in some shape.

I'm just saying that i remember players asking for this exactly and throwing this idea in multiple threads.

Why was this one implemented and some of the other ideas weren't is up for debate but it originated from players.

Well, there's certain very reputable players that are in charge on who plays on NFI, Also claimed to speak on behalf of all NFI players and no one want to join SFI because there's very evil and greedy players on SFI. There was threats they would even quit the game if such a merge get to happen, so lets not stress anyone there and lets them keep separated.  Maybe you guys should ask them for permission first if you wanna play on other cluster as well.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

3 hours ago, Weslock said:

I'm in two pretty large alliances on NFI and 99% of us want to either be able to Merge with SFI or at the very least have a chaos type server to be able to sail and transfer things to and from.

People like to be merged/grouped tend to form a large alliance. Where people play in their little deed or alliance mostly like to interact with people with certain limit. It just different gameplay styles.

So that doesn't mean 99% of wurmian want to merge with SFI or have a chaos type server to be able to sail and transfer things. 

1 hour ago, Locath said:

Defiance was created this way because people asked for a PvP server which doesn't allow for what happens on Chaos, Players were asking for this exact solution for years.

The SFI PVP affect PVE(sailing) more than the NFI PVP affect PVE(portal). Because of sailing VS portal mechanic.

I would say the mechanic of NFI is more PVE friendly and SFI is more PVP friendly. So its two different mechanics which attract people with different interests.

People need to aware NFI PVP and PVE items are separated because of the portal mechanic. If they introduce PMK to NFI PVP, don't think people would see any PMK wagon designs on NFI PVE. 

Whatever the merge is, the separation of items on PVP and PVE are the basic mechanic of how NFI works. Because its to prevent the things happen on Chaos, like

1 hour ago, Locath said:

like farming PMK stuff to sell it to PvE players, having a safe heaven just a border cross away to PvE server and so on.

1 hour ago, elentari said:

Epic was this solution for years...did it work? No. It's as dead as Chaos or defiance. 

We already had solutions. People just didn't invest in them. 

Sound like people are heavily invest in PVE servers.

Only reason they havent merged it is becouse devs making coins, how many ppl doesnt have double up with premmed chars and deeds? Thats way we still a way away from merging.

What I'm not understanding is, if SFI and all the things associated with it that are being discussed are so great, why are the people who were on SFI now on NFI?

Why not just play there?

If I wanted the SFI experience, couldn't I just make a toon on SFI? Or is it closed?

Mostly when I see reference to 'the old servers' in chat, it is along the lines of "if I could bring my old toon, I'd win this fight with you."

It just sounds like "I want to bring my uber stuff from my old account on SFI to NFI so I can kick all the newbies butts - or sell my uber stuff."

Which for me, personally, is every reason NOT to merge.  Why would I want my relative skills to be set back years?

Help me understand. Why not just still play on those servers if they have everything wanted?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Stinboi said:

Only reason they havent merged it is becouse devs making coins, how many ppl doesnt have double up with premmed chars and deeds? Thats way we still a way away from merging.

Which is a very valid reason.

The ONLY reason to be in business  - to make money.  If you aren't in it to make money, you aren't in business.

1 minute ago, Homestead said:

What I'm not understanding is, if SFI and all the things associated with it that are being discussed are so great, why are the people who were on SFI now on NFI?

Why not just play there?

If I wanted the SFI experience, couldn't I just make a toon on SFI? Or is it closed?

Mostly when I see reference to 'the old servers' in chat, it is along the lines of "if I could bring my old toon, I'd win this fight with you."

It just sounds like "I want to bring my uber stuff from my old account on SFI to NFI so I can kick all the newbies butts - or sell my uber stuff."

Which for me, personally, is every reason NOT to merge.  Why would I want my relative skills to be set back years?

Help me understand. Why not just still play on those servers if they have everything wanted?

Becouse most plays on both sfi and nfi.

And new people on nfi didnt now when started, its not just to start a new chars when you have spent hundreds of hours on

4 minutes ago, Stinboi said:

Becouse most plays on both sfi and nfi.

And new people on nfi didnt now when started, its not just to start a new chars when you have spent hundreds of hours on

Which doesn't answer WHY you are on NFI if you can play on SFI.

1 hour ago, Coach said:

People need to aware NFI PVP and PVE items are separated because of the portal mechanic. If they introduce PMK to NFI PVP, don't think people would see any PMK wagon designs on NFI PVE. 

I appreciate the portal mechanic on NFI means the way these items find their way into SFI is not possible here.

