Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

Let's boost Lava Fiends

Lava Fiends just aren't interesting enough, considering how rare they are, how nasty they look, and how they have a fire attack.

Let's make them more interesting!

• Tougher armour. It looks like rock. Let's have it deflect more blows.
  • Beef up the fire attack, and their fist attacks, so that players think twice before engaging them.
  • Large Fire resistance / small cold vulnerability. Not a big effect, but something would be nice.
  • Have them drop a few pieces of charcoal, similarly to how cave bugs drop several cochineal. Or make different fiends yield small amounts of various metals.
  • All things considered, I think they should be more challenging than trolls.

I don't think we need to worry about newbies engaging them by mistake. This is quite obviously a dangerous creature at first glance. And they're not too hard to run away from.

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 4

I still remembering 'noping' out the first couple I saw cause they look so tough, and I definitely remember the disappointment the first time I enganged one.  I agree they should be tougher then trolls

They do look like they should be tougher than trolls. I just wish the graphics on them were in sync.

maxresdefault.jpg

I was there, Sheffie. I was there three thousand years ago. I was there the day the strength of fences failed. I lit my deed well with the fires of lava fiends, in the small pens they couldn't destroy. The devs added fence bashing. We nearly ended that day, but my burning deed was allowed to endure. There's no strength left in the fences of men.

• Like 3

Would be cool if they turned into some sort of mineabie corpse rather than just giving more charcoal.

But +1 for more mob difficulty in Wurm.

5 hours ago, Hoseph said:

icwkZcH.jpg

Yggdrasil! Watch out for the lava fiend!

lord-of-the-rings-destroy-it.gif

I am not sure they should be that much more difficult, especially for such a common spawned enemy that will undoubtly spawn in within your caves, on the desert and on the steppe a handful of times a day. 

I am all for a little bit more difficulty, but why not just add a new monster in instead of changing a current one too drastically? 

I do agree they should at least equal troll in difficulty. 

Yessss I would love for PvE to have a more difficult Environment. From day 1 I found surviving against the environment to be easy AF.