Sign in to follow this  
Jingerjas

Expected time for email when creating a new character

I didn't see anything recent, so I just wanted to ask.  I wanted to create a new character in game, and went through the initial set up; however how long does it take to get the email for the next step in registration?  I have been waiting for about 12 or so hours, and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't panicking for nothing.  If I need to be patient, that is fine.  Most of the time these things seem to be fairly quick.

I also am curious so I can let my son know when he's ready for his own Wurm insanity. :)

Thanks!

Usually less then 5 minutes. If you don't get it within 3 days the character creation will be cancelled and you can try using a different e-mail.

I know it's stating the obvious, but have you checked the spam folder or any other folders of that email address besides the "inbox".

As said, I know it's the obvious one, but I've noticed that even after receiving mails of a game in the inbox, sometimes they still end up in another folder. So it's always worth to check it.

And another obvious thing, have you checked if you haven't made an accidental typo?

Thorin :) 

I checked all the obvious things, and cleaned out my spam folder immediately, just so anything new would really stand out.  I guess I'll go monkey with it a bit more and see if I can figure out what is going on...

• Like 1

If you have previously attempted to make a character on that account that has timed out, hunt down that old email and make sure you click the (now expired) registration link.

For some reason, Wurm will 'queue' the registration link emails.

Source: I have too many damn accounts and run into this often when making new alts.

This is my first, and hopefully only!, alt account.  I made sure the email was different than my main account, but I don't have unlimited emails to keep setting up attempts.  I'll just have to wait and see if I can get this to go through in a couple days.

So, I waited the obligatory 3 days, tried to sign up with the same email that has my main, and still...zip!  I know there was mention of issues with emails supported by gmail.  Does that include Yahoo?  That is my email, so I'm beginning to think this is the issue. :(