What I don't understand is why not add another way of making these items accessible on NFI? Even if its a trader in a capital city selling a skin or just another option on the crafting menu.

Edit:and if people are that worried about people farming these items to sell them make the currency/system for buying them on NFI account bound/non-tradeable.

When the effort of designing and adding these items to the game has already taken place it seems like the only outcome of not having them accessible on NFI (one way or another) is a smaller choice when it comes to customizing your deed.

Edited by HawkHawk

2 hours ago, Stinboi said:

Maybe the people spending so much if that was to decrease then it might hit home and the players listened to ? 

kinda depressing me this whole splitting thing up as i have real time and money invested in both sides 1000's of pounds on each server and i would like to regroup it all. kinda not fair 

1 hour ago, HawkHawk said:

Edit:and if people are that worried about people farming these items to sell them make the currency/system for buying them on NFI account bound/non-tradeable.

The thing is, PMK items are inherently stealable and probably shouldn't be made "safe from being stolen" by account binding them to the creator?

In the end, they are just decoration, they have no advantage over Freedom or base kingdom items of the same type but it's the design which makes them cost much more than their Freedom equivalents.

There have been "troll" kingdoms created, just for the purpose of submitting a design and then producing the items for sale on Freedom.

But, on the other hand, many people had lots of fun raiding other PMKs to steal their stuff and sell it for profit.

This sparked a lot of people asking for disconnection of Chaos from Freedom and/or a server which items can't leave.

There is only one way to make people for and against this happy: Separate server.

People who don't like the idea stay on Chaos

People who do want that setup, where everyone you meet is a PvPer and not someone's friend who only came over to pump out 100s of unfinished guard towers, move to the new server with new rules.

To the extent that many people dropped their often years old characters and started over, only because this is exactly what they asked for.

I have no horse in this race, i don't do PvP in Wurm but i do have friends who left Chaos for Defiance because of exactly this difference. They didn't need a "fresh start with everyone so that they can be good at it" because they are already good on SFI.  What appealed to them is this difference between the 2 PvP servers.

Edited by Locath

Well this is a very complicated issue to say the least.

To just say merge no matter the what happens after the merge isnt the route to go, Rolf tried that in the past and that basicly killed all the home servers as the only solution where to start over on a new land.

There are things to consider as in what happens to the ingame economy, how will the NFI player act when they go to SFI land ? How will SFI players act when going to NFI ? 

The economy will go one way and one only, and that is DOWN. The game will loose prem income as there will be less prem:ed accounts. The players on NFI will probably be overrun by crafters on SFI cluster and that will mean that SFI crafters will be able to sell more items to higher prizes or just stick to the current prices on the SFI cluster. That would in turn make less people sign up / stay in the game.

With that said i would be one of the players flooding SFI with cheaper good (slightly higher prices then NFI has now) and make plenty of coin of it. But whats good for me arent good for the game as a whole.

So if one takes the economy in mind Its a bust.

Community wise it would probably be a  good thing, i say probably as there are pits to fall into here as well. As a player on SFI side i enjoy being able to tinker on my deed and not having people running around my deeds. I dont want to go back to putting up walls around the deed but i probably would have to if the clusters are joined as i have bad experiences from such things in the past.

technicly its probably a easy thing to do, but is it good for the game in the long run... NOPE.

Keep as is, the staff wont loose money from less prem:ed accounts och coin sells etc.

The only way i could see it done are to use a portar where you leave the stuff/coffers etc in limbo, you can then step into the other "world"... but the NFI and SFI economys and item database should never be merged as it will probaly have long lasting ripples of badness with it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Daash said:

The only way i could see it done are to use a portar where you leave the stuff/coffers etc in limbo, you can then step into the other "world"... but the NFI and SFI economys and item database should never be merged as it will probaly have long lasting ripples of badness with it.

We got a similar idea. Not when. But how. SFI+NFI merging.

Edited by Coach

that defeats the purpose for me. i want to design my wagon and flags and be able to sail to and from PVP servers 

1 hour ago, Daash said:

As a player on SFI side i enjoy being able to tinker on my deed and not having people running around my deeds. I dont want to go back to putting up walls around the deed but i probably would have to if the clusters are joined as i have bad experiences from such things in the past.

This. I don't care about the economy, but I do care about having hordes of Steam players running around the SFI lands. No Merge Ever! That's my position and I'm sticking to it.

• Like 2

you know you can buy Wurm unlimited and play by yourself

• Like 2