Sign in to follow this  
Katrat

Game will not launch.

I logged on earlier and was having an odd glitch issue so I logged out and restarted my pc then tried to relaunch wurm. It says it's launching but then nothing happens.

I looked in task manager and it's not even in the lists.

Edited by Katrat

Reinstalled the wurm  exe and still having the same issue. Is anyone even reading this?

• Like 1

Try deleting your config folder and launching the game again, sometimes the configs will get corrupted and have to be cleared out.

• Like 1

Which one? The one under wurm or the one under Katrat?

Deleted the one under Katrat with todays date and still having the same issue.

Edited by Katrat

The one under Wurm. There should be folders called Configs Packs Players. Either delete or rename the Configs folder there.

Did it and still no go. I'm losing patients with this nonsense. This is starting to be more frustration than this game is worth!

Edited by Katrat

Wow. That sux. You just now deleted all ur game log files. Hope u had those backed up. Also sux if u still can not log in to Wurm.

• Like 1

Restored them. But still no luck getting logged in. If I have to start over with a new toon I'm done with this game!

Edited by Katrat

13 minutes ago, TeeeBOMB said:

Wow. That sux. You just now deleted all ur game log files. Hope u had those backed up. Also sux if u still can not log in to Wurm.

Game logs are not stored in the Configs folder.

29 minutes ago, Katrat said:

stand alone.

If you don't need it, uninstall any java that you have installed. If you do need it, make sure that you only have the java version that matches your computer, 32bit or 64bit.

• Like 1

I have the Java version that works for my pc. 64 bit. 1.8. Have been using it with no issues for a while now.

Edited by Katrat

Next step I would look at would be to rename your packs folder, that way the game has to redownload them, though they are a decent size.

• Like 1

I uninstalled wurm and now I cannot reinstall it. Getting the same issue with the launcher.

Can you perhaps describe more about the nature of the "weird glitch" you encountered earlier?

Also specifically are you using Java 64-bit on your machine, and thus downloaded the "WurmSetup64.exe" to match?

I am also assuming you are on a Windows system?

I'm on win 10 and yes I matched the 64 java and the 64 exe. The glitch turned out to be my own doing as I had my external keyboard resting to high on my laptop keyboard which was triggering a spam effect. Not sure which of the bottom keyboard keys it was pressing though. But when I logged out it locked up the pc and I had to force a shutdown. When I restarted the pc it updated and self cleaned. After that I tried to launch wurm and it just won't relaunch.

I did save all my wurm files on an external drive before I uninstalled.

Edited by Katrat

I should add that I have tried the 32 exe as well with no luck at all.

My husband thinks my toon was hacked and the spamming key glitch had nothing to do with the keyboard issue. Since I did post my console info per request in a former post regarding lag from meteors I'm wondering if he is correct in that thought. If so I am definitely done with Wurm!

9 hours ago, Katrat said:

My husband thinks my toon was hacked and the spamming key glitch had nothing to do with the keyboard issue. Since I did post my console info per request in a former post regarding lag from meteors I'm wondering if he is correct in that thought

I don't believe it's possible to get access to character information from console log, Much of it is cleaned by the game when it logs it so it can be shared while protecting the privacy of the player sharing it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Katrat said:

I should add that I have tried the 32 exe as well with no luck at all.

My husband thinks my toon was hacked and the spamming key glitch had nothing to do with the keyboard issue. Since I did post my console info per request in a former post regarding lag from meteors I'm wondering if he is correct in that thought. If so I am definitely done with Wurm!

at most you can see username, open chat logs and possibly your pc-username which lately is replaced by "(username)" literally in the log to keep it anonymous...

It's most likely data corruption if windows did some weird stuff and system restore kind of operations

Do you have another device to test installing and running wurm, logging with your user/pass from there?
UAC/firewall could have randomly thought to be "useful" and asked for action.. missclick could send java/wurm processes into the naughty list and end up like starting a process and nothing to be happening on screen.

Unsure if UAC had per user settings.. creating different user in your windows and logging there, starting wurm or installing it in different directory could magically fix the problem if it's just local user settings to be causing this state.

If windows did system restore, doubt everything.. reinstall/update your video drivers.

Wurm needs a tool to check for it's requirements, environment variables etc.. if any of that is used by the launcher or client process later, just something to print out some information with the startup issues, these seem to pile up and become more common.

We can not use the old javaw -.. params and jnlp and have a console log anymore, w/e launcher does to start the game proves to be a black-box if it doesn't generate startup issues.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Finnn said:

at most you can see username, open chat logs and possibly your pc-username which lately is replaced by "(username)" literally in the log to keep it anonymous...

It's most likely data corruption if windows did some weird stuff and system restore kind of operations

Do you have another device to test installing and running wurm, logging with your user/pass from there?
UAC/firewall could have randomly thought to be "useful" and asked for action.. missclick could send java/wurm processes into the naughty list and end up like starting a process and nothing to be happening on screen.

Unsure if UAC had per user settings.. creating different user in your windows and logging there, starting wurm or installing it in different directory could magically fix the problem if it's just local user settings to be causing this state.

If windows did system restore, doubt everything.. reinstall/update your video drivers.

Wurm needs a tool to check for it's requirements, environment variables etc.. if any of that is used by the launcher or client process later, just something to print out some information with the startup issues, these seem to pile up and become more common.

We can not use the old javaw -.. params and jnlp and have a console log anymore, w/e launcher does to start the game proves to be a black-box if it doesn't generate startup issues.

AT current I only have this one laptop.

A friend of mine had the same thought about the firewall. This makes a lot of sense as to why it might not be launching. Thank you Finnn I will see what I can do with the user settings.