Sign in to follow this  
belacane

shield damage

When going hunting in a desert filled with mobs, or sparring with a friend, I find myself frustrated by how quickly metal shields get damaged. 

It seems that they damage far quicker than other 'things that take blows' in a fight, such as a weapon (parrying), or armor.

QoL wise, I find the extremely high rate at which metal shields get damaged to be very frustrating.

It is a nice motivation to skill up shield smithing, but I'm wondering if anyone else is with me on how annoying it is to have to imp shields at a far faster rate than anything else.

My suggestion is to decrease the amount of damage a metal shield takes so it's on par with other armor and weapons that take hits. 

Edited by belacane
  • Like 1

well seeing the sheild also is responsible for deflection as well as taking damage i think they are fine taking more damage than other items, besides it gives sheild smiths more work for improving broken sheilds back to their full glory

• Like 1

Part of the grind, welcome to everyone else’s pain.

I would better consider raising armour damage, it is quite miniscule considering how much of a blow is absorbed by the armour. Maybe weapons are fine as is since those not absorbing mostly but deflecting momentum.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Holar said:

Part of the grind, welcome to everyone else’s pain.

I knew you’d respond to this 😉

I’ve been part of the pain for years.

i just don’t see a reason why the damage is so heavy that a shield needs to be repaired and imped as often as it does. 

It’s a QoL issue for a game that isn’t my real life. It shouldn’t take up quite as much time as real life. 

Edited by belacane
  • Like 2