Sign in to follow this  
Stanlee

More Title Bonuses

Many of you will be aware of this little nugget when changing titles

530a8ddd30c871a36dcd958a60723a55.png

What you might not know if the functions of this. Pulled from WU code:

Titles.Title title = performer.getTitle();
if (title != null && title.getSkillId() == improve.getNumber() && (target.isArmour() || target.isCreatureWearableOnly()))
  mod *= 1.2999999523162842D; 

This means that if you're wearing an appropriate title for the armour you're increasing, you improve the item 30% faster! A real must-have for leatherworkers, cloth tailors, chain armour smiths and plate smiths everywhere!

But wait, what's this? target.isCreatureWearableOnly()? What fits into that?

Oh, right, bardings. And... saddles? And horseshoes? My, we've given Blacksmithing and Jewellery Smithing titles an unexpected benefit! 30% faster horseshoe imping!

Wouldn't it be delightful if we took this further? I'm looking at you, 100 skill titles!

The bonuses don't have to be good (in fact I feel it'd be best if none were as close to as strong as 30% faster imping. Maybe let 100 mind logic actually have the extra action?)

They don't even have to make sense (I keep thinking +1% base crit rate for weaponsmithing 100)

They'd just make a nice little something, because aside from the title the main use of the massive climb to 100 skill is bragging rights.

• Like 6

Hmmm, I take it 100 titles don't give bonuses? 

I can't put my money on this one, but when I use the 100 title for PAS , I feel I am actually getting worse imping results than using Master Platesmith. What does the WU code say about those? Or are 100 titles not coded to give bonuses?

9 minutes ago, elentari said:

Hmmm, I take it 100 titles don't give bonuses? 

I can't put my money on this one, but when I use the 100 title for PAS , I feel I am actually getting worse imping results than using Master Platesmith. What does the WU code say about those? Or are 100 titles not coded to give bonuses?

Imperial Dragonsmith is correctly tagged and should perform normally

I agree 100 skill should come with a good reward and no I don't count bragging rights as a reward. Guess I'm old school but I always thought titles came with coin and land grants. I would love to see money bonuses and free deed tiles with higher skill awards. If 100 skill granted a single fee free deed tile that would be awesome. But I'm certain someone will claim that could be an exploit of some kind so whatever. Hopefully a good reward that works for everyone will be added for 100 skill.

I always found title bonuses odd. One side they are nice as a reward for a skill accomplishment on the other side if they are only for active used they add a form of annoying micromanagement in the crafting business (in combat it may be different). They should either be small passive when unlocked or not existing at all from a game design perspective.

And in spacial they should not be as selective that just a few do something to add to the confusion what to use when.

I agree there should be some kind of bonus or buff granted to 100 title holders either full time or at least when they are using the skill related to the title just like armour smithing. Getting any skill to 100 is a big challenge, and should be rewarded.

I've always known about the armour smithing bonus but never paid attention really since I'm not an armorsmith, but now here you tell us that bonus also applies to all of these: leatherworkers, cloth tailors, chain armour smiths, plate smiths, blacksmithing and jewellery smithing. Always something new to learn in wurm for sure no matter how many years you play, so I will try to remember to wear the correct title when doing any of that work in future! (this is not clear at all on wiki, at least not to me but guess I need to search more if it's correct.)

Yeah, makes sense that if you make the slog to 100, there should be an additional bonus to imping things. Here's looking at you, horseshoes...