Sign in to follow this  
Brash_Endeavors

Pocamadera small 2048 map for singleplayer or low pop server

This is a smaller 2048 map designed for small groups, low pop servers, or singleplayer.  It is free for anyone to use on any server, private or public. It has generous resources (clay tar peat etc).

The low lying areas near the water are newbie friendly with gentle slopes, meadows and fruit trees. Easy for highways.

The higher elevations are more challenging with steeper slopes, heavily forested, and gorgeous views. Challenging for highways ....

note: My small sized maps often do not give deepwater ships (caravel etc) full access to several of the the smaller inland rivers without some dredging.  Deepwater ships can get into the larger harbors and of course can travel all ocean waters. Shallow water craft (knarr, sailboats etc) should be able to sail anywhere without grounding.    If a GM or players want deepwater ships to  travel all of the smaller inland waterways, they may need to use a dredge or a GM wand to make all waterways deepwater, which might make a nice project for some players.   **EDIT see post below, I did a second version without the shallow rivers

There are two downloads, one with regular ores and one with moonmetals added

Rheyan's youtube tutorial on how to add custom maps is here

Map:

JLGbR80.png

Screenshots:

p3fERjY.jpeg

RE9wV1M.jpeg

qSeU8dV.jpeg

TnMvwEz.jpeg

eJyzcsB.jpeg

BbJAAd3.jpeg

bIFdM9J.jpeg

2tq8acw.jpeg

nJO8V4O.jpeg

pwaGaQR.jpeg

yS5FIHP.jpeg

RFK93LW.jpeg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 4

I decided I am going to redo a second version of the map as a lot of things bothered me on the first one.  I left the original version up in case anyone felt they would prefer it, but I think I like this one better for my own gameplay style, and more suitable for a general audience.

CHANGES:

• I reconsidered having the shallow inland waterways. The new version will be deeper waterways overall, a lot less reed/kelp/marshes. and especially deeper channels in the middle so that all types of ships can get through all waterways. This also results in the land near the waterline being a lot less flat than before, but I don't think that will be a huge problem, it is still a LOT more newbie friendly than, say, Ocrea.
  • I reconsidered having mostly meadows/fruit trees/bushes at low elevations and forested areas at higher elevations. After reconsideration I decided that wasn't particularly new-player-friendly since no one really likes tons of fruit trees or bushes, so I reduced those enormously and now all elevations are heavily forested with "lumber" trees. Cedars Pine and Fir will still mostly be in higher elevations, some exceptions and  not exclusively, while birch linden maple are more common near waterfront.  Traveling along the waterline areas is not as easy with less "clear space" and building roads there less easy but I think not that big of a deal.
  • Meadows are now rare instead of common. I know many people love huge open areas, and they certainly are easier for new players to navigate.  But I am sure some ambitious woodcutters can take care of that issue. Early on  trees are very useful for all players and eventually a lot of those trees get cut down. And I just like lots and lots and LOTS of trees. 
  • I know some people hate snow on maps. I like snowy mountains in the backdrop, I grew up in areas where the mountains in the distance had snow all year, so my maps get snow. With all the added trees you won't see the snow so much anyways.

Download links for the "New" versions:

Pocamadera New Regular (no moonmetals)

Pocamadera New Special (moonmetals)

Updated new map:

WitycVn.png

I did not take new screenshots. The height map didn't change, mostly biomes moved around and rivers deepened. 

Just imagine tons fewer bushes/fruit trees, very little kelp/reed compared to before, and very heavily forested even at the waterline.

• Like 2

Hey I just started on your map. Is there anything interesting worth exploring? Any interesting mobs to kill?

Im having trouble finding a goal...

A map is just terrain. It won't by itself provide story, lore, or purpose.  

You have to bring those things to the game, or find mods that can add quests, treasure chests,  etc

You would need mods to add things like "interesting mobs to kill" etc. There are mods that add interesting new monsters.  

A map is just the canvas.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply - I have basically looked at every possible mod - I have not seen a single one for interesting mobs (apart from a seemingly abandoned creatures one) or quests mods that provided any goals...

If you have seen any do let me know.

Wurm is a sandbox game.  You bring your imagination with you and you make whatever goals you want to have.  Or none at all.  The beach is a clean slate of sand and if you can only sit there wondering were all the pre-made entertainment is, you're missing the point.

• Like 2