Sign in to follow this  
christopher

corbs

ive sailed all your tunnels all over the servers and i thank all past and present players who took the time to do these babys , a couple ive stuck out the top in a weird way , one my corb left the tunnel and ended up on the roof of the outlet i had to get a support tic for that one another had to navigate around fallen parts of tunnels ,im just after away through so i dont have to get out and push at the entrances ,dont want to hurt anyones knarr stuff/size or /speed. ive learnt that some servers there are nogo zones ,the reasoning is getting the horse to rift across servers thats the whole issue, freight shipping that could solve it all 4xports  nsew every server u collect your stuff for a fee when u get there ,could then take the sailboat to servers pick up horse and go  , just a thought

Some different suggestions then to help:

Tents -   Allow people to use 2 tents as spawn points when they die.    Then when you arrive at a shoreline, before going to a rift, you can pop down your tent at your boat.  Then travel to the rift.  Then when you get to the rift, pop out your other tent at the rift site.  Then if you die at the rift, you can spawn at the rift sites tent instead of your sail boat tent.   

Or create a big tent or god statue which everyone can use at the location that a rift takes place.  Like it spawns there when the rift appears.  Ready for use and then disappears when the rift is over.  Like the Gods are trying to help the mortal rid the world of evil, kind of thing. They can pick to spawn at the rift if they die or back at their normal tent or elsewhere.

Other suggestion:

Faster Mining and Concrete creation - Allow people to mine surface rock much faster so that people can create deeper water passageways and such if they wish.  Though I would also make concrete more easy to make as well to offset the faster surface mining.

For a boat suggestion -

Boat Speed Boost at certain depths -  You could make it so that the boats get a speed boost when they are sailing in certain depths.    So for example, the Corb could get a sailing speed boost when it sails over tiles that are -50 dirt in depth or more (As an example) but when it gets back to a tile 49 and under, then the boost goes away.  Could say that those deeper tiles have larger waves or something so the boats can handle them better.

The Knarr could get a speed boost in less deep water so in water -5 to -15 the knarr would be really speedy but above that point it would go back to its normal speed.   Apply that calculation to the smaller boats and the other boost for the bigger boats.  Then you can travel faster in certain depths but also each type of boat gets its own speed boost in each depth zone.

10 hours ago, Ekcin said:

You misunderstood. I leave it to the judgement of the audience whether it was my fault, and I expressed me so unclearly that I am easily misunderstood. 

Ekcin chill it doesn't need to be anyone's fault. This just feels like you're saying I'm dumb 😕 or you're picturing us in a court room. Picture us instead sitting at a simple table discussing how we can better improve our lives together. This isn't a fight.

9 hours ago, Ekcin said:

and 65 slope above water table.

Again unless I misunderstood you, I thought this was optional to prevent "lousy sailing"? Without the need to raise the ceiling you remove a SUBSTANTIAL amount of work.

Clipping through ceilings is one of the worst experiences for a captain (though looking at the "solid stone walls" from the other side is revealing, and sometimes used for orientation during mining). It is somewhat sustainable as long as a tunnel is straight forward, still may force to disembark and reembark repeatedly. In a tunnel with some bends or leftover resource veins in the shipping lane it is a nightmare.

It is also "optional" to push your ship all the way. That does not even need water.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

it is a nightmare

And that's why I said "but as long as I could navigate through the tunnel still I'd be fine with it"

If it's not something that could be easily traversed then I understand why you'd prioritize knarrs

27 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

It is also "optional" to push your ship all the way. That does not even need water.

Unlike me though you know this is a stupid idea. I was unaware to the idea that sailing through ceilings was a nightmare.

After this idiotic rant, I give up and leave this discussion. That was just trolling.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

After this idiotic rant, I give up and leave this discussion. That was just trolling.

Yeah trolling me lol. You ain't reading anything I say, and shame me for clarifying. 

TL/DR:

• rowing boats should carry a small crate
  • sailing boats should carry a large crate
  • big ships should be able to tow and/or load boats
  • no volunteers to dig deeper tunnels
  • no consensus on buffing the corbita
Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheffie said:

TL/DR:

• rowing boats should carry a small crate
  • sailing boats should carry a large crate
  • big ships should be able to tow and/or load boats
  • no volunteers to dig deeper tunnels
  • no consensus on buffing the corbita
  • lots of drama for some reason
  • Like 2

i have not read every response to this topic, but as someone who has made many many ships over the years,  the most useless ships are cogs, you can load less cargo on a cog than a corbita it doesnt go on shallow water either and its much harder to make.  

the only reason anyone has a cog is to use the crowsnest.

the corbita works fine, the cog needs some loving.

Edited by Tpikol