Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Valrei International: A Sneak Peek at Exploration!

I swear i saw that treasure map thing somewhere before 🙄

unknown.png

Edit: and chess pieces 🤔

unknown.png

Edited by Frol

3 minutes ago, Frol said:

I swear i saw that treasure map thing somewhere before 🙄

unknown.png

God forbid there's an idea that was had elsewhere! 

The mod stole it from uo anyways, don't act high and mighty 

• Like 6

Could we see a loot table for the treasure?

Treasure Maps! This reminds me of the good old days of Ultima Online. The high level ones were really challenging and always a good opportunity for a group event to have fun together and kill the reapers and all other big monsters 🥰 .

Please don't keep us waiting too long :) !

Maps to treasure and chess sets; definitely a step in the right direction towards more explorative content.

Question is, will folks be able to skill as they do it, or will the rewards aid in that?

• Like 1

Seems very interesting! can't wait :) and chess! wow , both sides are gorgeous 🥰

I'm so excited!!  Thank you Wurm team for this exciting expansion, I think it will be a lot of fun! :D  

Also, if some people use AI to find the treasure locations without "exploring" more power to them.  If that's how they enjoy playing, I don't have a problem with it personally.  I fully intend on exploring because that's what I enjoy. :)

9 hours ago, axeblade346 said:

I am glad to see that some of the ideas from Mods of Wurm Unlimited are making it over to Wurm Online.

The treasure map mod is a lot of fun and makes us get of deed and explore.
The way its done in Unlimited is you get a general direction and distance (think locate soul) so the map version for Online may be a bit easyer.
I know the Online community will enjoy it.

I also hope that the chess set saves the position of the pieces so you all can pick it up and play later.

Yeah, I thought I was losing my mind thinking this seems like the same feature from Wurm Unlimited.

I'm glad someone else finally mentioned it. I'm excited that it's making it's way on to WO as well;  :) 

30 minutes ago, Red_ said:

Yeah, I thought I was losing my mind thinking this seems like the same feature from Wurm Unlimited.

I'm glad someone else finally mentioned it. I'm excited that it's making it's way on to WO as well;  :) 

Yes, was a great idea back in the day. Either way, good to see it is coming to WO!

I just hope there will be coins too.

Neat, I can sit on my butt playing chess in the explora...tion... upd.at. what?  OKay, neat, I like it.... but that has nothing to do with exploration.  Treasure maps, okay Minecraft has it, but maybe make Chess a holiday gift like checkers was.

Maybe I missed something in the post, but I just don't understand that one.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

Neat, I can sit on my butt playing chess in the explora...tion... upd.at. what?  OKay, neat, I like it.... but that has nothing to do with exploration.  Treasure maps, okay Minecraft has it, but maybe make Chess a holiday gift like checkers was.

Well exploration is a really brode term. But I think "get your butt out of your deed from time to time updated" is a bit long. Second part of the exploration update include randomly spawned camps. The first half have the goal to get you out in the wild while the second part adds a POI to stumble over it. It's not perfect but if they add more exploration driven stuff they would need to add more not player generated content not sure of this is something we want and fit Wurm. 

23 hours ago, elentari said:

What about farming? Heard it was about farming as well...

We will def be adding other methods that have been suggested.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Coach said:

Anyone got clues on the place of this treasure map already?

Pretty sure they are not sailing on cadence because sharks are rare on cadence. 

The map was made either on Test or the dev's personal server for testing. The sailing image was one I did on Test :) its not any in game place. 

On 4/16/2022 at 7:47 AM, DemonaNightshade said:

The map clues are items that will visually lead you to a location and will come in varying quality levels, whereas the more challenging older maps may be missing sections or have been smudged or distorted by the hands of time.

Okay, now that is right up my alley.

2 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

Maybe the set or pieces are found via exploring? 

This treasure clue update just makes me think of treasure trails from runescape.

Haven't been back on in 3-4 months but that's super exciting - can't wait to see the update release on it!

unknown.png

Much better~ :P . Also, PvP backs this up with JK already being Vyn/Fo. Sorry Mag! :P

Does this mean that Libila is confirmed allied with Jackal 😮 

Fun Little Ideas

McgFaUf.png

Me: Change the King depending on what god you follow and then the Queen could be some other creature (Doesn't require any new assets, I think). Those that have no god could be Jackal, other creatures, whateves

RkswL2Z.png

Edited by Zuelatak

29 minutes ago, Zuelatak said:

unknown.png

Much better~ :P . Also, PvP backs this up with JK already being Vyn/Fo. Sorry Mag! :P

Does this mean that Libila is confirmed allied with Jackal 😮 

Fun Little Ideas

McgFaUf.png

Me: Change the King depending on what god you follow and then the Queen could be some other creature (Doesn't require any new assets, I think). Those that have no god could be Jackal, other creatures, whateves

RkswL2Z.png

Darkness falls over the skies of defiance, the war has been long fought.

As the frontline of MR marches forward, an echo cries out from the forest in local.

"My god is better than weak beast man"

A table is laid, tea is brewed. And after 20 minutes of intense battling. MR is victorious.

"ok see you next week", the Lib priest mutters.

"JKs Fo priest is bring the sandwiches" the MR warrior retorts.

And as the MR warrior turns to march back, they feel a prick of a knife in their back.

never trust a Lib priest to a fair fight.

10 hours ago, envoh said:

never trust a Lib priest to a fair fight.

Motto of Blacklight :)) good one

This is Amazing, cant wait

Edited by Mavodo

I feel like no-one's asking the important question here

does the chess have En Passant as a rule?

• Like 2

Chess code is pretty common. Probably can copy and paste somewhere. Most of them included castling, en passant and promotion.

A little timer can be seen by both players for time control in-game would be a suggestion.