Sign in to follow this  
Rozzoleen

Extended Chimney for better looks

Can a new item be developed where we can add an extension to the chimneys of ovens, forges, and such so when we have a multiple floor building, we can extend the chimney and the smoke to come out of the roof? Say half the materials the forge and oven uses to make the extension. it's just odd to see a chimney with smoke sticking out of your second floor.

• Like 15

yeah, have it as an option though, as if it was the default that wouldn't look good on a single-story, or top floor of a multi-story.

yeah, have it as an option though, as if it was the default that wouldn't look good on a single-story, or top floor of a multi-story.

I meant to explain as an extension per floor. So a three story building would need 2 extensions for it to come out on the roof. 

Edited by Rozzoleen
add quote
  • Like 2

Activate brick -> right click forge/oven/fireplace -> select option "raise chimney". Maybe use 10 bricks per floor. Only thing I image would be tricky to implement is the hitbox for the item itself to prevent people using the forge or oven from the floors above?

• Like 2

This has been suggested many times, and I hope it's considered during the announced focus on decorative items.

Even if we have to create chimney sweep brushes to maintain them, it would still be worth it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Katrat said:

+1 Yet again. 

I knew I could not be the only one to come up with this great idea.  Lets keep it current

• Like 1

I alway make proper ventilation plans to the building so I dont die of smoke inhalation

+1 I did suggest that too in the past, as did others. Would love it.

would love to see this added in to game,

Just to build on the thought. It could work as a type of floor to add a chimney extension, (requiring a forge/oven/open fireplace/chimney extension to be secured underneath) similar to the spiral stair cases, it was common practice to have more than one fireplace connected to a flue so you could choose to build either a solid chimney or you could extend it to another opening with different materials, for a second floor oven, fireplace etc

800px-Natural_Chimneys_-_House_Chimney_2

if they could be turned etc, could even provide players with options to build the chimneys on the outside of the buildings for even more design options, which I realise is a bit... of an ask! but if you don't ask you'll never know right?! 😅

ee1785002e62b4d18b543f46dcad8d28.jpg

• Like 2

This would be a fair few extra models to add.

+1 though as the price is outweighed by the benefits.

As usual, yes please.

Just add a "chimney" item.  Require the furnace to be secured, and require the chimney to also be secured above it.  Then when the furnace is on, have the chimney smoke instead of the furnace.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 2

Bumping this to keep it current. I was hoping to see it or something like it in the update coming out. But I don't see it mentioned.

• Like 2

This would solve the problem of being smoked in my bedroom while the fireplace below is on.

• Like 2

I think what's needed is a one storey high extension, that can be attached to a forge or oven any number of times. Attachment could either change the model or attach a separate model that's rendered at an offset defined as part of the attachment process (artists might need to take care to avoid Z fighting)

• Like 1